McCoist might not be up to this job

papaguy51

last season (near the end) ally shifted jig up front and he bulied cunts, hell he bullied the taigs all game, start of this season he was up top then shunted into the middle where he has once again reverted to the useless type player, and that is ally's fault.

why change something that worked

Not just the boys you mentioned, you forgot about the others? ( I'll leave the young gers out of this) Big Jig, Sandaza, Cribari, Perry... The others that have been brought in too do a job. Did you watch this game and think, fucking Yes Ally, got it spot on. He's not had an ideal time of it, but he's got à fucking belting opportunity to start again, our off days should still be head and shoulders above. Like i say i love Ally, but lets not all sit back and accept this.

We'll win this league i have no doubt, but it's not about this year or the next year, it's, in my eyes, schooling players for the future. I hope Ally is the man to take us forward .

I'll give you McCulloch but Sandaza looks 3rd standard so far(Im sure he will improve),Perry is another young,inexperienced kid and Cribari? How do you know what standard he is? No one had heard of him till last week,

and,on todays showing.........

I'll give you McCulloch but Sandaza looks 3rd standard so far(Im sure he will improve),Perry is another young,inexperienced kid and Cribari? How do you know what standard he is? No one had heard of him till last week,

and,on todays showing.........

I dont know Cribaris standard, but he's not à young inexpérienced kid who could improve with age. Sandaza is à high earner, Allys choice. Ally has brought in these players, giving them spl wages, hopefully spent time scouting them, it'll be different in a months time i have no doubt. My problem lies with the style in which we play.

Of course.

There's nothing wrong with voicing concerns about a manager, his team and tactics, no matter who they are.

He's hardly receiving taig-like abuse.

If it was anyone else in charge it would be considerably worse.

I'm talking about those calling for his head, as per title, I'm disgusted thought RM was better than that, 'we're in this together' is that just bullshit.

As for criticism people need to have a bit of perspective ffs, expectations are ridiculous, 'what's the odds on going unbeaten, we'll score 5 or 6 a game, what complete nonsense, well now it's reality time isn't it. We have been decimated and it's a long road back. Surely people understand the time for judgement is at the earliest the end of the season, playing like Swansea doesn't happen in 4 games, helps if the players know each others names.

Hopefully it will turn around,taking last season into account the signs don't look great but he deserves time to get it right.

How long? Depends on results as any manager will tell you.

If the players aren't following his instructions(long ball) he should take a leaf out of Advocaat's book and threaten to sub anyone that continues to do it.

Just ask Colin Hendry about that one.

McCoist had a harder time at the start of his playing career from The Rangers support than what he's facing today.

He took it, worked away and became the legend we now accept him to be.

I expect nothing less for his managerial career.

Provided he doesn't do too much damage along the way, until we actually start winning matches away from home promotion is not a given.

I dont know Cribaris standard, but he's not à young inexpérienced kid who could improve with age. Sandaza is à high earner, Allys choice. Ally has brought in these players, giving them spl wages, hopefully spent time scouting them, it'll be different in a months time i have no doubt. My problem lies with the style in which we play.

Our style of play has been chronic for quite a while.

We must take this chance to start from the grass roots.

We should be passing these teams to death.

Im backing Ally to get us there with,hopefully ,young Scottish Bluenoses.

The problem goes beyond Ally. totally beyond him; it is a philosophy of how the game should be played that needs to permeate the whole club; does Rangers have one I wonder? Look at the Michael Laudrup interview last week; he would not have taken over that club had they not stood for good football. Bill Struth had a philosophy about football and, more importantly, Rangers; so we can't decry that clubs do stand for something. This needs to come from the very top; we have got to make use of what could be a fine Academy, and the people running Rangers should be employing someone of great calibre who will put in place a way to play the ball. If you watch someone like Sampadoria, Milan, or whatever they play the ball: they take, at most three paces and look to play the ball to a team-mate; pace is used to get into positions, or to beat the final man; why are we constantly ignoring the elementary skills to play football? So, yes, sack McCoist, but then what? This goes a lot deeper, and if anyone really cared about cultivating a culture of good football, then we would be well ahead of where we are now.

Our style of play has been chronic for quite a while.

We must take this chance to start from the grass roots.

We should be passing these teams to death.

Im backing Ally to get us there with,hopefully ,young Scottish Bluenoses.

Totally agree. It was chronic in the SPhell but it shouldn't be now and shouldn't be from this day onwards. If we are poor on the pitch then i blame both the players and the manager, the style in which we play is down to Ally however. Every away game has been pish.... I can accept defeat/points dropped against the run of play. But that hadn't been the case.

Has Ally been poaching young guys, 16-20 year olds from around the UK for our future developement? Im not sure. Its what i'd be doing though.

Were you one of those who criticized Coisty aswell for not scoring enough, back in the day? How'd that work out? Should we have just sold him and moved on?

Good comparison - not! We probably had half a dozen players who chipped in alongside Ally while he was working it out.

We don't half half a dozen managers to do the same - he should have been working it out in his four years as Walter's assistant.

Greg Wylde was misused by us. He would get the ball on the half-way line time and again; he would then be expected to run past two or three players and deliver a cross into the box. But why should it be that way? Why would we not want him to either take the ball further up, not always using his pace, and then at times have him run onto a ball, and beating the final man as well? If you are quick in Scotland, and in much of England also, then you must be a winger. There are far too many players who make in this country by being good at stopping others at playing; sadly, so many of them have been at Rangers over the past while.

The problem goes beyond Ally. totally beyond him; it is a philosophy of how the game should be played that needs to permeate the whole club; does Rangers have one I wonder? Look at the Michael Laudrup interview last week; he would not have taken over that club had they not stood for good football. Bill Struth had a philosophy about football and, more importantly, Rangers; so we can't decry that clubs do stand for something. This needs to come from the very top; we have got to make use of what could be a fine Academy, and the people running Rangers should be employing someone of great calibre who will put in place a way to play the ball. If you watch someone like Sampadoria, Milan, or whatever they play the ball: they take, at most three paces and look to play the ball to a team-mate; pace is used to get into positions, or to beat the final man; why are we constantly ignoring the elementary skills to play football? So, yes, sack McCoist, but then what? This goes a lot deeper, and if anyone really cared about cultivating a culture of good football, then we would be well ahead of where we are now.

The old give and go and let the ball do the work. Running off the ball and the simple pass is the way forward.

The old give and go and let the ball do the work. Running off the ball and the simple pass is the way forward.

A drum I've been banging on for some time.

The best defender in the world is negated if you do a one-two (give and go, etc) and fly past him. You can't tackle someone when they don't have the ball........unless, of course, you're an American linebacker. :sherlock:

I cant believe after a few mediocre performanes the witch hunt is already starting "...get rid of Ally, last week he was a legend, but hes rubbish manager now". I am very surprised and bit sad by this reaction.

Ally has got us through one of the worst times in our history, a few games in is hardly the time to give up on him. He just needs to get rid of a few players causing problems and I think we would do ok.

People forget particularly the media, exactly WHAT Rangers has been through the past 6 months and any other Scottish club would have crumbled, dissapeared to a thing of history. However Rangers have come through all the abuse, the battering, the down right biased media ramblings everyday, put to the third division, paid fines of a bankrupt club, and lose the majority of their first team, but we are here, we are still standing, and if you thought after all that, we were going to come out all that forgotten mentally more than anything, and win every game 10-0, you are mistaken, it will take time, but these teams have been together for a long time, as they said on the tv today, this is the chance for these players to really show off to get a better club etc, they are not going to lie down for us. Give Ally and the team time, we will improve, i support them both no matter what. We are still standing, and its pissing off everyone around us.

It's EXACTLY Ally's heart and emotion for the club that has kept him here, kept him fighting, he didnt need to put up with so much in his first year in management, he could have left, got back on the telly making good money but his love for our club keeps him getting up everyday and fighting for its survival and its future

I wouldn't have anyone else.

i am disgusted tonight with the amount of gers fans on here calling for ally's head. Especially with the people on here who are saying they are embarrassed and are getting slagged by rival fans, if you base your decisions on comments made by ignorant fools then you are no better than them. The man deserves at the very least to have the opertunity to be rangers manager for the next season.He should have the oppertunity to be manager without having to carry the club on his shoulders while doing it. Can only imagine how his family must feel reading these comments after the support, sacrafices and money he has given to this club. Shame on you all, all he has ever asked for is time and personally i dont think a season is to much to ask we owe him far more than that.

WATP

ED, it baffles me that our coaches stick with what we are doing in face of the evidence that it is an inferior form of football.

Something is amiss , if you look at youngsters who come into the team they are always up for the give and go and try to play the ball on the deck............Alan Morton was quoted as saying years ago.......the game is called football the clue is in the foot part and keep it on the deck.

I wonder what Ian Durrants role is re coaching, he made his name for one two style of football. I believe the problem is the first team coaching.

Is Ally not the only man who can change that? He is the boss and he has to tell coaches how he wants his players to play.

The only thing I hate more than taigs are bears that are cunts to Ally after all he's done for rangers :anguish: you question his ability as manager because the players underperform, there's only so much one man can do from the sideline, even if that one man is super ally. I didn't here anyone complaining about him signing shiels, black, sandaza, kyle, cribari, the greek...once they realise they don't have a divine right to win because they are playing for rangers we will start seeing the results we need

Unless............

He changes his tactics, philosophy and team selection.

Simply not good enough. He simply has no idea how to alter a game that's going against him.

Is this the same thread you started after out last draw or another get at McCoist one!

Is this is your idea of support and loyalty!

Do you not even have the patience to give the man a season to see what he can do - he hasn't even got passed this first transfer window, lost so many palyer, has to assimulate so many in - but you are now(at least) twice on his case this season already!

I cant believe after a few mediocre performanes the witch hunt is already starting "...get rid of Ally, last week he was a legend, but hes rubbish manager now". I am very surprised and bit sad by this reaction.

Ally has got us through one of the worst times in our history, a few games in is hardly the time to give up on him. He just needs to get rid of a few players causing problems and I think we would do ok.

People forget particularly the media, exactly WHAT Rangers has been through the past 6 months and any other Scottish club would have crumbled, dissapeared to a thing of history. However Rangers have come through all the abuse, the battering, the down right biased media ramblings everyday, put to the third division, paid fines of a bankrupt club, and lose the majority of their first team, but we are here, we are still standing, and if you thought after all that, we were going to come out all that forgotten mentally more than anything, and win every game 10-0, you are mistaken, it will take time, but these teams have been together for a long time, as they said on the tv today, this is the chance for these players to really show off to get a better club etc, they are not going to lie down for us. Give Ally and the team time, we will improve, i support them both no matter what. We are still standing, and its pissing off everyone around us.

It's EXACTLY Ally's heart and emotion for the club that has kept him here, kept him fighting, he didnt need to put up with so much in his first year in management, he could have left, got back on the telly making good money but his love for our club keeps him getting up everyday and fighting for its survival and its future

I wouldn't have anyone else.

There may come a time where we have to look beyond how he acted during administration etc, not that it should ever be forgotten but lets remember we are a football club.