McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

i agree that there are obstacles. my point is that these really should not matter when we consider where we are. my concern is that people actually think its absolutely fine to be struggling against teams in these divisions (i include the Falkirk game during the week as well). any time i played in league cup games at U21, and a team from a couple of divisions above you turned up, you got horsed generally. imo the gulf between us and the other teams in our league should be greater, since we have not only the facilities, but have the money to pay for the correct staff to train us physically and train us tactically. i am more amazed that people can dismiss this.

No-one is dismissing it but merely pointing out that there are circumstances which severely hinder us. Who thinks that it's absolutely fine?

I find it funny. Most people are highlighting the very real obstacles that are hindering us but the points just get dismissed. Papaguy has done it a few times, effectively disregarding peoples points and labelling them as 'Ally lovers' or something equally silly.

I haven't simply dismissed the problems that have affected us myself, nor would I simply just label those defending him as 'Ally lovers' and ignore the legit points.

But at the same time the signs are there and, like I said, maybe too many people are letting their love for him as a player overcloud their opinions of him as a manager.

If any fault is attached to Ally , it is that he is trusts the players to go and do what they are told and the simple fact is the players are betraying his trust in these games.

Ally cant be responsible when proffesional players let themselves , their manager , their Club and their supporters down because they dont man up against opposition players who are part time.

The pleyers are at fault here , so lets lay off ally.

Unless............

He changes his tactics, philosophy and team selection.

Simply not good enough. He simply has no idea how to alter a game that's going against him.

exactly, and once again people on here hate the fact that ally so far isn't manager material, however i blame walter, ally for the past few years stood on the lines while smith sat in a comfy chair giving ally instructions to relay to the players, he is doing the same things i hated about smith however smith got results from the lads but ally isn't getting the result from his current crop of players.

tactics, playing players out of position are traits of smith, punting long ball after long ball after long bsll was another trait of smith.

I haven't simply dismissed the problems that have affected us myself, nor would I simply just label those defending him as 'Ally lovers' and ignore the legit points.

But at the same time the signs are there and, like I said, maybe too many people are letting their love for him as a player overcloud their opinions of him as a manager.

Maybe people are so desperate to be seen to be separating Ally the legend from Ally the manager that they go overboard criticising while labelling anyone who defends him as an 'Ally lover'.

I'm not talking about you, by the way.

No-one is dismissing it but merely pointing out that there are circumstances which severely hinder us. Who thinks that it's absolutely fine?

I wouldnt say it has been specifically addressed to be honest.

I appreciate your opinion, and your support for Ally - i personally think that after about 15 games or so, we'll have a big lead in the league and hopefully start to chill out and play some exciting football. my concern is why we are playing so poorly against players who should only be able to last a portion of the game against us. we have not tired any of our opponents out away from home.

Maybe people are so desperate to be seen to be separating Ally the legend from Ally the manager that they go overboard criticising while labelling anyone who defends him as an 'Ally lover'.

I'm not talking about you, by the way.

I know you weren't.

I don't think you would ever, ever do that. :h34rt:

I think my dead hamster could obtain management coaching badges. Does anybody ever fail these pathetic courses? You do not need to be a rocket scientist to be a good manager.

*this is not a slight on Ally for the easily offended, just management 'qualifications' in general.

Not sure if this is true as i just passed a very difficult management qualification (how to lift boxes safely)

:21:

Want rid of Super but they can't come up with ONE name to replace him! Stupid fucking thread. Trust in Ally to get us home. There is no one better!

Exactly,bud.

I imagine the queue to dig us out of this mess would be a tad short.

Thank fuck Ally didnt walk!

Were you one of those who criticized Coisty aswell for not scoring enough, back in the day? How'd that work out? Should we have just sold him and moved on?

Unless............

He changes his tactics, philosophy and team selection.

Simply not good enough. He simply has no idea how to alter a game that's going against him.

You're talking pish. I could expand on that, but it's pointless as that's what it boils down to.

Were you one of those who criticized Coisty aswell for not scoring enough, back in the day? How'd that work out? Should we have just sold him and moved on?

I like how you took a part of what I said and asked a completely irrelevant question, answered the question and then asked another daft question as if I've said something completely insane.

But to answer your first one question, no I wasn't.

IMO its comes down to have confidence, In your fellow pros. As I have said many times today am behind ally 100% but something must change. The players must not be scared to give eachother the ball, no matter what position of the park were in. We must be ready to accept mistakes, that what comes by try to play the football we all crave.

i did, i don't know why rm seems to have a problem of not showing all the content of the posts

Got it now mate. Yes, I am in complete agreement. The number 2 stepping up has rarely worked in British football. I was also really surprised that when Ally was appointed, that he did not bring in a fresh face to the management structure. A man as respected/liked as Ally could have attracted a top coach to the club.

Don't we ever learn,,, yeah let's buy more players, always the Rangers way, if it's broke, pump more money in.

No, we must have a foundation of how we play the game starting with the youth up to first team, all play same way, then we can bring in youth as they know the system.

Unfortunately, we will never have that with the staff we have at Ibrox, sorry.

I was really hoping that we would go down the youth development route. However, I fear more duff signings may be to come.

Spl standard players? I presume you mean Black(is it Ally's fault that he was bullied out of the game and spent most of the game on his arse?) Boca(is Ally to blame for his seeming lack of interest and inability to find a Gers player with a pass?)Little( the managers to blame for his non-existant touch and lack of awareness in finding space,is he?)

Not just the boys you mentioned, you forgot about the others? ( I'll leave the young gers out of this) Big Jig, Sandaza, Cribari, Perry... The others that have been brought in too do a job. Did you watch this game and think, fucking Yes Ally, got it spot on. He's not had an ideal time of it, but he's got à fucking belting opportunity to start again, our off days should still be head and shoulders above. Like i say i love Ally, but lets not all sit back and accept this.

We'll win this league i have no doubt, but it's not about this year or the next year, it's, in my eyes, schooling players for the future. I hope Ally is the man to take us forward .

I like how you took a part of what I said and asked a completely irrelevant question, answered the question and then asked another daft question as if I've said something completely insane.

But to answer your first one question, no I wasn't.

Thank you for answering my daft questions with a long drawn out response.

You get my point tho right? People doubted Ally could score goals for Rangers. So he went out and became our Greatest Goal Scorer. Now some people doubt he can manage Rangers.... what do they say about history repeats itself....

Too early to say whether he is or is not up to the job. IMO he should continue to get full backing while he sorts out a team and formation that (1) does the business in this division by winning it, and (2) which is good to watch and being built for future success at the highest levels.

He's had a heap of shit dumped on him since the financial shambles erupted and the near-death we faced. He's had to reconstruct a team, persuade those players that he could to stay, attract affordable players in and learn to work with a new CEO and Chairman. That's a pretty tall order for any manager. In fact I can't think of many managers that Rangers could have persuaded to turn up to take on these challenges. So he needs a bit more time to get it right on the pitch. I'm prepared give him that and to back him to produce a team and a style of football that is highly successful. These are not 'normal' times for Rangers and however the results and performances go, and whatever else the SFA throws at us the club will need every bit of backing we can give it to get back to the top.