Fans' View - New kit sponsor and manufacturer

Thommo

411 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the announcement that Puma will be the new kit manufacturer?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Are you happy with the announcement that Blackthorn will be the new kit sponsor?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

With the announcement that Blackthorn will be our new kit sponsor and Puma the new manufacturer, we have decided to do a Fans' view article which is a collection of fans' opinions from The Bears' Den and twitter on recent news/issues surrounding the club.

So if you could complete the poll and answer the following questions (with a decent justification for your answers) that would be great. :)

Are you happy with Puma being the new kit manufacturer? Why / why not?

Are you happy with Blackthorn being the new sponsor? Why / why not?

Cheers!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and I dont see how anyone could put anything else. Puma are a massive brand who are developing their Football merchandise department and we will help raise their profile in football. They have Aguero, Toure, Fabregas and Falcao all signed up and they are trying to catch up with Adidas and Nike. Puma is a quality brand and the standard of their clothing is very high.

The sponsor is only for one year...It gives us a decent sponsor at a time when we are in the bottom division and no set league to play in next year. As we progress we will be more attractive to "bigger" sponsors. Its complete snobbery for anyone to be unhappy with either to be honest.

I would have preferred adidas, but puma will do.

As to blackthorn, I read on here this morning that it is made by same people who make magners. I drink stella and never tasted either ciders, but if it is same brewer as magners, it puts us back in bed with the east end scum and I want fuck all to do with those kiddie fiddling bastards.

Go it alone, we are big enough and powerful enough to have nothing to do with those scum bawbags

Yes and I dont see how anyone could put anything else. Puma are a massive brand who are developing their Football merchandise department and we will help raise their profile in football. They have Aguero, Toure, Fabregas and Falcao all signed up and they are trying to catch up with Adidas and Nike. Puma is a quality brand and the standard of their clothing is very high.

The sponsor is only for one year...It gives us a decent sponsor at a time when we are in the bottom division and no set league to play in next year. As we progress we will be more attractive to "bigger" sponsors. Its complete snobbery for anyone to be unhappy with either to be honest.

Was going to write a reply but now I don't have to. Spot on scarev :crabflute:

Delighted with puma as they seem to be getting better and better with their strips, some this year are cracking. Gets us good exposure, better than umbro anyway, and hopefully with the sports direct tie up, gets tops more available.

I'm happy with blackthorn because, quite simply Charles green must be happy with the offer from them. That will do me :D

Hard to tell currently, Althought for Puma the financial aspect is important so is the design of the strip, we won't know until we see it.

Blackthorn is purely comercial, I don't know what the deal was but hopefully they got us a good one.

What ever the deal was I reckon it'll probably work well for Blackthorn, they aren't the biggest brand in the world, I wouldn't expect another McEwan's down fall I only expect their association with us to work well for them.

I'm undecided on both counts until I have an idea of the income to be generated from these deals.

Well it's on improved terms to the tenants deal according to the press conference but at the end of the day....Charles green is the only one who should be interested in the income...do you honestly think he or the board wouldn't take the best deal in the table?

Puma have history in football, good enough for Cruyff anyway. Think we could see a cracking Rangers strip next season and not what we expect.

As fit Blackthorn they must have stumped up the cash but would have liked to move away from alcohol sponsors.

Yes to both.

Happy with Puma. Honestly to me it doesn't matter who makes our kits. As long as its Royal Blue with RFC on it I'm a happy Bear. BlackThorn is a strong brand and it shows we are still a massive pull to any investor/sponsor despite being in the lower leagues of Scottish football. We are on the road to being stronger than we were before and these deals show we are heading in the right direction.

I have nothing to complain about in this regard.