Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

2 months ago it was sensational. This place was buzzing. Him, his players, our football.... all wonderful. It's pretty much imploded since then. 

I'm in no way saying he's faultless, but when we see no player win their individual battles yet again, gift goals yet again, then for me they bear the brunt of the blame. Our only players currently deserving of a jersey are Kamberi, hagi and mcgregor. From 2 months ago them giving 10/10s regularly.

The players dont appear interested, bothered, up for it, competent, driven. In some games tho when it suits they turn up. I dont think any manager can live with that. Unfortunately the squad which he has brought invasion back up isnt capable of replacing, and yes he deserves criticism for that.

But for me our inconsistency is killing us, and again yesterday that comes from attitude  and desire going AWOL. And that's by far more in players than Gerrard.

Spot on, we have never won anymore than 6 league games on the bounce under Gerrard their is only so much of that you can blame on tactics....the rest is clearly down to mistakes, desire & having a strong mentality to win games that become a battle...hearts turned that into a battle last night after 15mins....I knew then that we would struggle to come out with a positive result 👍

36 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Would agree that there's no shame in asking for help but again it goes against the type of person Gerrard is...stubborn.

There also isn't just 1 thing that's stopping us from beating teams like that which an experienced manager would be able to tell you, you can list them off.

We need a manager with experience, a manager who can get the players playing for him & for the club, Gerrard isn't that guy. It's no surprise we do well in Europe or against the taigs....those games are in the spotlight where players can make a name for themselves.

He’s certainly getting experience with us. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There's a huge myth on here in regards to the first half of the season. The results overall were extremely positive but there was warning signs to see even when winning.

Were hopeless for 45 minutes at least against St Johnstone away, Livi, Motherwell and Kilmarnock at home.

Required a last minute winner at Killie, special free kick at St Mirren. 

Moments of indivudal brilliance got us three points at times  that's disappeared and similar type performances have now resulted in more dropped points. Some make it out we were performing to a high standard each game week in 2019!

I agree with this. Remember defending us to taigs about plating shite but still winning.....

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There's a huge myth on here in regards to the first half of the season. The results overall were extremely positive but there was warning signs to see even when winning.

Were hopeless for 45 minutes at least against St Johnstone away, Livi, Motherwell and Kilmarnock at home.

Moments of indivudal brilliance got us three points at times  that's disappeared and similar type performances have now resulted in more dropped points. Some make it out we were performing to a high standard each game week in 2019!

Imho, We weren't allowed to play to a higher standard, due to the amount of time the ref stopped the games from flowing. After winter break the hard work was lost due to injuries and fatigue and frustration with decisions. 

We aren't winning the league with Gerrard next year. If people are happy with that it's fine but I'm not and think it's worth looking at other options.

Gerrard just does not learn from his mistakes, and continuely playing Ojo is ridiculous, Doherty and Middleton should never have been allowed to leave on loan and players like Jones need to be given more of a chance as they at least fight. 

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm in no way saying he's faultless, but when we see no player win their individual battles yet again, gift goals yet again, then for me they bear the brunt of the blame. Our only players currently deserving of a jersey are Kamberi, hagi and mcgregor. From 2 months ago them giving 10/10s regularly.

The players dont appear interested, bothered, up for it, competent, driven. In some games tho when it suits they turn up. I dont think any manager can live with that. Unfortunately the squad which he has brought invasion back up isnt capable of replacing, and yes he deserves criticism for that.

If the same malaise has infected every single player bar the new signings and the goalkeeper, surely that’s a management issue? They don’t just all lose interest independently of each other at exactly the same time, they’re not being managed properly.

15 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Were hopeless for 45 minutes at least against St Johnstone away, Livi, Motherwell and Kilmarnock at home. Was commented often on here at the time.

Moments of individal brilliance got us three points at times that's disappeared and similar type performances have now resulted in more dropped points. Some make it out we were performing to a high standard each game week in 2019!

That being said injuries and loss of form of key players has been a huge factor. That's where the manager earns his wage.

That won't fit the narrative on here 

4 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

We aren't winning the league with Gerrard next year. If people are happy with that it's fine but I'm not and think it's worth looking at other options.

Gerrard just does not learn from his mistakes, and continuely playing Ojo is ridiculous, Doherty and Middleton should never have been allowed to leave on loan and players like Jones need to be given more of a chance as they at least fight. 

You think Middleton & Jones are any better than Ojo? 

All 3 are garbage 

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That's a fair and valid point.

One of my main frustrations is we play with too many passengers, you can get away with 1 or 2, but we regularly have 4/5 underperforming. Mind-boggling.

It's my frustration too, especially when we know the players can succeed in Europe. Which is why I believe we have to look at the problems internally as well as externally. Have a read of this and hopefully you'll see my point. https://www.rangersnews.uk/columnist/Rangers-must-speak-out-on-referees-after-another-horror-show/

I am going to make what some may see as a wild claim however fuck it. We will beat celtic and get through against leverkusen however St Mirren will beat us. Games werw there is a battle are were we come unstuck. Game changed yesterday when arfield went off injured,after this they overran us in midfield. I think halliday shoulda been brought as at least has a bit of fight about him. Performances in europe show were not far away from being a good team. We need a different option upfront and a battler in middle 

I despair at the lack of loyalty from some who seem to be revelling in being confirmed 'right' Gerrard was 'nothing but an under 18s coach'.

At an absolute minimum, every supporter should be giving him their full support to the end of the season to see if he can come up with a solution to turn this around.

9 minutes ago, The Socrates. said:

I am going to make what some may see as a wild claim however fuck it. We will beat celtic and get through against leverkusen however St Mirren will beat us. Games werw there is a battle are were we come unstuck. Game changed yesterday when arfield went off injured,after this they overran us in midfield. I think halliday shoulda been brought as at least has a bit of fight about him. Performances in europe show were not far away from being a good team. We need a different option upfront and a battler in middle 

A battler like Docherty and McCrorie. 

2 minutes ago, The Socrates. said:

I get that, because that is just how unpredictable we are. The scum game comes right after the BL game and I think we'll be knackered when they will have been rested and Stevie doesnt change personnel too much.

TBH I would say the BL games are now more important than the league, to see how far we can go in Europe with these schizophrenic players. It would be a pleasant surprise to go further.

Gerrard is under severe pressure and I don't know how he can turn it around. I would like to see him try by dropping the obvious underperformers on Wednesday, as that would be a sign he has learned from from failure and prepared to make the tough choices for the right reasons..

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/steven-mclean-reportedly-gives-reason-behind-big-Rangers-hearts-c

So let me get this straight and make sure i read this correctly.

First i'll state that there is no way we can verify this story but anyway, IF IT IS TRUE , He's fvcked up AGAIN.

I think we'll all concede that Edmundson touched the ball and that should have been a penalty awarded , the argument about Naismith touch it with his hand is a VAR call and something we don't have anyway , but he said he was unsighted .

Fair enough but then to say that he never gave the second yellow because there was a push that made his hands go up in the air is farcical because THAT'S A PENALTY.

Not only is he a liar but he's an incompetant fvckin liar to boot.

For his sake this had better not be true because if it is this should see him fired from refereeing for good.

17 minutes ago, The Socrates. said:

Halliday would spend the majority of time rolling about the pitch after every tackle. The boy has no fight about him just a good mouth piece which I suppose the team is missing aswell. 

Just now, Finny said:

Halliday would spend the majority of time rolling about the pitch after every tackle. The boy has no fight about him just a good mouth piece which I suppose the team is missing aswell. 

You mean just like Lee McCulloch used to do?

Archived