Union Bears statement

dezrfc1

I think a crowd situation is different from a one to one chat - and also who am I to decide he is being 'wrongfully' arrested ?

If you're present at the incident in question and the Police have the wrong end of the stick then of course you can form an opinion that he is being wrongfully arrested.My mate was in cuffs in the back of their car and I talked them around so standing back assuming the Police can never be wrong would have meant a night in the cells for him.

Agreed that It can be misinterpreted in a crowd situation so maybe they felt they were being threatened when this wasn't the case.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely that depends on whether or not you're banging your drum in an acceptable drum-banging location, and whether the police had a justifiable reason for taking his horse over there? Didn't they have foot policemen better suited for operating in the stand? I dunno, just putting that out there.

And max respect to horses too of course :D

Really no excuse for that - whatever the reason the horse was there - it was there.

Not every UB is sound. Some are thugs and are looking to cause trouble nobody can deny this. Some would rather take drugs and drink and make guestures to the police than watch the park.

Most of the group is brilliant and they create an unbelievable atmosphere but it's the few idiots that make the scenes.

........Police were trying to arrest a member of the group. Other supporters defended him from the Police.........chased by mounted police whilst three fire exits were being blocked by police and stewards..........

What a stupid statement to make. Do the UB think they are above the law?, to try and stop an arrest in a crowd situation is just plain daft as well as illegal. UB are very good at putting videos/photos online, what happened this time? Would it not have been better to record what was happening, make complaints there and then, get police officers numbers etc.

As for police horses in the ground, I find that hard to believe. If its true the police must have thought that serious public order was kicking off.

The UB are turning out to be our Green Brigade.

The fact that none of this would of happened had the Police allowed UB to depart the stadium as normal like they intended is massive. Instead, horses in the concourse which is a limited space, potentially a lot of fans and police vans blocking the exits?

What is the need for any of that? Or what was the need? This could all have been totally prevented.

I'm with UB on this one. This policing style has to change otherwise we'll all be banned from Ibrox at the rate it's going.

The Union Bears would today like to reiterate our extreme disappointment at Police behavior at last Tuesday nights match against Annan. In the end, four members of the group were arrested and banned from watching Rangers. Police were trying to arrest a member of the group. Other supporters defended him from the Police. The group plus a lot of supporters within BF1 decided to walk out peacefully to defuse the situation but police officers evoked more trouble in the concourse. Supporters were then struck by police batons and chased by mounted police whilst three fire exits were being blocked by police and stewards.

One member was arrested for banging a drum next to a police horse and another for trying to defend him. Numerous complaints have been sent to the police and the club by the group, and we would like to encourage anyone else who witnessed any police brutality against supporters to also make a complaint.

At our next home match on Wednesday against Clyde, the Union Bears and Section BF1 will hold a silent protest for part of the match against the over policing we experience week in, week out. Rangers supporters are being intimidated, filmed and stopped when travelling to matches for simply supporting our team. We call for RFC to stand up for its supporters, whose loyalty to the club is beyond question and has seen it survive and prosper through one of the toughest years in our 140 year history.

We also call on the entire Rangers support to unite together in support of one another moving forward. Together we are stronger.

Union Bears

No Surrender

I still want to see the cctv from the stadium to see what actually happened. There is still no footage from this which I find strange. I hope this is made available soon before this issue is escalated any further.

If you're present at the incident in question and the Police have the wrong end of the stick then of course you can form an opinion that he is being wrongfully arrested.My mate was in cuffs in the back of their car and I talked them around so standing back assuming the Police can never be wrong would have meant a night in the cells for him.

Agreed that It can be misinterpreted in a crowd situation so maybe they felt they were being threatened when this wasn't the case.

A crowd situation is MUCH different from a one-one type situation - now take the scenario differently - police go to arrest one fan (rightly or wrongly) - no one interferes, situation does not escalate - single fan (depending on what they have done) can plead their case with the police and may just get of with a warning - however many fans remonstrating with the police - situation escalates - fan has no change of getting off andsiituation worsens.

Would a Minutes Applause not be more effective than silence, like we do in the 2nd minute for Sandy?

I agree that the Police have to do their job,and as I do not know what happened on Tuesday as I am in Copland cant'say if the person was wrongfully arrested.

I thought that the reason to have Stewards was to diffuse situations so that the Police did not have to get involved?

Not every UB is sound. Some are thugs and are looking to cause trouble nobody can deny this. Some would rather take drugs and drink and make guestures to the police than watch the park.

Most of the group is brilliant and they create an unbelievable atmosphere but it's the few idiots that make the scenes.

Have you met these ones? or just making assumptions?

It will show how, to be perfectly honest, shite the atmosphere will be when they are not creating their usual noise.

creating the fantastic noise they do does NOT give them carte blanche to decide how they will behave or act or what rules they will follow, nor should it make there section a no-go for the police.

Really no excuse for that - whatever the reason the horse was there - it was there.

Just to get the facts right. From your perspective:

The fans should not try to stop a perceived injustice? Even though they are there, you were not, and they seen or were at the point of offence being committed.

You should never bang a drum near a horse? Establishment and public order horses are specifically trained for that. Horse bands, gunfire, whistles, bombs...

That our fans were at fault? When you were not there and seen nothing. You ask, who are you to pass judgement. I ask you that same question. So at least we agree on one thing.

Edited to fix damned autocorrect

The drum was there first!

I'd need to see footage before I could call it

What came first, horse or drum ?

:7325:

Also if performing a silent protest then please wait until we applaud on two minutes for the Rangers legend that is Mr Sandy Jardine.

Strange that UB held a demonstration against changing the name of our stadium during Charles Green's address to the supporters only for the Police to baton them later.. get intae them Charlie

:7325:

A crowd situation is MUCH different from a one-one type situation - now take the scenario differently - police go to arrest one fan (rightly or wrongly) - no one interferes, situation does not escalate - single fan (depending on what they have done) can plead their case with the police and may just get of with a warning - however many fans remonstrating with the police - situation escalates - fan has no change of getting off andsiituation worsens.

I agree,but is it realistic to expect that to happen?

I think the last thing most people would do in that situation is to sit back and hope the person talks their way out of it.

I can see where the Police are coming from on this as well as a simple tap on their shoulder to plead with them could be deemed as assaulting an officer.

It all depends on how they've tried to prevent their members being arrested.

Facts are. BF1, no away fans there. I have never seen trouble between our own fans inside Ibrox. Conclusion - no need for polis to be there at all. No polis there, nothing happens.

Not the first time police being there has kicked off a situation at the football, wont be the last.

Surely police horses who are supposed to be involved it taming "riots" and the like are trained enough not to cause threat to humans when a loud noise is made? If not, they shouldn't be used as its a clear threat to humans.

The lad who banged the drum was inside the concourse whilst the horse was outside, he had no idea a horse was actually there. Yet thats him banned at Ibrox until his court case outcome due to being arrested.