McCoist - Just what we needed

Blue Forever

ALLY MCCOIST was thrilled to see his side get back to winning ways with a battling performance against Elgin City at Borough Briggs.

Lee McCulloch’s well-taken penalty kick on 70 minutes secured three points which takes Rangers one step closer to winning the Scottish Third Division.

Today, however, McCoist was simply delighted to see his players rewarded for their graft against the Black and Whites, especially after the 2-1 defeat to Annan Athletic at Ibrox in their previous game.

He said: “I thought it was a really hard-fought game as we expected it to be but we deserved the three points.

The performance was just what was required after the disappointment of last weekend.

“I can’t remember Neilly having too much to do and we had a couple of really good chances in the first 15 minutes in particular.

“So I’m delighted with the three points and I thought it was a penalty having seen it again.

“Lee (Wallace) makes a great run into the box and was brought down and the referee was well placed to make the decision. Jig then finished it well from the spot. So it was a really good result today.

“This season has been a bumpy ride but we’ve now given ourselves an incredible chance to win the league and hopefully we can get that job done as soon as possible.

“All we ask for is for an opportunity to prepare for next season a hundred times better than we did for this season.”

:ohmy:

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He honestly doesn't deserve to continue on if he genuinely thinks today was a decent performance. What match was he watching? Everton v Man City? Because it certainly couldn't have been that turgid shite we sat through.

For fuck sake!!! This is an absolute joke! If ally thinks that performance is acceptable then he is robbing us as fans....in sorry but what chance have we got when the manager thinks that performance was even close to being "just what was required"...

I'm seriously considering weather or not to renew my season ticket if ally is going to stay and continue to play football in this manner!

He's correct, was just what we required. Good 3points.

The result was "just what was required" yes...however the performance was atrocious and if ally is telling his players that's acceptable and he's happy with that today then it's becoming clearer where our problems lie!