Quote from the BBC website regarding Dunfermline's current 'issues':

After addressing fans at the packed meeting on Monday night, he told BBC Scotland: "The gesture from Raith Rovers for Saturday is that, for every supporter over 2,000 in the Dunfermline away end, they will donate that money to Dunfermline Athletic Football Club."

A statement on the Stark's Park club's website said: "Dunfermline Athletic are, and hopefully always will be, our fiercest sporting rivals…. but they are also our friends, and we would like to offer our friends a helping hand in their hour of need."

WHERE WERE OUR GREATEST RIVALS WHEN WE WERE DOWN?? HAVING A GOOD FUCKING KICK, THAT'S WHERE. In the name of sporting integrity of course.

The only friends we had willing to help were Linfield.

Celtic should be ashamed of their actions and them (along with the rest of the SPL - although they were the worst) have been shown up by this gesture by Raith Rovers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21750604

Posted in GF earlier.......Funny how turnball Hutton...so outspoken against us is willing to aid Dunfermline....are they not cheats? Are they not paying for players they can't afford? Are they not depriving school kids of books and the army of resources? Surely if they owe money to HMRC then they are just as bad as big bad rangers? Or do these morals and rules only count when it's a chance to attack us?

If they gave us money we'd never hear the end of it. We'd forever be in debt to them.

It's a lot different at our end of the table. We always had the resources & assets to pull through, the fan base to fund growth but Dunfermline don't. They need all the help they can get.

You only have to look at two former European champions and two of the biggest clubs in German football a few years back. Dortmund were in dire financial difficulties, on the verge of total collapse. Did the leagues and other clubs kick them when they were down? No, one of their biggest rivals in Bayern Munich even loaned them money to pay their players. The hatred of our club knows no bounds. It cost Bayern a few trophies aswell if they had just turned a blind eye to Dortmund.

Thats a grand gesture from Raith. Ive been going to Ibrox for 4 decades and in that time been a firm supporter of the Scottish game but its stories like this that re enforces my sheer hatred for Scottish Football nowadays and i will take this to my grave. Nothing must be forgotten and no one forgiven.

I don't think it's money we needed from anyone, least of all septic greenbacks.

No, I just wish we weren't so enthusistically attacked by almost everyone in the Scottish game and that septics place men were in charge to see it all through.

I feel a great deal richer today knowing that their plans didn't work.

We still have a team, unfortunately it's not doing the greatest at the moment, but we have survived.

Aye well done Hutton ya sleekit two faced fuckwit.That's his way of trying to get a crowd of 2,000 at Starks Park.I'll be taking an interest of what the actual attendance is to see if his "goodwill gesture" aids the Raith coffers.

Good to see, but ultimately a clever marketing ploy nonetheless. Would be interesting to know the last time Dunfermline took more than 2000 away fans to that game.

Anyway of they take more than 2000 fans its a win win, they get the cash and Raith get the extra from food, etc.

Its the same for everything in Scotland one rule for us and different for everyone else.

Wouldn't it be nice for the media to highlight the difference in our treatment against that of Dunfermline?

Oh no wait must have been dreaming for a second.