*****Official Braga v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Not for this one. I’d play tighter.

Dont get the impression he’s a scrapper.

Yeah I get what you mean but it would be harsh, I do think Davis' experience is needed back in the 11. 

Kents been pretty shite but gets a pass since hes the 7 million pound star, I'd drop Kent as he could be a good impact sub if we're chasing the game.

16 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think his team picks itself.

Macgregor

Tav, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan

Jack, Davis, Kamara

Kent/Arfield, Aribo

Kamberi

Flanagan is not in the UEFA squad https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/50121--Rangers/squad/

You are allowed to make 3 changes after the group stages and it looks as though we added Hagi and Kamberi but not sure if we changed anything else from the groups

Helander also is not in probably due to injury

Think we'll try to play more defensively and hit on the break. Think itll be 451 with Hagi to to get up to support Kamberi when the opportunity is there.

Dont think we'll get embarrassed but don't think we'll go through. Tbf they are the best team we've played this season imo.

They cut us open countless times last week. 

Don’t think that’ll happen again because we’ll be extremely defensive for the majority of the game.

Only normal result that suits us is 1-1. Anything else we’re going to need 2 and I can’t see us scoring 2 anyway

I'd play 

McGregor 

Goldson katic Edmondson 

Tav Arfield Jack Aribo Barisic

Hagi 

Kamberi

I feel slightly better with Jack playing. Kent, Davis and Kamara should be nowhere near starting 11. Neither should Katic but I'd tell him to do nothing but sweep. 

If we try to sit back and defend for 90 minutes we will lose.

A 4-4-2 with Hagi and Kamberi up front might unsettle their less than stellar defense. Kent to join a midfield of Arfield Jack and Aribo.

Tav Goldson Katic/Edmundson Barisic

To progress we must score at least one and probably 2.

3 hours ago, The Monk said:

If it's a draw I hope we score first, not sure my heart can take one like the 2-2 Sporting Lisbon game

I’d much rather they scored first, then I’d resign myself to defeat - making our aggregate victory all the more satisfying. If we scored first I’d be shiting it for the rest of the match, in case we fucked it.

Bizarrely, I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if we were to get a result out there.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic 

Jack Davis Arfield

Hagi Aribo

Kamberi

Quite fancy seeing what Kamberi can do in a proper high level game. 

Archived