Flares

Ace

Posting them doing a pyro display has nothing to do with what their fans are like in terms of being violent etc, i'm just saying in terms of spectacle and atmosphere. Ibrox is a joke and i wish Scotland had gone european instead of continue the latch onto England and the "british" way, then again i wish Scotland would do that in general outside sport aswell. Just policing though i guess and those in charge make it impossible for even the whole stadium to stand, i remember getting told at the Rangers Valencia game to sit down by a steward about a few minutes after the Edu goal. A european night at ibrox and you are being told to sit in a seat :anguish:

Very strange that some bears want the scope of being a Rangers fan to be different to what it has been and what it is.

I can fully understand why fans would want standing brought back, as that is how other father's before us watched, but to wish for Ibrox to become an Greek or Turkish hell hole?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All for the banners etc but the bog roll and flares just bring the polis attention ur always greeting about.

Don't give plod an excuse to target you.

Give us colour, give us noise but leave the pyros at home

The bog roll just disrupts the game and with us playing attractive attacking football at long last the last things supporters want is the game stopping every 2 minutes.

Just my view

When the game stops fans still support the team.

Should we stop throw ins, Stop goal kicks, Stop corners, Stop freekicks & Stop tackling incase anyone gets injured so the game does not get stopped?

Fans are there to watch the game and have fun.

They have no right to be stopping the game for any reason.

Very strange that some bears want the scope of being a Rangers fan to be different to what it has been and what it is.

I can fully understand why fans would want standing brought back, as that is how other father's before us watched, but to wish for Ibrox to become an Greek or Turkish hell hole?

The Turks are not that much different from us, They do those gay card displays you's guys love although slightly better at it than us as they are a bit more creative and atmosphere wise they are more passionate and not scared to sing, Also if you told those guys that they were not allowed to sing a song like the Billy Boys do you think they'd just take it and surrender the song? Our fans used to have balls...Whats happened? Noo they wont sing at Ibrox and are scared of smoke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_G1j9UEYgQ

Why don't you grow up. It has nothing to do with "manning up". The smoke grenades are a damn nuisance but more to the point, they are illegal. They add nothing to the atmosphere except a choking feeling in your lungs and throat if you happen to be near one of the half-wits who set them off. What will it take for people like you to understand? Club fine or points deduction?

The Turks are not that much different from us, They do those gay card displays you's guys love although slightly better at it than us as they are a bit more creative and atmosphere wise they are more passionate and not scared to sing, Also if you told those guys that they were not allowed to sing a song like the Billy Boys do you think they'd just take it and surrender the song? Our fans used to have balls...Whats happened? Noo they wont sing at Ibrox and are scared of smoke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_G1j9UEYgQ

The Turkish FA banned flares last season, due to safety concerns.

How about any mother or father that takes their child to Ibrox, read the following article and consider if it is safe to have flares are football? That poor lad just went to watch his football team play football.

http://www.dailymail...rown-crowd.html

Bolivian police opened an investigation on Thursday into the death of a 14-year-old boy from a flare allegedly launched by Corinthians fans during a South American Libertadores Cup match in Oruro.

They arrested at least 12 fans of title holders Corinthians of Brazil after Wednesday night’s match against home side San Jose and will be interrogating them to try to identify who set off the flare that hit the boy in the eye, killing him almost instantly.

'I would exchange my world title for the boy’s life,' said a visibly upset coach Tite of club world champions Corinthians.

article-2282468-18295765000005DC-253_634x444.jpg

Fire: Fans of Bolivian outfit San Jose FC light fireworks before their Copa Libertadores qualifying against

article-2282468-18299DE7000005DC-336_634x395.jpg

Armed: Police officers stand next to Corinthians fans during the match

Local media said the remains of the flare did not correspond to the kind seen in Bolivia where football hooligans or demonstrators use carton fireworks with no plastic parts, suggesting it may have been brought into the country.

South American football body Conmebol, whose headquarters are in Paraguay’s capital Asuncion, told Reuters they were awaiting their match delegate’s report before making a statement on the incident.

According to Conmebol’s competition rules Corinthians could be kicked out of the present or a future tournament if it is confirmed some of their fans were responsible for the boy’s death.

Despite the incident occurring early, the match was completed with San Jose and Corinthians drawing 1-1 at the Jesus Bermudez stadium in Oruro, a mining city 3,700 metres above sea level, in their Group Five debut.

article-2282468-182E84F1000005DC-374_634x373.jpg

Outrage: Bolivian police lead away the men suspected of throwing the flare

article-2282468-182E8D4F000005DC-158_634x403.jpg

The boy was identified as Kevin Beltran, a San Jose supporter, and angry Bolivians in the crowd shouted 'murderers' at the Corinthian fans, Brazil’s Globo said on its sports website.

It was not the first death from a flare at a football match with at least two at previous incidents in Barcelona and Buenos Aires.

Guillem Lazaro, a 13-year-old Spanish boy, was killed in March 1992 by a flare that hit him in the chest at Espanyol’s old Sarria stadium in Barcelona on his first visit to a football match.

Corinthians have been ordered to play all future home matches in the Copa Libertadores behind closed doors following the tragedy.

The ban will remain in place until the South American football federation make a final ruling on the matter.

Fans of the World Club Cup winners will be denied admission to next Wednesday’s home tie against Colombian side Millonarios and subsequent home matches against Tijuana and San Jose.

article-2282468-1829897A000005DC-60_634x425.jpg

Oblivious: San Jose's Carlos Saucedo celebrates after scoring

article-2282468-18299688000005DC-706_634x401.jpg

Trouble: San Jose fans themselves were guilty of using flares throughout the match too

83,500 fans were hoping to attend the three games in Sao Paulo’s Pacaembu stadium.

According to local reports, 12 supporters have also been charged with homicide after events at San Jose’s Jesus Bermudez stadium.

In August 1983, Argentine Racing Club fan Roberto Basile, who was 26, was hit in the throat and killed by a flare shot horizontally the length of the pitch at Boca Juniors’ La Bombonera.

Boca fans launched three flares from the home terraces behind one of the goals at the same time. One landed on the pitch, another flew out of the stadium and the third hit Basile on the visiting fans’ terraces.

Fans regularly take flares into matches in South America, past lax security checks.

article-2282468-18297267000005DC-759_634x416.jpg

Stalemate: The match ended 1-1 between the two sides

article-2282468-182E9D64000005DC-234_634x418.jpg

Epidemic: Borussia Monchengladbach fans were using flares in their game with Lazio

Doughnut indeed,

Somebody should tell him the ref stops time when it happens, Although he claims throwing til/toilet paper on the field is giving the opposition "a real tactical advantage" WTF Doughnut indeed.

You honestly don't?

No doubt you know better than pretty much every football and manager on earth who have all been known to use time wasting tactics to gain an advantage?

Could you do us all a favour and start supporting celtic?

Celtic fans did not invent flares at the football, Fucking clueless!!!

Here's an idea..........maybe worth thinking about.

How about being original, and not copying what people on the continent do?

The British are leaders, trendsetters if you will.........not poor imitations of others.

Can we get some in focus pics so the polis' can hand out banning orders?

The pyro looks pish IMO but I hope you're banned for that comment. That's fucking rangers fans in there and you want the coppers to deal with them?

Scumbag of the highest order

Can we get some in focus pics so the polis' can hand out banning orders?

I will not go in as hard as others, but that is a ridiculous comment to make!

I for one do not want flares at Rangers games, but I think self policing is far better than having fellow bears banned for silly actions. A slap across the face is far better than having them lifted.

I will not go in as hard as others, but that is a ridiculous comment to make!

I for one do not want flares at Rangers games, but I think self policing is far better than having fellow bears banned for silly actions. A slap across the face is far better than having them lifted.

That could get interesting, watching the RM police trying to slap the Union Bears.

That could get interesting, watching the RM police trying to slap the Union Bears.

It could or the UB could be slapped in the face by Rangers with a 3 game suspension. Self policing is not just about fans, the club should hold some responsibility.

It could or the UB could be slapped in the face by Rangers with a 3 game suspension. Self policing is not just about fans, the club should hold some responsibility.

these are mainly away grounds, and a bit of smoke and bog roll is harmless tbh, a bit of fun, no hram done :7325::party:

these are mainly away grounds, and a bit of smoke and bog roll is harmless tbh, a bit of fun, no hram done :7325::party:

So much so that Twitter was full of complaints with the Police disturbing the view at Airdrie? Do a wee dance all you want but genuine fans felt that their view was limited due to the UB's being monitored by Police and that for me is ridiculous.

So much so that Twitter was full of complaints with the Police disturbing the view at Airdrie? Do a wee dance all you want but genuine fans felt that their view was limited due to the UB's being monitored by Police and that for me is ridiculous.

so you saying that rangers fans on twitter were complaining to who?