***The Rangers vs. Bheggars Thread***

Muff

I refuse to go into another Old Firm game, confident. On the 2nd of January, I thought we'd walk it and, before the final, they had our number. Anything can happen.

I agree with whoever said that, unless we win on Sunday, they'll probably win the league. That would ruin me. That's why this is must-win, no excuses.

Team-wise, I don't want to see Diouf starting and I'd rather see Ness in the middle instead of Hutton, I prefer him. McGregor behind Stevie Whittaker, big Madjid, Davie Weir and Papac. King Kyle of Ulster and Steven Davis on each side of midfield with Edu and Jamie Ness in the middle. Up top, Naismith playing off big Jelavic.

I think this game is in similar circumstances to the one-nil game at Ibrox a couple of seasons ago, the one where Miller played the ball across goal for Davis to slide in.

A win would me massive. Fucking massive.

Foster did do well against Izaguirre in the Scottish Cup game, but I think he should be on the bench.

Whittaker and Naismith can deal with Izaguirre and Commons, no bother.

Anyway I don't like predicting Old Firm scores, but I do a prediction for every match.

2-0 Rangers

Jelavic and Lafferty

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:lafferty: :davis: :edu::Naismith: :wylde:

:jelavic:

Just think Walter will stick Lafferty on the right hand side to go up against Izaguirre again at set pieces, also I could see Wylde coming in to limit Wilson bombing up and down. Naismith will have that free role in midfield floating in between, leaving Davis and Edu to pick up.

:lafferty: :davis: :edu::Naismith: :wylde:

Just think Walter will stick Lafferty on the right hand side to go up against Izaguirre again at set pieces, also I could see Wylde coming in to limit Wilson bombing up and down. Naismith will have that free role in midfield floating in between, leaving Davis and Edu to pick up.

That's the team I would go with (tu)

:Naismith: :davis: :ness: :wylde:

:jelavic: :lafferty:

Jelavic and Lafferty Partnership seems to be working so far, don't see why are picking diouf as he offers nothing to the team IMO. Also why is everyone picking hutton over Ness? Ness is CLEARLY the better player.

:Naismith: :davis: :ness: :wylde:

:jelavic: :lafferty:

Jelavic and Lafferty Partnership seems to be working so far, don't see why are picking diouf as he offers nothing to the team IMO. Also why is everyone picking hutton over Ness? Ness is CLEARLY the better player.

I agree Diouf should not play but people are picking Hutton because we do not know if Ness is fit to play or not.

I'm going to try to forget about this game untill Sunday, I can't take the amount of pressure that's on this single game.

Anything less than 3 points and I think we will need another gift from the skys above like on 22nd May 2005 - something I doubt I will ever experience again.

Walter can't play 1 up front...if he does we'll lose.

Same formation as cup final and go for the throat...

McGregor

Whitty

Boogie

Weir

Papac

Naismith

Davis

Ness

Wylde

Lafferty

Jelavic

easy 2-0

I think McCulloch may replace Ness in that team if fit and really hope that is the side he goes for and doesn't press the self destruct button that woudl be 1 up top

:whittaker::bougherra::weir::papac:

:davis::hutton:

:lafferty::Naismith::wylde:

For me, two key issues on Sunday will be stopping Celtic's full backs influencing the game and stopping Kayal getting time on the ball.

So I'd play Lafferty right side who can pin back Izaguire with his pace and trouble him in the air, and Wylde on the left as he troubled Wilson in the cup final with his pace. And I'd ask Naismith to hound Kayal everytime he looks to pick up the ball in deeper areas.

:whittaker::bougherra::weir::papac:

:davis::hutton:

:lafferty::Naismith::wylde:

For me, two key issues on Sunday will be stopping Celtic's full backs influencing the game and stopping Kayal getting time on the ball.

So I'd play Lafferty right side who can pin back Izaguire with his pace and trouble him in the air, and Wylde on the left as he troubled Wilson in the cup final with his pace. And I'd ask Naismith to hound Kayal everytime he looks to pick up the ball in deeper areas.

Sounds good mate (tu) Just don't know if Lafferty on the right would be an asset in an attacking sense though.