Fans' View - New kit sponsor and manufacturer

Thommo

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the announcement that Puma will be the new kit manufacturer?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Are you happy with the announcement that Blackthorn will be the new kit sponsor?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Puma- huge worldwide brand, but more importantly, we will be one of their biggest if not their biggest footballing clients. Puma has stores throughout the world and rather than our strips getting lost in a crowd of Barca through Nike or Chelsea for Adidas, we will be able to use puma to gain more exposure globally. Additionally, their designs are extremely smart. As for blackthorns, not too fussed as its a 1 yr deal. However, the logo is sharp and if we have to have a logo on our strips then it might as well be this. It also provides a massive GIRFUY to Lieall who said he wanted septics sponsorship to go it alone blah blah, well I guess not mate!!! Haha

Yes to both.

Happy with Puma. Honestly to me it doesn't matter who makes our kits. As long as its Royal Blue with RFC on it I'm a happy Bear. BlackThorn is a strong brand and it shows we are still a massive pull to any investor/sponsor despite being in the lower leagues of Scottish football. We are on the road to being stronger than we were before and these deals show we are heading in the right direction.

I have nothing to complain about in this regard.

Absolutely spot on.

WATP

Timing of the anouncement of the deals was absolutely perfect.

Good to see people leading us using their heads.

Well done CG...if you think you are winning fans popularity now for standing up for our cause then you are right...if you keep the rest of your promises then when you decide you have taken us back to the top you will leave a hero.

Personally, I don't have an issue with either.

I'm too old to give a fuck about Puma versus Nike versus Adidas versus Umbro, but I don't think Blackthorn is the most aesthetically pleasing sponsor that we could have got. Then again, I thought that with Tennents at first.

I welcome both, regardless.

I'd be a lot happier if we knew the values of each sponsorship.

I am concerned that they are omitted from the various press releases and have not been mentioned even approximately anywhere.

Why the secrecy?

I'd be a lot happier if we knew the values of each sponsorship.

I am concerned that they are omitted from the various press releases and have not been mentioned even approximately anywhere.

Why the secrecy?

Why the concern? Do you honestly think green wouldn't take the best deal we could get? The blackthorn deal is more than the one we signed with tenants and even if it wasn't we have to accept where we are and be happy sponsors are still willing to back us...it's only for one year and we will be in a much stronger position as we ascend the leagues and get back in Europe to attract sponsors.

As for puma, again, do you think green would take a lesser option? They are a top brand with worldwide credibility, whenever the accounts are published I'm sure you will get the figures anyway.

I think realistically we have to be happy with both. The bare facts are we play our football in the the lowest tier of a backwater nation. There's every chance we will do again next year. So to tie down an internationally renowned Shirt manufacturer and a nationally renowned sponsor is something I think we have to be pleased with.

I'm a great believer in...."Try before you buy"....Now as for the strip...YES.....Its a goer for me...and the Cider...well now...im onto my third...and know wot...itsh tasting better an beter..not two tangy...an pure dead brilaunt wae ma chinese...so...Charles...step up an play...your ma man...cheers... :beer1: Gonnie enjoy the party the day....C'MON YOU GERS.... :cheers::21:

PS....Yer ok....I'm no drivin... :D