Whyte would not release funds.

RossRFC1

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/295827-rangers-boss-fails-to-convince-board-to-sanction-signings/

Ally McCoist failed to convince Rangers chairman Craig Whyte to release funds to sanction deadline day additions to his squad, STV understands.

A meeting was held between the pair at Ibrox on Tuesday evening, with McCoist arriving with a copy of the club's injury list to emphasise his need for fresh blood.

Striker Nikica Jelavic has been sold to Everton in a deal worth £5m plus add-ons, representing the loss of a player who has scored 17 goals for the club this season.

McCoist had identified Norwich City striker Grant Holt as a replacement for the Croatian, and earlier in the day had attempted to convince Whyte to table a £2m bid for his number one signing target.

Rangers instead tabled a cut-price officer for the Englishman, which was instantly rebuffed.

McCoist had other possible targets - St Johnstone’s Francisco Sandaza, Rapid Vienna’s Hamdi Salihi and Falkirk’s Kallum Higginbottom.

But the club hierarchy decided not to make a last minute move for any of the trio, with McCoist leaving Ibrox ashen-faced following his unsuccessful meeting.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shambolic and EMBARASSING day for us

Ally might as well chuck it of this is the support he gets from this charlatan

Fuck you whyte, you will be the death of our club

Murray has led us here, but you will finish us off

We were well warned, but no one was interested

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/295827-rangers-boss-fails-to-convince-board-to-sanction-signings/

Ally McCoist failed to convince Rangers chairman Craig Whyte to release funds to sanction deadline day additions to his squad, STV understands.

A meeting was held between the pair at Ibrox on Tuesday evening, with McCoist arriving with a copy of the club's injury list to emphasise his need for fresh blood.

Striker Nikica Jelavic has been sold to Everton in a deal worth £5m plus add-ons, representing the loss of a player who has scored 17 goals for the club this season.

McCoist had identified Norwich City striker Grant Holt as a replacement for the Croatian, and earlier in the day had attempted to convince Whyte to table a £2m bid for his number one signing target.

Rangers instead tabled a cut-price officer for the Englishman, which was instantly rebuffed.

McCoist had other possible targets - St Johnstone’s Francisco Sandaza, Rapid Vienna’s Hamdi Salihi and Falkirk’s Kallum Higginbottom.

But the club hierarchy decided not to make a last minute move for any of the trio, with McCoist leaving Ibrox ashen-faced following his unsuccessful meeting.

What I would like to know is where do these so-called journalists get their stories??

How the hell do they know what was discussed between the chairman and the manager?

Don't believe everything you read by these muppets

WATP.

Super Ally has the job of his dreams. Managing the club he certainly loves, and he is trying his best, doing what he can. Naismith injury - not his fault, Jelavic sale - couldn't have been his choice. He needs the chance to bring in reinforcements, but Mr Whyte would not give it? Very disrespectful. I am ashamed.

I hope Ally has a good think about where he stands. Would not want him to leave, but under Craig Whyte, it might be the best thing to do.

:disappointment:

Given Ally's fuck ups in the summer transfer window, I'd be reluctant to give him funds.

I actually think he will be axed by Whyte by the end of the season. If CW has written this season off, and wants his own man in for the summer, why would you give Ally any funds?

If this is true which I expect it to be I hope Super tells us the truth.

You know something Chris, Ally should maybe have signed a striker during the summer. But thats not here nor there at the moment.

I cant believe this guy is gonae have to sit at a press conference and lie. I seen the look on his face and knew the meeting never went well. I like Ally, i dont know if he is manager material or not but fuck me even Walter would struggle here

Ally face told a story

An eternally optimistic guy looked liked his heart been ripped out

He knows why he is up against and is getting no help from whyte

No wonder whyte is on a plane to heathrow airport

He can fuckin stay there

I doubt he will be seen at any games for a few weeks at least

And if we get beat by Dundee ute at weekend......

Dear oh dear

if every cunt can some how bring youth players to the first team but rangers managers can't, certain questions need to be asked

so its whytes fault that ally fucked up in europe not once but twice, see us drop 12+ points to medicore rubbish, have us knocked out at the first hurdle of league cup, bringing in players with the intention of not playing them, aye thats whytes fault