The Players Who Walked Away: Traitors? Or History Makers?

DarcheVinny

The big argument I have in all this is that Steven Whittaker, a very limited defender who shipped an awfull lot of Important Goals.

Unirea and Malmo ,not to mention plenty in the SPL.

He was given a wedge at Rangers vastly overpaid ,and was the first to leave and the last to take a wage drop.

Naismith at least Paid back his sallary, but even that we nursed him back when we could have sold him on.

They are most certainly Traitors in the way they done it ,and they should have just left and kept their mouths shut.

Another thing I have to take to task in this is the saying that Football is a short career, well so is an Onfantry Soldiers Job patroling in Afghanistan ,and they are paid per annum what a Football Player is paid in a week

.So that one is a bit out of sync with me.

If they do have to quit they are very well compensated indeed.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While i respect their wish not to play in div 3, they could have transferred over and got some money into the club, if the clubs that were after them wanted them badly enough, they would have payed a fee, but they jumped ship at the first chance, probably to get a bigger signing on fee, and while that is their perogative, the fans are entitled to feel betrayed

That part to me negates the thanks I'm expected by some to give them for taking a pay cut,

No Rangers man would have walked, all the good they done in years at the club was undone in one decision, sheer greed, and that alone tells me that they didn't give a rats arse for the rest of us.

These players instructed their agents to find them new clubs during the wage reduction negotiations,and this guff about their financial sacrifice is baloney.To a man they had their transfer fees reduced by bigger numbers than they ever gave up in wages.Who could forget Whittaker`s goal against Sporting,was it 4 or 5 years ago? Who could forget the red cards in vital games,who could forget the defensive howlers against Malmo and Maribor?This is one guy whose opinion of himself is vastly overrated and he will be found out in Norwich.Who could forget Ness`s goal against the mhankies?For me that was the very least he could have done,for the wages he collected while receiving the best of treatment for his endless injuries.McGregor at least left quietly with no references to old/new Rangers,can`t bring myself to dislike him,though he will regret his move to Turkey.Naismith? Don`t get me started.Lafferty?Glad to see the back of him,would`ve liked to recoup some of the ludicrous transfer fee,Owen Coyle suckered us with.They all could see the pressure Ally was dealing with.Did they offer their support when the club needed it most?We all know the answer.WE DON`T DO WALKING AWAY,they did.

I actually read all of that and I wish I didn't now.

For me, they will always remain traitors unless they came back to Rangers later on and said sorry to the fans and scored a shit load of goals.

I'll never forget the way they left, then spouted shite about our great club they all said they loved. Fuck them!!!

As far as I'm concerned the previously mentioned players are not worthy of any more discussion. They walked out on us despite claiming to be 'Rangers men'. Whilst I don't wish them any ill-will, I couldn't give a toss what they do now.

True Rangers men are remembered for their character. I think that says it all.

It's a well written article so kudos for that! (tu)

Naismith's bleating though about being a Rangers fan and it hurt me so etc etc doesn't convince me.

For the reason's you give, I would expect no non-Rangers fan player to stay. It would take absurd loyalty over common sense.

For that, I don't blame Whittaker and his ilk.

For a Rangers fan though, as a player, I expect more.

Naismith walked away when he would still have made a pretty penny here, becoming a legend in the process. A die-hard fan, player or not, wouldn't have done that. Ergo he's not. Ergo he's a liar sadly.

Would I have done the same as him? Thought about it, and no, not in a million years. Money wouldn't help me when I was in a hospice somewhere in the future, reflecting on my life, my morals and my achievements.

I therefore say traitor. And...I cannot say I wish him well for I do not.

At all.

bunch of wankers to me i appreciate the wage cuts etc.. but all i wanted was as most, transfer over and let us get a few quid in as we are (were) on our arse instead of dreaming about that big signing on fee.

I never expected any of em to want to play in D3, for me they are dead and there history at Rangers is the same. 49k at IBROX on saturday thats loyalty them pricks couldnt spell the word.

Naismith a Rangers man ? his PC when he left was a fucking disgrace we aint dead son ask the 32k+ st holders you :wanker: tell the fans that queued all day for tickets for a 3rd division match we are dead you fucking tool.

personally i hate every one of them greedy bastards and i hope they rot nearly as much as id love to never see a bloody thread on here about em again

:wanker:

It's the principle of not transferring over, IMO. Of course, the fact they could have easily got us fees by transferring over is also part of the issue, but the principle itself is something that sticks out for me.

Charles Greens consortium saved our football club from oblivion. These players did a very great thing by agreeing to slash their wages last season, however, the club itself and its history could have died if Green hadn't put up. To me, the players owed Charles Green the respect of *at least* transferring over to the new company. They had paltry release clauses in their contracts it simply would not have been difficult to get a move away had they transferred over.

Call them what you want, but I have no feeling towards these players. Their past exploits for the club are hard to enjoy as much as I used to, because I honestly can't agree with any argument that tries to justify these players walking away from the club in the manner that they did.

It was incredibly poor, IMO. Not only did they do us, the fans, a disservice; they did Ally McCoist a disservice and their teammates. IMO.

I definitely found it interesting to consider this argument today (or else I wouldn't have published the lad's piece!), now that Rangers are on the mend, with new players to join the ones who did stay.

I have just put up a framed signed shirt from last season, before anyone walked away. It will hang cherished in my flat and anywhere I live until my dying day.

I still respect the fact that they all made a decision to help Rangers, when there was no CVA or newco offer in sight. I will always respect and appreciate that, as I will the footballing memories as listed by dougster1989 above.

Would I call them traitors still? I am not the type that holds grudges, so I don't think I could use the word 'traitor'. Leaving Rangers is their loss - albeit not a financial one - not ours - although arguably a financial loss was involved!

They will never play for as great a club and I would guess that some of them will know that.

We have new heroes in the making!

Rightly or wrongly i'm cynical about the wage cuts, we know the money footballers have and it meant they could keep on playing football, lets remember Gregg Wylde left and couldn't get clearance to play for Bolton until this season.

I appreciated the gesture but I never got as dreary eyed about it as some and it certainly doesn't make me feel any better about the walking away.

It's the principle of not transferring over, IMO. Of course, the fact they could have easily got us fees by transferring over is also part of the issue, but the principle itself is something that sticks out for me.

Charles Greens consortium saved our football club from oblivion. These players did a very great thing by agreeing to slash their wages last season, however, the club itself and its history could have died if Green hadn't put up. To me, the players owed Charles Green the respect of *at least* transferring over to the new company. They had paltry release clauses in their contracts it simply would not have been difficult to get a move away had they transferred over.

Call them what you want, but I have no feeling towards these players. Their past exploits for the club are hard to enjoy as much as I used to, because I honestly can't agree with any argument that tries to justify these players walking away from the club in the manner that they did.

It was incredibly poor, IMO. Not only did they do us, the fans, a disservice; they did Ally McCoist a disservice and their teammates. IMO.

Is that you charlie? What a load of pish. Maybe if he bothered to pick up the phone and speak to them, a few of them might have come over. I dont like to bring him up in every thread, but seeing as you mentioned it.

Maybe people should wonder what greens role was in the fiasco. If they all came over and sat on their contracts, could charlie have paid them all? If the same situation was happening at your place of employment and your boss didnt keep you in the loop, what would you do?

It's a shame that they did not transfer over & get the club a fee but at least we won't have them putting in a transfer request during the transfer embargo period as that would weaken the squad when Ally would not be able to do anything about it. Most of them I can understand as they were only here for the money really but when Steven Davis walked I was gutted as I really did think he had blue blood.

Is that you charlie? What a load of pish. Maybe if he bothered to pick up the phone and speak to them, a few of them might have come over. I dont like to bring him up in every thread, but seeing as you mentioned it.

Maybe people should wonder what greens role was in the fiasco. If they all came over and sat on their contracts, could charlie have paid them all? If the same situation was happening at your place of employment and your boss didnt keep you in the loop, what would you do?

I keep reading this and I've yet to see proof that we couldn't have afforded to pay them,and once again it's not Charles Green,he is CEO and has the backing of a consortium.

On the employment issue and comparing it to a normal job,why would you walk away from a wage unless you seriously hated it and had more money than sense?

You couldn't sign on the dole either as you chose to walk out on employment.

Let's face it walking out made them a lovely little earner so spare me the pish that they were worried about anything else other than making a fortune on signing on fees.

I love you posts Darch, but surely this is not up for debate, any sane person can see that they are dirty greedy bastards who could have left as hero's but choose the road paved with gold.

I wish them all career ending Injuries and nothing will ever change my opinion on that. Ness McGregor Fleck and Whit the fuck a ter have all got bad one's hope wee baldy is next

Stop reading my mind ha ha.

Thanks for posting everything I would have said, you did go a little easy on the swear words though ha ha.

I've not really been bothered since the start.

I still like some of them as players, most of them helped bring good times to the club and the memories are no doubt soured a bit but I just don't give a fuck to be annoyed or bitter about it. They moved on, the club has moved on.

Despite the fact you wrote a fekin novel.WHICH I could'nt be arsed reading I got the gist of it and in my opinion each and every one of them are TREACHOROUS Bstards.

Minus Rep me if that floats your boat. I don't care I speak my mind and love my club and I know my club loves me.

I keep reading this and I've yet to see proof that we couldn't have afforded to pay them,and once again it's not Charles Green,he is CEO and has the backing of a consortium.

On the employment issue and comparing it to a normal job,why would you walk away from a wage unless you seriously hated it and had more money than sense?

You couldn't sign on the dole either as you chose to walk out on employment.

Let's face it walking out made them a lovely little earner so spare me the pish that they were worried about anything else other than making a fortune on signing on fees.

Sadly getting proof on the finances of our club are very difficult to come by. I should have said in my opinion we couldnt have paid them if they decided to stay. Do we really need another 8 Edu situations? Players drawing a wage that nobody really wants unless they get them for virtually nothing.

Any normal person in this situation would be offski, if they had another job lined up, with the same or better money. Anyone that says differently is a dreamer. Lets not turn this into another battle about charlie. The thread is about the players (tu)