Jelavic has arrived at Murray Park

Mansion

<cr>

What's happening?

according to clyde, rangers have now agreed a fee and tryin to sorting out terms, however there is an issue over funds owed to player by rapid.

Hope that's enough mate. I know the guy hasn't earned any right to be paid loads of money but we need to offer him a really good wage as he'll know he can get better in England.

edit: Quote Fail lol

Typical, we've agreed fee with club but our shitty wage structure is going to fuck up the deal!!

Surely a club of our size and considering the amount of big earners we have got rid of we should be able to offer a good wage to the guy.

I think he will be offerd the Boyd deal! The deal that Boyd turned down. 18-20 grand a week.

Hope that's enough mate. I know the guy hasn't earned any right to be paid loads of money but we need to offer him a really good wage as he'll know he can get better in England.

Rangers and Rapid Vienna have all but settled on a fee for striker Nikica Jelavic. But STV Sport understands the player is yet to agree on the personal terms offered and is holding out for money from his current employers he claims the Austrian club owe him, before he settles on a move to Scotland.

Jelavic, who scored for Rapid in their 2-0 win over Sturm Graz at the weekend, is believed to be subject of a £3.2 million offer from the Glasgow club, who had a reduced bid for the 24-year-old rejected last week.

Speaking a week ago, Jelavic outlined his desire to move to Rangers, saying he felt he had given Rapid a level of consistent performance that merited him the right to move onto bigger things. “I was informed about Rangers' interest in me and I really want to go,” Jelavic said.

“Rapid are a great side and I have enjoyed my time here but I have paid them back well with goals and I deserve the chance to go. It has always been my dream to play in Britain and Rangers are a big club with tradition. I would love to play there.”

More to follow...

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/190853-jelavic-decision-key-to-deal-as-rapid-and-rangers-agree-fee/

15k-18k is as much as we can offer anyone and is not going to attract players who could play in the epl for 2 or 3 times that.didnt think this would ever happen, we have been used again .we need to walk away now and see who else is about. the clock is ticking and we've wasted enough time

Seems like there are still complications then.

Rapid owe Jelavic money

Zulte Waregem will get money from any transfer - Rapid may be reluctant to pay Jelavic

Issues over wages

Rapid can't have it always!

Initially we were asked to pay £3.5m, which we agreed. Then it became £4m because they knew about the sell on clause. Now the player & club have issues over money owed to Jelavic.

It's high time someone at the club told them to wake up. £3.5m was a bit steep for a player half way through his contract. £4m is verging taking the piss. Rapid need to realise a great deal when they see it. Starting to get annoyed with this now. I can see this dragging on & wasting time to go for another target if this deal goes tits up!

If it comes down to wages, and he's not prepared to accept the terms that we offer him, then fcuk him, we move on. Not saying it's going to come down to that, but we shouldn't scrap our wage cap for anyone!

Also, if he's due money from Rapid, then he's perfectly entitled to it, and if it costs us the deal, then that's they way it goes - we shouldn't be forking out extra. It's the way football works these day's sadly.

15k-18k is as much as we can offer anyone and is not going to attract players who could play in the epl for 2 or 3 times that.didnt think this would ever happen, we have been used again .we need to walk away now and see who else is about. the clock is ticking and we've wasted enough time

Me reckons maybe you should wait and see before writing the deal off,i don't get how we've been 'used again' as far as I'm aware there are no other clubs in for him.

Sometimes you have to be patient,this guy signs and I'm confident he will tear up the SPL.