Glen Gibbons in the Scotsman lampooning Ally McCoist

nvager

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Perhaps most seriously of all, McCoist declared himself “appalled” by the arson attack on the bus depot which housed Rangers’ new luxury coach, clearly implying that it had been carried out by rival football fans."

That bit is absolutely staggering. How on earth does being appalled about an arson attack imply that he thought it was carried out by rival football fans? A disgusting and wholly inaccurate statement

and why was a journo asking Ally about thd fire in first place?

It is clearly a personal attack on Coisty and thus also on Rangers, I hope they have spotted this and are reviewing the article as it seams to me the Ranger's lawyers are going to be getting busy and earning their wages.

Well let's hope so and this be the start of many more legal actions to come. They are twisting our every word and demonising all that we do. They'll be having us up for war crimes next. These cunts are relentless and not without good effect. It has to be stopped now!

Hasn't this fud taken everything out of context? The first thoughts of everyone regarding the bus that it was rival fans, I'm sure that's what plod thought themselves, so it's hardly surprising that Ally made a comment with that in mind

I'd like too see his wee book of quotes from TLB he could write a book never mind a shitty commetary

Ally Mccoist gets cained on here if we lose. So it's no surprise if others criticise him. Truth is Ally needs to win the Scottish cup to prove his doubters wrong in the media.

Ally has to win the league and the Ramsden Cup - a good run in the Scottish would be a bonus.

Ally Mccoist gets cained on here if we lose. So it's no surprise if others criticise him. Truth is Ally needs to win the Scottish cup to prove his doubters wrong in the media.

I think that's neither here nor there frankly when idiots like this guy are making baseless accusations about Ally's feelings on arson. Can win all he wants, some folk simply want to attack him in a very personal manner

So Ally has his targets for the season set by a no mark from the Scotsman now? Last time I checked it was Ally's job to get the results that make Rangers supporters happy not fucking rabid journalists.

Not to bring it back to 'them' but its pathetic that some are so keen to go after Ally. He's knocked in this for things he's said, yet he's had arguably the most mental job that's ever existed in Scottish football. Whereas you get Neil Lennon, fucking coastin it in his and nobody wants to say a bad word against him. He went mental at folk for having the temerity to suggest that his side getting beat by a shite Kazak team was a poor result, yet where's the articles mocking Lennon for losing the rag, for talking shit? Think some are too afraid to go after him in case he plays his wee religion card.

Not to bring it back to 'them' but its pathetic that some are so keen to go after Ally. He's knocked in this for things he's said, yet he's had arguably the most mental job that's ever existed in Scottish football. Whereas you get Neil Lennon, fucking coastin it in his and nobody wants to say a bad word against him. He went mental at folk for having the temerity to suggest that his side getting beat by a shite Kazak team was a poor result, yet where's the articles mocking Lennon for losing the rag, for talking shit? Think some are too afraid to go after him in case he plays his wee religion card.

Agreed

Yes but who are we? Anonymous fans (not all anonymous and probably not all fans) who post on an Internet forum about our club, offering in some cases our very uneducated and extreme opinions.

Gibbons is a paid journalist lowering himself to something you would see written online. He is pandering to the lowest common denominator of the public with Pish like this and some on here have driven massive holes through his "argument/opinion/spite" to show exactly the type of character he is!

I wonder what brought this on?

Nothing brought it on. He was always a hater of our club, long before it became de rigueur for all tawdry hacks.

He found flaws in Advocaat, McLeish, Le Guen, Smith and now McCoist, but strangely none in O'Neill, Strachan or Lennon, all of whom are considered by him to be balanced, rational purveyors of wisdom who never say anything untoward.

Here, he makes several false accusations about what Ally knew, whilst distorting the meaning of McCoist's words.

He's a very bigoted, shitey gibbon and one of the baddies. The only surprise is that he hasn't been more outspoken recently, given his decades long diatribe against our club.

Lets be honest if stuff like this werent reproduced on fan sites it would be read by 15 egg chasers and a shepherds flock given the Hootsmons dwindling readership. The Funky Gibbons is just going through the motions of a man watching his career ebbing away in front of him and trying desperately to maintain relevance by appealing to biggots and racists.

Strange how it took 5 pages to work out this hack is a self serving arse who systematically denigrates our Club while lauding everything from the darkside, the eye opener is the people on here who agree with him on some of his points.

Perhaps most seriously of all, McCoist declared himself “appalled” by the arson attack on the bus depot which housed Rangers’ new luxury coach, clearly implying that it had been carried out by rival football fans. The subsequent police investigation disclosed that the crime was not related to football.

I dunno which part of being "appalled" by an arson attack means that he thought it was carried out by rival fans????

This if anything shows just how bitter the author really is.

Anyway I was so appalled by this article I implied it was written by yet another bitter obsessed bigot tim journo.

Oh hold on a mo....!!