European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

Soulboy - "I'm keeping an eye on a few FOI requests. One came back this week after someone asked if there were any gcc employees attended the uefa cup final as guests of celtic but they said they don't hold hospitality info for this long. Might have thrown up a few names but we'll never know now."

That's interesting as any freebies to the GCC could be viewed as possible inducements depending on who thy were from a what business the had been engaging in with the GCC. Only about a month ago it was revealed that members of East Ayrshire Council had receive freebie to Seville and Manchester to watch c****c from mining companies who have now gone bust leaving the tax payers to fork out for the clean up costs. Obviously there had to be records that revealed this so it would be interesting to know hat the legal length of time these records have to be maintained by council in Scotland.

I can assure you the vast majority of councillors had tickets for Seville and only a handful were in The Chambers that week who either had no interest in football or supported Rangers. My wifes relation has worked closely with them for 30yrs. He explained to me that tickets were being handed out freely within The Chambers on the weeks before the final . Also another fact that sickened me was baron Reid of Cardowan received incredibly 24 tickets for our Uefa final in '08. This information is factual. Cheers.

I can assure you the vast majority of councillors had tickets for Seville and only a handful were in The Chambers that week who either had no interest in football or supported Rangers. My wifes relation has worked closely with them for 30yrs. He explained to me that tickets were being handed out freely within The Chambers on the weeks before the final . Also another fact that sickened me was baron Reid of Cardowan received incredibly 24 tickets for our Uefa final in '08. This information is factual. Cheers.

Yes....Martin Bain helped him out on that. Whilst life long supporters fans (including a family member) paid several hundred pounds for a ticket. Everyone is equal , but some are just more equal than others!

They are getting all this work done for them, are we even getting anything?

Only one club benefitting from these shiter commonwealth games

I think the tarmac on the path as you come from Copland Road near the subway looks like it's had a bit of tarting up!

It's still rough as F**k though!

I see they have knocked down the school and are getting the front of the piggery landscaped for them

Fuckin disgusting GCC bastards

This. Noticed it when I was out a run the other week. That school was a listed building and those corrupt fuckers have colluded so it fell into such a state its protection was void and could be bulldozed. Rotten to the core.

As another member has posted , the co-op cheaper rates bank ,is in more shit again this morning .

The struggling Co-operative Bank has discovered a new £400m capital shortfall - in addition to its previous £1.5bn funding gap.

It now expects to report a full-year pre-tax loss next month of some £1.25bn.

The bank added that job cuts hit the 1,000 level last year, or 14% of the workforce.

The bank said that in 2013 it was hit with an estimated £400m in legacy payment protection insurance (PPI), interest rate swaps and other consumer credit mis-selling claims.

Last summer the bank, which has promoted itself as ethically-minded, revealed it had discovered a £1.5bn capital hole.

The latest reassessment increases that figure by around a quarter and is expected to be met by funds provided by its bondholders.

Its five-year recovery plan announced in 2013, which included raising funds from its shareholders, is now to be "reset".

Chief executive Niall Booker said: "The proposed capital raise would enable us to reset this starting point and continue with the execution of our original business plan.

"As a result of this continuing review, we are unearthing a range of issues which the new executive team is having to address."

In February, the parent Co-operative Group announced an online poll to get feedback from the public after admitting it had lost its way.

It was hit by the huge capital black hole and a scandal involving the bank's ex-chairman Paul Flowers.

The Co-op Group will release its annual results on April 17 and the bank's figures will be announced on April 8.

Unbelievable that they could have any positive cause ,to allow a cheaper % rate of loan to them , given the losses they must have known they were heading towards

BROOBROX - "Unbelievable that they could have any positive cause, to allow a cheaper % rate of loan to them, given the losses they must have known they were heading towards"

There wouldn't be, it all depends on who actually did the deal from the Co-op end of things. We have seen how the people who were handling the land deals for the good of the tax payer seemingly had links to c****c, so why would we be surprised if they used a bank where there the person who would be in charge of the deal would be of the same mind. It's high time that a full and proper investigation was held in to the people who were in charge of these deals and why one client was consistently given the benefit of such preferential treatment. I wonder if any of the people at the o-op bank could be identified as having been in receipt of freebie involving c****c's game in Seville for starters.

BROOBROX - "Unbelievable that they could have any positive cause, to allow a cheaper % rate of loan to them, given the losses they must have known they were heading towards"

There wouldn't be, it all depends on who actually did the deal from the Co-op end of things. We have seen how the people who were handling the land deals for the good of the tax payer seemingly had links to c****c, so why would we be surprised if they used a bank where there the person who would be in charge of the deal would be of the same mind. It's high time that a full and proper investigation was held in to the people who were in charge of these deals and why one client was consistently given the benefit of such preferential treatment. I wonder if any of the people at the o-op bank could be identified as having been in receipt of freebie involving c****c's game in Seville for starters.

There must be a bloody lot of them ,that were in receipt of a Seville freebie , according to them ,there was at least 8 billion in attendance :bomb_piggary: