***The Official Rangers v Alloa Athletic Thread***

Amac9

need a good win after the shambles of last night. Aird should definitely start and i wouldn't mind seeing young Gallacher getting a run out. he's scoring for fun in the reserves at the moment. i expect the team to bounce back with a 3-0 win

I haven't seen Alloa play this season, or any other that I can remember, but from what I've read it seems that Hartley (a rookie Manager) not only had to rebuild a complete squad last season following relegation from Div 2, but then went on to win the 3rd division playing an attacking, passing brand style of football. And playing that style of football, they are now sitting second in Div 2, behind QOTS who, again under a rookie Manager who had to rebuild a squad, are also playing football on the deck and scoring plenty of goals. So despite what I continually read on here from a select group of posters, SFL football doesn't appear to necessarily be a battleground of ploughed fields masquerading as pitches where agricultural, scrappy football is the only way to play.

I fear we could be looking at a similar performance and result as we had against QOTS though I'll be delighted to be proved wrong on Saturday.

why the fuck are we still putting Jig ahead of Little up top?? we're shite at the back, get jig back in midfield to cover defence and he can go forward when possible, it's fucking ludicrous.

Difficult to move a striker who has 10 goals in 11 games.

I can't believe we have went so far back that fans have actually starting picking their first 11's with one man up front. That is horrifically sad.

One man up front doesn't have to be a defensive tactic. If done properly it can make for excellent attacking football.

why the fuck are we still putting Jig ahead of Little up top?? we're shite at the back, get jig back in midfield to cover defence and he can go forward when possible, it's fucking ludicrous.

Jig is our top scorer, and is rotten in midfield.

Three words: Four Four Fuckin 2

Alexander

Hegarty - Perry - Cribari - Wallace

Aird - Hutton - Black - Macleod

McCulloch - Little

Macleod has looked lost every time he has played wide midfield.

If you are sacrificing a central midfielder, then lose the worst performer, Ian Black.

One man up front doesn't have to be a defensive tactic. If done properly it can make for excellent attacking football.

And 2 up can be negative if you leave a massive gap between the midfield and the forwards.