Anti-Scottish chanting from the stands yesterday

Ricky_

Ironic given that most of the Tartan Army are Rangers fans

I'm not so sure that is true anymore, but given we have the largest fan base in the country then a fair percentage of the Scotland support will be Rangers fans, I fail to see what's ironic about that... If a Rangers supporter or supporter of any other club throws on the kilt , hey you Jimmy hat and follows Scotland across Europe flashing his hairy arse and baws to bemused locals while singing a nursery school song then he becomes an embarrassment IMO

Also lets not forget the number of Gers players who have been abused by the TT over the last few years..

Stick yer Tranny army up yer arse .

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I think it is a pretty shit song as well.

I support the national team but would never class myself as a tartan army member, just a Scotland supporter.

As for Alex salmond, he can go and have a threesome with Regan and Doncaster.

That's inconceivable................ But possible.

I have nothing against the professional players who play for Scotland and would would be happy for Rangers players to achieve what is one of the top honours in their proffesion, for their own sake.

However i do not wish to endorse or support anything else to do with the corrupt organisation that is the SFA at this moment in time.

The SFA can go to fuck, If it all collapsed around them, I wouldn't give a flying fuck, they deserve all they get with Regan in charge. The man is a complete prick and has dragged this country down. Do you know what the really sad thing is, both him and that other idiot Doncaster, will be Watching England in Brazil, most probably out there on the back of the Money they have, "STOLEN" (fucking stolen the thieving bastards) from this club

What is wrong with watching England in Brazil? As someone who has spent many years working in England and found the people pretty decent,I have no problem in hoping they do well. I thought of listing the English guys who played for us with distinction,but realised the list would be too lengthy.Had we been playing in the English leagues,the punishments would have been far less severe than those we have had to endure in our own country.To those who are "embarrased"by songs showing support for England,I say spell xenophobic!

Difficult to feel good about the rest of Scottish Football , after all its done to us over the past year.

Rangers First and Last- thats the way it is from now on.

I tried watching Motherwell v ICT last night on Alba.

Whose coverage of football is much better than bbc Scotland.

Anyway only watched to have a look at Hately and I could only suffer 5 mins.

It was utter shite and the atmosphere was pathetic I kid you not.

Erm, what about the English fans? Are they allowed to chant these songs?

I was born in England however I don't identify myself as English though.

I really don't like this chant, I get it's "just a bit of banter" but surely we are capable of better banter.

I'm not so sure that is true anymore, but given we have the largest fan base in the country then a fair percentage of the Scotland support will be Rangers fans, I fail to see what's ironic about that... If a Rangers supporter or supporter of any other club throws on the kilt , hey you Jimmy hat and follows Scotland across Europe flashing his hairy arse and baws to bemused locals while singing a nursery school song then he becomes an embarrassment IMO

Also lets not forget the number of Gers players who have been abused by the TT over the last few years..

Stick yer Tranny army up yer arse .

I know that when the last membership was opened the SFA stated 51% of members chose Rangers as their club. That was circa Dec 2011/Janaury 2012.

As for the kilt, see you Jimmy Hat and flashing comment, I can only assume one of two things.

1) You haven't been to an away game for a long time/ever - I can't remember the last time I saw a see you Jimmy hat. Most are quite well turned out to be honest. There are always a midnless few in any support - we have our own.

2) You fall for the old 'Rangers players abused story' - The last time this was brought up was for Barry Ferguson when we played away to RoI about 10 years ago - which later transpired came from home fans/tarriers in the crowd.

I was born in England however I don't identify myself as English though.

I really don't like this chant, I get it's "just a bit of banter" but surely we are capable of better banter.

I am sure there are supporters - who don't claim to be religious or identify themselves as belonging to a particular religion - who would claim that these chants are more relevant to Rangers in 2013 than many chants sung by our support?

For example, there are plenty of 'new school' supporters who don't agree with the singing of The Billy Boys, when it pops up.

I must point out, I am neither of the aforementioned.

To conclude, you can't satisfy the fan-political opinion of every supporter, through song/chant selection.

I was also born and raised in England and have only lived in Scotland for 18 months. I have no objection to these chants, even though I prefer Scotland to England as far as footballing loyalties go, through parentage.

Join in with what you agree with and ignore the rest!

I will be watching England in Brazil.

I am sure there are supporters - who don't claim to be religious or identify themselves as belonging to a particular religion - who would claim that these chants are more relevant to Rangers in 2013 than many chants sung by our support?

For example, there are plenty of 'new school' supporters who don't agree with the singing of The Billy Boys, when it pops up.

I must point out, I am neither of the aforementioned.

To conclude, you can't satisfy the fan-political opinion of every supporter, through song/chant selection.

I was also born and raised in England and have only lived in Scotland for 18 months. I have no objection to these chants, even though I prefer Scotland to England as far as footballing loyalties go, through parentage.

Join in with what you agree with and ignore the rest!

I will be watching England in Brazil.

Fair enough.

However I'll be watching all the Brazilian birds in the stands. :D

world-cup-soccer-babes31.jpg

For the people who say that the tartan army is mostly Rangers fans how would yous know this?

From what i've heard the Scotland support was mostly Rangers fans years ago before these wankers called the tartan Army appeared.

Scotland Supports Club provided this.