Roland Juhasz

Gaffbear

Ally McCoist on Juhasz today according to STVKeith:

"Rangets are "not a million miles away" from matching Anderlecht's £4million asking price for Roland Juhasz."

£4M for a 28 year old?

Much rather spend £4.6M on Verhoek & Goodwillie.

Why has he not said no yet by the way?

Doesnt have to say no, everyone on here has a crystal ball and an aversion to reason and logic.

Especially when they look like fannies after boasting to their Celt*ic supporter mates about how much money we have. Hence all the pubescent rage going around.

Ignore it.

(tu)

Nic

Would rather it went on a 20 year old at Arsenal .......

I'd probably agree. I don't think a club like us should spend large amounts of money on players that have no re-sale value. Also, in the SPL, a team like us shouldn't need an expensive centre back. It's midfield and up front where serious money should be spent, and on younger players too.

We won't spend near £4m on a CB when we could potentially get Goodwillie and Verhoek for that amount.

The only way we will get Juhasz is if Anderlecht drop their price and let him go for £2.5m which is a fair price IMO.

Ally McCoist is optimistic Rangers can reach an agreement with Anderlecht over the transfer of Roland Juhasz, despite having had two bids knocked back.

A second bid, reported to be in the region of £2.5 million, was rejected by the Belgian side on Thursday.

Juhasz has since stated his desire to leave Anderlecht and try his luck at Ibrox, saying in an interview he believed his true value was less than the £4.4 million Anderlecht are looking to receive.

Speaking on Friday, Rangers boss McCoist claimed his club were “not a million miles away” from striking a deal to bring the Hungarian defender to Glasgow.

Anderlecht were unimpressed with the offer received from Scotland on Thursday, telling STV that they had made their valuation clear to Rangers, only to receive a lower bid.

“We received a second bid from Rangers today which is way below our valuation,” an Anderlecht spokesperson said.

“It is not enough for an experienced player like Roland. Rangers know our valuation for the player and they haven’t met it.

“We are not actively looking to sell Roland. Last season we extended his contract. He is one of the leaders and most experienced players at our club.

“It’s a token of respect for the player and the club for him to attract offers form other clubs. We are the biggest club in Belgium and we are not surprised other clubs are looking at him. He is a very good player.”

Juhasz though believes Anderlecht’s valuation is inflated and has asked them not to price him out of a move to the SPL.

“When you hear what you pay for defenders, five million euros (£4.4 million) is too high,” he said. “I think I am worth two to three million euros (£1.8 million-£2.6 million). Perhaps Rangers will make a new offer, who knows?

“I am going into my seventh season at Anderlecht. I’m ready to play in a new league, I need a change. In the modern game, players only spend three or four years at a club.”

Don't want us spending over 3 million on a 28 year old

Don't see why not, realistically he could play for us for 5 or 6 years. Defenders tend to peak later so we'd get the best years out of him. 3M for a quality CB that will play for us for 5 years minimum is a fucking bargain if you ask me.

3m for a centre-back of his quality is and would be seen from everyone else as a bargain. Unfortuneartly since we can't spend too much it's not really a bargain for us.

These days its all about money , nothing else .

Then why didn't Hemed sign on with Rangers? I thought he moved to La Liga for the sunny weather and get a taste of La Liga even if it meant less cash.

I would pull the Interest in Carlos and up our bid by 500k for this lad, spend the 2million on The dutch lad and Goodie,

But then again I have no say in such things :disappointment:

All the players Ally has picked out will have a budget asigned to them.

We dont need to pull out of any deals for other players so as to boost out kitty for others.

If that was the case we would have pulled out of the deal already.

Now that Juhasz has said publically that he wants to move and come to us I feel a 3m bid would be more acceptable and if anderlecht dont accept that then he will be staying with them as nobody will pay what they want

mighty bears

You are barking mad if you think Miller came back to Rangers on half the money , and now he's signed at high flying Cardiff because its a huge club going places ?????

Hemed would have been at Ibrox if Rangers were paying him more money ......

All players go where they get most money , its proven time and again .

mighty bears

You are barking mad if you think Miller came back to Rangers on half the money , and now he's signed at high flying Cardiff because its a huge club going places ?????

Hemed would have been at Ibrox if Rangers were paying him more money ......

All players go where they get most money , its proven time and again .

Again with the Hemed dis-info? You're trying too hard. He went to Spain for less money, confirmed.

As for Miller, He wasnt getting the same up here as he was the previous year playing for Derby.

His wages at Cardiff are reported at somewhere around 20-25 grand a week. Thats half what he was getting off Bursa.

WWTC

I know no more than anyone else and never said i did , but common sense tells me its never happening .........

The guy is sitting injured and collecting heavy money for it and will eventually sign for whoever gives him the money he's on or more . Not half his wages !

Hope your around in a couple of weeks when its settled ..........

We'll see then. Even if he doesnt sign, you claimed you knew from the begining it would never happen, n thats BS.

I'll still be here in a couple of weeks, will you?

And learn to use the reply function ffs

If we are going for Goodwillie, Verhoek AND Juhasz whilst having £2M in limbo because of Cuellar... it would really make sense to ditch the cuellar deal and add £500k to Verhoek/Goodwillie and £1M to Juhasz... Forget Carlos, 2 centre backs is fine, espec if we keep bougherra

@HungariaFootbal

Tomasz Mortim

Seems like Roland Juhasz might be going to Rangers afterall. If they sign him it'll be the signing of the decade (for the club - obviously).

@TheBelgWaffle

The Belgian Waffle

So Roland Juhasz wants to leave Anderlecht for Rangers. Looks like it's plain sailing for Mr McCoist then.