Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

The wage bill should never have been as high as it is to start off with, especially for where we are.

Haven't we learned anything ? :lol:

The new guys brough in clearly have learned something, because they are currently trying to bring those wages down :lol:

Too much logic in here for the people that say we are fucked and going back into Admin, even though we have money in the bank until April.

Too much logic in here for the people that say we are fucked and going back into Admin, even though we have money in the bank until April.

april is 10 weeks away

It does make some sort of sense, yes. Operating in public view does not however.

Yeah, but I don't know how you avoid that. Not for the first time, I'm curious how the BBC got hold of this.

I can't understand why people don't se. Why this is been leaked.

The first thing the agents of these players will do is leak the info to try to get interested clubs to put in an offer to get a moved before the players are released from their contracts and they miss signing fees etc.

Fucking unbelievable to be honest.

Brian Stockbridge should not still have a job at Rangers - Financial director that knows fuck all, now we have a chartered accountant who worked for Liverpool and Arsenal, and their first whole plan to approach this is "Player wage cuts of 15%" - What about cutting the boards wages, or keeping this matter private atleast?

Brian fucking Stockbridge. Arsehole yes man

Or maybe he just not a hysterical old women who takes half a story and fills in the gaps

Every single Rangers fan has every right to be hysterical when stuff like this happens after all we've been through rather than bury their head in the sand, like we done last time, and pretend all is ok.

Even Crystal fucking Palace fans put up more of a fight when they went in to admin.

yep, i like how you pick this comment out and not my last one when i wrote about 15% is nothing to these players. But to some Rangers fans on here saying they are in the right to take over 5 to 10k a week ie Jig. He calls himself a Rangers fan and won't even take a 15% cut which is under 2k to his wages so still gets over 8k a week to play for RANGERS FC. I am sorry but some of those players will need to take a look of themselves should it be them rejecting it

Aye, it's not as if he's played for free for us before.

Well once again the board succeed in just point blank embarrassing us all.

I think the players should stand firm, they signed the contracts in good faith and it's not their fault the board are more interested in lining their own pockets and patting each other on the back, we have a shit load of accountants in there yet nobody seen this coming, Ally and the management will sit there with their wages still high with a nice end pay day with a shit load of shares.

The only bright thing that might come of this is it might make an opening for Dave King and get the current board out.

No doubt the board will be doing their hardest to sell Wallace.

I meant to even get into this situation to have to take wage cuts, clearly..

I know what you mean mate, but guys like Wallace and Sommers never brought in any of these players, or sanctioned any of these contracts.

They are doing what they can to reduce a high costbase set by the previous boards. They are barely in the door and people are freaking out at them trying to do the jobs they have been brought in to do.