Ian Black

McBoyd

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started the season fairly well, but has begun to disappear in games.

Signed as a 'tough guy' for Division 3, no other reason. He's not even good at that.

Should be moved on next year IMO, not Rangers standard.

It's disapointing because I thought Black would be a good player for us in the lower leagues, the only defense i have of him is he is hampered by the fact that he gets booked for pretty much everything ( some of it very unfairly IMO) and is always walking a tightrope.

Overall I feel he just slows the pace of the game down a wee bit too much, almost everything decent I have seen from us this season has been through fast paced quick passing moves, and he breaks it up too much in my opinion.

I am pretty disapointed with most of the SPL signings. Templeton has been very good in spells, but really could do with upping his consistency. Sheils has done some good stuff, but I thought he would stroll it in SFL3, and both Kyle and Sandaza have been below par.

The younger players are showing these guys up most weeks, they seem hungry while the more senior players seem to be just coasting.

Another thing that I've noticed .When he was a Jambo he did seem to play up to Hearts fans in a popular way .I can't really ever remember him ingratiating himself to ours ,Infact in the 1st Clyde game away he was quite the opposite .I don't have anything personal against him but I want our central midfield to be more influential than Black and Hutton were today by a Country mile .If Black wants to have a future at our club I would suggest he works a little harder to get fans onside but I've a feeling this wouldn't be on his mind ever

He didn't boss that game at Ibrox last year. In both games we were close to 60% possession and the match they won 2-1 all he did was score that wonder goal. 58% possession and their keeper made some excellent saves.

He was the best player on the park easily, a guy sitting next to me nearly got clumped for praising him, "thats the type of player we need" most of us around sort of agreed but not so vocally, he did plenty that game, and next to nothing for us since joining.

Stats mean fuck all, 1-2 was the one that hurt.

And he's a Red card waiting to happen every week.

Agreed mate. Ref was very lenient towards him today. Could easily have walked after being booked. Nae brain at all. Somebody should tell him we are shooting the opposite way and we might just see a forward pass.

I know McCoist was always going to have to cobble a team/squad together because of the circumstances surrounding our licence, etc, etc but Shiels, Sandaza & Black had been talked about as potential signing targets long before we knew where we would be playing. These guys were basically "long term" targets so there is no excuse for them not working out.

Shiels, Black, Sandaza and to an extent Templeton were all decent to good SPL players because their managers at their respective clubs played to their strengths and knew what role they wanted them to play within the team and I just can't believe that four players who all showed good form (even if they are/were slightly overated) last year don't suddenly become terrible players, especially when they are dropping down three levels.

I don't think these guys are entirely blameless for their poor form, but I do think a large part of their poor form is down to them being poorly managed/coached by their manager.

I think this is the best point being made here. Shiels, Black and Sandaza have all been woeful for us, and they are not bad players, certainly not as bad as they appear to have been for us. So you have to ask why they are playing so badly for us?

I was firmly in the pro Ally camp but I am starting to waiver now. I am now moving towards the "Ally is a legend and we should never forget what he has done for us but he is not the man for the managers job" camp..... thats a big title for a camp.

At this stage of the season, with plenty time to drill the players, to form a team, to get them doing what he wants them to be doing and with plenty of training, that we can lose to Annan Athletic at Ibrox is actually unbelievable.

Big Jig is right about one thing, there is absolutely no excuse and who, if not Ally, can be held accountable?

I watched him for Hearts last season and actually thought he was a decent SPL player, he's signed for us though and has looked utter shite since.

He seems like nothing more than a ned stealing wages off us.

There's a post on here from the time when Black was coming back from injury this season. The poster said he met Black in a nightclub and Black was out his face on coke. Black said "it's ok, "only some light running tomorrow" or some shite like that. This apparently is a professional athlete.

There's a post on here from the time when Black was coming back from injury this season. The poster said he met Black in a nightclub and Black was out his face on coke. Black said "it's ok, "only some light running tomorrow" or some shite like that. This apparently is a professional athlete.

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised. He gives off a certain "I'll do what I fucking want" attitude. Never Rangers material.

I thought he started off woefully, then progressed to not being interested whatsoever then he was weofully uninterested. He played better for 2 games but was still abysmal. He constantly stands over almost every single freekick yet I think only 2 decent things have became of his attempts. I'm yet to see what he offers or brings to our team.

I watched him for Hearts last season and actually thought he was a decent SPL player, he's signed for us though and has looked utter shite since.

He seems like nothing more than a ned stealing wages off us.

Ally has done that to numerous players. Look what he done to Walters double winning team. He has a horrible habit of making decent to good players look utterly inept.