Rangers in for David Goodwillie

Davie2909

Very disapointing and without doubt a huge blow to the team. We've recovered from the loss of much better players though.

I think its the impact this signing could have that will damage us. This isnt a fringe player we are letting go off, nor is it someone who came to the club to use us as a stepping stone, its very much someone who by all accounts wants to play for the club and enjoys doing so. A first team player who has been of crucial importance to us. I hate to be all doom and gloom and part of me wants to join the We've recovered from the loss of better players brigade but what kind of boost do you think that will give a team like Celtic knowing the only player we have that has consistantly damaged them at home and away the past couple of seasons is now gone? Who do we have up front now? We talked about how we went and spent over £5Million on two strikers when we already had Miller, Naismith and Lafferty but the Naisy and Kyle. Kyle has still got to prove a lot and Naismith is making a name for himself in a position further away from goal. We could pop him up front and I would expect Naisy to score. Beattie hasnt kicked a ball for us and like I already said, despite a somewhat impressive start, its still early days for Jelavic.

we dont own a fit striker if he leaves today.

pathetic stuff that would have any normal person tearing there hair out.

Lafferty and Beattie are both fit. Naismith and Fleck are both 'second strikers'

Everything will be rosy again when we spank Kilmarnock and The Beat grabs his first goal

How can people expect david goodwillie to come in and immediately score anywhere near the goals kenny miller has and possibly would. We got lucky after Boyd left, that kenny has scored plenty. This won't change our season but it makes things alot harder, with an even smaller squad. Also 700k- fuck off, united want double that for goodwillie.

Lafferty and Beattie are both fit. Naismith and Fleck are both 'second strikers'

Everything will be rosy again when we spank Kilmarnock and The Beat grabs his first goal

cloud coo koo comes to mind, all if and buts there sparky and no a guarentee

How can people expect david goodwillie to come in and immediately score anywhere near the goals kenny miller has and possibly would. We got lucky after Boyd left, that kenny has scored plenty. This won't change our season but it makes things alot harder, with an even smaller squad. Also 700k- fuck off, united want double that for goodwillie.

Why shouldn't he be able to score? He's already got 11 playing for a very average team and he'll be getting much better service at Rangers

Will be gutted if its true. Miller has been our best player this season by a mile. 700k, what a fucking steal, Bain or whoever accepted that should be shot, especially when Dundee United rejected more than that for Goodwillie :anguish: I despair at us at times

700k brought in from the sale of Miller and between 400-500k saved in wages over the remaining six months of his deal

That frees up 1.1-1.2 million straight away and that's before we even consider the possibility of offering Webster and/or Fleck on loan to them as part of the deal too.

Smith's wheeling and dealing to get us over the line and I'm going to trust him because he's seen us right so far.

(tu) this

Why shouldn't he be able to score? He's already got 11 playing for a very average team and he'll be getting much better service at Rangers

Better players have come to Rangers and not been able to do it. What I'm saying is that he is not a guarantee to come and score 20-30 goals a season. Yes he's young and that is very encouraging. By no means am I saying he isnt a good player however i would rather that kenny miller wasnt sacrificed for his arrival.

Will be gutted if its true. Miller has been our best player this season by a mile. 700k, what a fucking steal, Bain or whoever accepted that should be shot, especially when Dundee United rejected more than that for Goodwillie :anguish: I despair at us at times

Obv the shitty bank getting involved

If he does not want to sign a new contract then good riddance.

Will he be missed? Of course he will! He is miles out in front as our top scorer wtith 22 goals. Naismith has 8 and Jelavic/Lafferty have 4 each. We don't know what we will get from Jelavic when he returns, Beattie is never fit and not good enough, Lafferty is a dud who has 1 SPL goal all season, no goals coming from midfield or defence...

Goals will be a worry, anyone who thinks otherwise is on a different planet.

Chuffed to bits.

A 31 year old who has 6months left on his contract and who will not sign a new deal for 700k.

A 21 year old who loves the club, has bags of potential and is scoring goals in a piss poor united team for £1mil - £2mil.

I hear the noise of a lot of squeaky bums,have faith.

Miller stepped up to the plate when Boyd left and someone,probably Naisy will step up to replace him.

3 in a row :)

BUT HE'S OUR BESTEST EVER PLAYER AND THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SCORE GOALS FOR US, WE'RE DOOMED, DOOMED I TELLS YA!

Chuffed to bits.

A 31 year old who has 6months left on his contract and who will not sign a new deal for 700k.

A 21 year old who loves the club, has bags of potential and is scoring goals in a piss poor united team for £1mil - £2mil.

got goodwillie have we?