Back Page of The Sun - Gers £22m Is Gone

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying it's correct or justified, but if it's true I think it can be explained ;

500k to pay off Goian

500k to pay off Bocanegra

2million for Ed House

1million for Albion car park

However much it was in outlay to bring the security in house

However much it was in outlay to bring catering in house

1million on WiFi installed in stadium

A guess 1million for the new screens?

Stockbridge 200k bonus

Mather 300k bonus

Green 300k pay-off

5million in footballing debts

200k for Green and Whyte investigation

That's around 12 million right there (possibly 13 depending on how much it cost to bring security and catering in house by cancelling the existing contracts) that's before you even get started on the months we were losing 1million per month for other costs which have now been cut.

According to reports we've 40 grand a week off the wage bill alone from Alexander, Goian and Bocanegra - so maybe next set of accounts will read promising with all that in mind? plus we have got Puma money to get

You also need to remember that there was something like 10 million in start-up costs after Green's initial 5.5 million purchase. To help with these start-up costs I'm sure people such as Ahmed and others put up their money and got paid back (with generous interest apparently) so you need to take that into account of the 22million share money.

I've not bothered mentioning staff and player wages as the season book money would offset the 300k a year for Mather, 200k a year for Stockbridge, the 15 grand a week for Wallace and Jig and the 1.75 million a year for McCoist, Durrant and McDowell.

Maybe there's a lot above I've got wrong?

I just think when we see the books we will be informed and minds put at rest a bit and realise that predictions and incomes when it comes to revenue will be quite encouraging.

That's all fine and well but to keep being sustainable we surely need to dramatically cut costs?

J 10 million won't see us through. We're gonae need fresh investment and you'd need to be a fucking loony to invest in this shambling regime

I know we need fresh investment but 10 million in the bank is still a healthy chunk of change to have... especially as we have trimmed the wage bill, have Puma money still to get, possible stadium sponsor, TV money, sponsorship cash and match day revenue.

I'm just saying that when we finally see the books most of that 22 million will easily be explained away as drastic as it sounds .... we've done a lot behind the scenes good and bad

You can't write this off as paper talk when you hear the figures that were banded around on Thursday.

'I don't know how much of the IPO cash is left'

Aye, my hole ya specky wee ride.

Fuck waiting on the accounts, we need a breakdown of where it's went.

D'art has been calling for the club to come out and lay it all on the line. We're not going to get that and I'm absolutely fucking gutted for the guys who have again stumped up the 3 and 400 quids to keep this club afloat. Lied to and shat on once again.

I can dismiss some as paper talk when one paper runs a pathetic report. When all start reporting the exact same thing it's usually true.

I know we need fresh investment but 10 million in the bank is still a healthy chunk of change to have... especially as we have trimmed the wage bill, have Puma money still to get, possible stadium sponsor, TV money, sponsorship cash and match day revenue.

I'm just saying that when we finally see the books most of that 22 million will easily be explained away as drastic as it sounds .... we've done a lot behind the scenes good and bad

J I don't know what our monthly bills on but I don't believe they are less than 1 million per month (I hope I'm wrong) but even 12 million would not see us through.

Again I will say the purchase of ED house and Albion car park should have been put on hold until we were in a strong financial position. We may have no debt but it looks like we're going to run out of money