***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mad that we have not conceded a goal and looked decent in pre season yet I am still filled with dread for this game. Huge huge consequences so early.

It's like the old chiche - you can't win the league in the first game, but you can sure as hell lose it.

I don't know why but I've a feeling McLaughlin might start this in goals. 

I think on pre-season form the team might more-or-less pick itself.

Morelos really needs to get in about the scoring though. 

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

It's like the old chiche - you can't win the league in the first game, but you can sure as hell lose it.

I don't know why but I've a feeling McLaughlin might start this in goals. 

I think on pre-season form the team might more-or-less pick itself.

Morelos really needs to get in about the scoring though. 

Not a chance McLaughlin plays in front of greegs away to the sheep mate 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Not a chance McLaughlin plays in front of greegs away to the sheep mate 

I wouldn't have thought so either until a few days ago and just thinking back to Gerrard's comments about him challenging McGregor for number one shirt. 

I might be reading too much into them comments and pre-season selections, mind you. It's just a thought.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I wouldn't have thought so either until a few days ago and just thinking back to Gerrard's comments about him challenging McGregor for number one shirt. 

I might be reading too much into them comments and pre-season selections, mind you. It's just a thought.

Aye a get your thinking, would be a major statement and boot up the arse for McGregor to be at his best, just don’t see it though mate

I had a nightmare last night we conceded a deflection in the first minute :lol:

Always difficult to know what to expect first game of the season but confident we can dig out a win, don’t see it being comfortable at all though and more of a slog.

Zero point in predicting a line up, we all know who's playing where.

They haven't performed well in pre season and haven't made any improvement signings on last season. McInnes has zero tactical nous so I expect us to pump them and set a standard. Aribo is going to rip their central midfield apart.

4 nil to the famous.

They’ll revert to type & try and make the game stop start with all the usual tricks then focus on grabbing a goal from a set piece.

Unfortunately it’s worked well for them before so hopefully we’ll be able to deal with it & get away from there with 3 points any way we can. 

A bit concerned by the gaffers comments about trying to get a friendly organised for tuesday so helander can get more minutes with a view to starting him on Saturday. He looked absolutely miles off it, which is to be expected given his time out. If stevie thinks we need to risk that and we cant win the game with edmundson the games up the pole already. 

15 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not a fan of the thread.

No time and date, posting a provisional team, no space for links to the game.

With this kind of half arsed effort, it's no wonder we are facing losing 10 in a row.

Also, 3 stars for an official match thread. Shocking!!!

"One of the big reasons for trying to get a game on Tuesday is to try and add to the 30 minutes Fil got," "The idea will be, can he go for 45-60 minutes to get him in better condition and available for the Aberdeen game?

"Will he be available for the start? I think it will be touch and go. He'll be fit enough in terms of the injury, but it's whether we think he's going to be sharp enough with enough minutes in his legs to go from the start against Aberdeen.

"If we can get the game on, that could be a big factor in whether he's available to start or not."

Harsh on Edmundson.

Archived