Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

Is Ally to blame for the playing staff wage bill, partially so .. yes.

He has sought to increase an ever burgeoning squad and fill it with journeyman players, under utilising the younger players with the potential to grow into 1st team contributors.

HOWEVER, he doesn't control the finances, he doesn't see that our outgoings FAR exceeded out incomings, that was the responsibility of our board & more specifically our FD.

There had to be a person strong enough on the board to say NO, that person should have been the chairman, on the advice of the FD.

Of course, we are also the ONLY professional club in the UK which has a NON playing wage bill which was more than the playing staff & however unsavoury the thought, that is a position that has to change, usually via redundancies.

Again, the position of our non playing v playing costs is also under the direct control of our board, past & present.

The whole situation is horrific, we are now in a situation we swore we would never be in again, we have burned through almost £50m in 2 yrs on our return to the FIRST DIVISION, we still have another division to go ... will that take £25m ??

Who is responsible for this mess, well not the current board, they've inherited this disaster & are now trying to make a ssilk purse from a pigs ear !!

The blame can only fall on our current FD & erstwhile bus proprietor, they are what remains from the thieving cabal who stole, misappropriated or otherwise misused our IPO & ST money.

I also note that our friendly neighbourhood lickspittle (Bawsburst) has reappeared, to defend the current board, can I just say .... GTF JACK !!!

Just to be clear here. The CEO specifically and the Chairman, less so, would have had FAR MORE to do with sanctioning signings than the FD. (tu)

Tell me one company that asks their staff to take wage cuts if the company is not in trouble?

3 years ago I had my salary reduced by 30% ,so they wouldn't have to make people redundant . They weren't in trouble , just needed to cut costs . I would have preferred them to reduce the workforce ,but I didn't have an option .

People are worrying because this type of move isn't typical. Normally you'd quietly try and move some players on, negotiate the sale/release of those who don't get a game or who are too expensive. This smells desperate and that's why I'm worried. Payoffs might not be realistic either, we would need cash reserves to pay off players with lump sums. Just look at the headline about Shiels wanting 200k to go.

Yes he is.

People keep saying "they" when we have almost a totalyy different board to the "they" that "spunked" 22m of the share issue.

Lets worse case scenario this for a second, lets say these investors that have put over 17m into the club, decide to see their shares go to the wall completely, and refuse to invest a small amount each.

Wouldn't that give all these Rangers men who can do better, a great chance to pick up the club for peanuts and drive us onto the glory that some think would be possible under them.

Or someone like Dave King to ride into the rescue.

It would finally get the "spivs out"

All that being said, I think some are panicking where it isn't needed, we all knew costs would need to be cut, we all knew it. i am still shocked so many are actually surprised that it's happening.

very naive statement , who appointed them ? , who do they represent ?

new face same story

the fans are right to be cautious and worried , the board have created this mess and been rewarded handsomely for running the club at a alarming rate , , im all for cost cuts im just not convinced the board are on the same path as some of us hope

Some people are making a huge amount of money from the club.

Its disgusting that they are cashing in then dissapearing.

Easy money from shares then away they go. Vultures.

I struggle with this attitude to be honest. The people who got the 1p shares, apart from McCoist are the ones who took the risk with their own money that they could get to a point to make a profit.

No conditions. No ifs that or ifs this. No ticketus owning part of us. Their own money. A gamble. I have no issue whatsoever with the original investors making good on their 1p shares. (tu)

He was caught out lying in another thread about how bs never received a penny his bonus therefore tjere was nothing to pay back. Quotes from Wallace and Easdale contradicted this so he disappeared

And Green making a bonus. And Green receiving a payoff. And Green going nowhere. :ph34r:

:lol:

I don't see how we'll be capable of offloading most of our overpaid players. Clubs don't want them, nor are they likely to accept terminations. This was just an unrealistic attempt to sidestep a massive contractual problem. It shouldn't provoke unwarranted concern - insofar as it isn't necessarily (or, in my mind, even probably) indicative of serious financial instability - but it does seem to suggest that alternative approaches will have to be explored. The most obvious conclusion is that those who could attract interest - Wallace, first and foremost - will have to go. I just don't see any way around that.

For weeks and months people have been moaning like fcuk about players/management wages being too much for the level we are at. Now as something realistically is being done about it people are . . . err . . just moaning like fcuk !

:lol:

as ever, concise and straight to the point :lol:

For weeks and months people have been moaning like fcuk about players/management wages being too much for the level we are at. Now as something realistically is being done about it people are . . . err . . just moaning like fcuk !

Not moaning at the action taken, everyone knows these measures have to be taken, just the way it has been carried out.

Some people are making a huge amount of money from the club.

Its disgusting that they are cashing in then dissapearing.

Easy money from shares then away they go. Vultures.

i agree , but it would seem all the investors have to do is , make a few board room changes and the fans are happy ,we are very gullible indeed

He was caught out lying in another thread about how bs never received a penny his bonus therefore tjere was nothing to pay back. Quotes from Wallace and Easdale contradicted this so he disappeared

There are no quotes you were invited to publish them you didn't and couldn't, of course I was surmising you actually knew that which constituted a "quote" :pipe: