Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

Can you imagine being a player being asked to take this pay cut after the Fat Cats such as Stockbridge had their noses in the trough in the summer.

We need to cut wages big time I understand that.

I assume that Wallace as a minimum will go. Could get £1mn and full back is not the most important position in the team

Black days indeed

Hmm. First stop try to decrease ridiculously high wages, second get rid of some dead wood, third increase income by increasing season ticket revenue a bit nearer to what it was.

Sounds like a sound plan, sign me up!

what about another share issue , we could use another 22million , then we can go through it ,all over again next year

People clearly have selective hearing on here. We were told that costs had to be cut - this is the best way to do it if we are to retain the squad. Either players take a wage cut and we can carry on as normal or some go out the door as well as someother staff to cut costs. One or the other.

what about another share issue , we could use another 22million , then we can go through it ,all over again next year

Again, isn't that why Wallace is making these moves, to prevent 'going through' money.

In our current league and revenue streams...no of course it isn't.

If we NEED to move players on I can see us subsidising wages for a period to get them off the wage bill to an extent. Players will exit but we may well still be paying X amount per week for Y amount of time, that would certainly help bring costs down.

People panicking over our CEO's actions are well over reacting to say the least, yes it's unfortunate it's went public (leaked from a player no doubt), but this man is vastly experienced, knows how to run a football club and will certainly get us back into shape, that I have no doubt.

As difficult as it is for people to be confident in that right now he's the man we need to trust to do what's best for the business as well as the football club.

Your preaching to the converted. I believe Wallace is the man to turn us around.

Can you imagine being a player being asked to take this pay cut after the Fat Cats such as Stockbridge had their noses in the trough in the summer.

We need to cut wages big time I understand that.

I assume that Wallace as a minimum will go. Could get £1mn and full back is not the most important position in the team

Black days indeed

As much as i dont agree to him being there, Stockbridge has cut his earning potential by 50% over a 4 year contract. (tu)

The players would have to be absolute nuts to accept pay cuts, what we need is a chief executive and a finance director who will run the club as a football club. Alas this will not happen any time soon.

You fucking idiot, we need a CEO who will run this club as a business so we never go in administration again.

I think a cut to player wages is a cracking idea. The players wages are our biggest expenditure and should be the first thing looked at.

Only one of that board is still there. Isn't Wallace trying to stop such profligacy?

Yes he is.

People keep saying "they" when we have almost a totalyy different board to the "they" that "spunked" 22m of the share issue.

Lets worse case scenario this for a second, lets say these investors that have put over 17m into the club, decide to see their shares go to the wall completely, and refuse to invest a small amount each.

Wouldn't that give all these Rangers men who can do better, a great chance to pick up the club for peanuts and drive us onto the glory that some think would be possible under them.

Or someone like Dave King to ride into the rescue.

It would finally get the "spivs out"

All that being said, I think some are panicking where it isn't needed, we all knew costs would need to be cut, we all knew it. i am still shocked so many are actually surprised that it's happening.

In the players favour, we were daft enough to offer them stupid money so why should they not take it? They'll be aware of the obscene and unjustified cash that has been going the way of board and ex board members too and the ludicrous salaries being drawn by the coaching staff. If it's true we are losing around £1 million a month, then 15% of their wage won't come even close to rectifying things. Other cuts or player sales will inevitably follow.

On the other side of the coin, the players are hardly living hand to mouth and must surely realise that they've been on the gray train for the last couple of years and if they don't stabilise it then it will crash. 15% is hardly a fortune and it would be a great gesture. I think most of them though will struggle to work out what 15% of their gross is though so that won't be helping matters.

Yes he is.

People keep saying "they" when we have almost a totalyy different board to the "they" that "spunked" 22m of the share issue.

Lets worse case scenario this for a second, lets say these investors that have put over 17m into the club, decide to see their shares go to the wall completely, and refuse to invest a small amount each.

Wouldn't that give all these Rangers men who can do better, a great chance to pick up the club for peanuts and drive us onto the glory that some think would be possible under them.

All that being said, I think some are panicking where it isn't needed, we all knew costs would need to be cut, we all knew it. i am still shocked so many are actually surprised that it's happening.

Putting faith in Dave king is misguided IMO

What a fucking embarrassment we are

We should be well on the road to recovery and gathering pace for the SPL return on and off the park

Yet 2 years on and we asking players to take pay cuts

We need to face reality

We have been taken for a ride in recent times and no one is interested in buying the club for the right reasons

Bleak

Players are being asked to take a cut from the wages they were given by a dysfunctional and overspending board and this is somehow the sign of the apocalypse?

We're undoing the wrongs of the previous shambles and, despite that being the reason behind the relentless assault on our board over the past 5 months, that's still not good enough?

It's a lose-lose situation here, no pleasing some folk.

Yes he is.

(tu) and (tu)

Is Ally to blame for the playing staff wage bill, partially so .. yes.

He has sought to increase an ever burgeoning squad and fill it with journeyman players, under utilising the younger players with the potential to grow into 1st team contributors.

HOWEVER, he doesn't control the finances, he doesn't see that our outgoings FAR exceeded out incomings, that was the responsibility of our board & more specifically our FD.

There had to be a person strong enough on the board to say NO, that person should have been the chairman, on the advice of the FD.

Of course, we are also the ONLY professional club in the UK which has a NON playing wage bill which was more than the playing staff & however unsavoury the thought, that is a position that has to change, usually via redundancies.

Again, the position of our non playing v playing costs is also under the direct control of our board, past & present.

The whole situation is horrific, we are now in a situation we swore we would never be in again, we have burned through almost £50m in 2 yrs on our return to the FIRST DIVISION, we still have another division to go ... will that take £25m ??

Who is responsible for this mess, well not the current board, they've inherited this disaster & are now trying to make a ssilk purse from a pigs ear !!

The blame can only fall on our current FD & erstwhile bus proprietor, they are what remains from the thieving cabal who stole, misappropriated or otherwise misused our IPO & ST money.

I also note that our friendly neighbourhood lickspittle (Bawsburst) has reappeared, to defend the current board, can I just say .... GTF JACK !!!

Yes he is.

I think this is the right thing to do and I applaud it...on the oldbo...newbo argument I still worry who actually appointed Somers, Crighton and Wallace. Let's face it...it wasn't Easdale and Stockbridge.

I'm not yet 100% convinced its as clear cut as is made out.