European Commission seek explanation on Celtic land deals

If they are found guilty of recieving state aid, fraud and corruption what are the likely sanctions the club will face?

Also what about the corrupt individuals from nhsgcc, gcc and co-op?

Hopefully massive financial and sporting sanctions for the paedo harbourers and prison sentences for the individuals.

For me its the links to the Labour party that will be the thing here, for talking sake, say it is proved that those who both had Darkside season tickets or shares, worked for this political party and allowed sensitive information from one to subsidise the other without declaring conflict of interest, with plenty of labour supporters from other teams within Glasgow seeking clarification this could be extremely damaging to both their support and their contributions. The best way forward here would be for them to conduct their own internal investigation IMHO :thumbup:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/district_valuers_report.

Have to take my hat off to Mr Canoe for not being fobbed off by GCC for not releasing info through FOI and EIR requests.

He has went to town with GCC on this

I'm not sure if the link is working but have you any idea how long the GCC review takes?

Great work by this bear.

From FOI

"However, we also believe there is a significant public interest in third parties being able to provide commercial information to public authorities in the expectation that the legally binding duty of confidence under which the information is provided will not be breached by an authority in such a manner as to cause substantial harm to that party's commercial interests."

Originally I thought that they were describing the method used in carrying out the survey by a third party company was the reason for blanking the FOI. Now I'm beginning to wonder whether or not they had the survey done at all and perhaps that the report used was produced by a third party which was working for the purchaser, or indeed that they are playing games and describing the purchaser as the third party. If the latter was the case it would certainly be easy to see how a proper disclose may "cause substantial harm to that party's commercial interests". One thing is for sure an that is this whole situation stinks to high heaven.

Pzj said on twitter the other week his work is done and eu should make a decision within 4-6 weeks. Only info pzj didn't get was geotechnical report for westhorn but gcc have given it to the eu commission.

I think everything rests on what the report says but we'll never know what it says as gcc refuse to release it using a different excuse every time someone asks for it

I have a sneaky feeling that this may have a bit more running in it yet. They may get a break this time round, but I just have that feeling that there may well be more damming evidence to emerge. Do I have any evidence of this, no just a gut feeling. The real damage will be done when and if we are in a position to name those who were involved along with undeniable links between them and c****c.

I have a sneaky feeling that this may have a bit more running in it yet. They may get a break this time round, but I just have that feeling that there may well be more damming evidence to emerge. Do I have any evidence of this, no just a gut feeling. The real damage will be done when and if we are in a position to name those who were involved along with undeniable links between them and c****c.

i hope you're right and that people are still digging for info. I'm keeping an eye on a few FOI requests. One came back this week after someone asked if there were any gcc employees attended the uefa cup final as guests of celtic but they said they don't hold hospitality info for this long. Might have thrown up a few names but we'll never know now.

Soulboy - "I'm keeping an eye on a few FOI requests. One came back this week after someone asked if there were any gcc employees attended the uefa cup final as guests of celtic but they said they don't hold hospitality info for this long. Might have thrown up a few names but we'll never know now."

That's interesting as any freebies to the GCC could be viewed as possible inducements depending on who thy were from a what business the had been engaging in with the GCC. Only about a month ago it was revealed that members of East Ayrshire Council had receive freebie to Seville and Manchester to watch c****c from mining companies who have now gone bust leaving the tax payers to fork out for the clean up costs. Obviously there had to be records that revealed this so it would be interesting to know hat the legal length of time these records have to be maintained by council in Scotland.