Players refuse 15% wage cut?

Costly

hows does he do that now that the players have said no? - this is a genuine question - he has tried and fail with the players according to these stories - so what next

Cushy I mentioned it earlier in the thread but only a few such as Gogzy paid attention and read it...

This was discussed as one of the many measures the CEO can take to cut costs and McCulloch was to put it to the players to see if they would be open to any kind of cuts to their wage (no figures mentioned).

One of MANY measures he can take.

Costs will be cut in other departments all over, he's doing his job and will cut costs where possible.

I just cannot believe how short sighted people at the club have been when we got put down to division 3. Had such a golden opportunity to do something special and it has been fucking ruined by pure panic and short sightedness and it actually makes me.sad more than anything else. Just absolutely gutting, I hate Ally for the way he runs this team

I believe i predicted this very reaction back at the AGM time.

If this was Murray and Co coming in and doing this, the very people having a cardiac arrest would be on here telling us that their hands have been forced due to previous mis-management. Wallace does it and its all the current Boards fault and the spivs should go.

I hope and believe that every Rangers fan understands that we needed to cut costs. Any Board in the UK worth their salt, would sit down and the first thing they would look at is the big ticket items. We should remember that the footballing staff wage last year was NOT the £7m that everybody keeps talking about, it was nearer £11m in reality. Now if you are capable of taking a step back and looking at objectively, cutting £11m by 15% is a much bigger and better answer than cutting 15% off the £3k we pay the milkman at Murray Park.

The wages our players are on are an utter disgrace. We brought in players and are paying them 3/4/5 times as much as they had ever earned in their previous footballing careers so to ask these guys to take a 15% cut is not as bad as it sounds, though i do have sympathy for the younger players whom have been let down very badly by both the Management team and the "PREVIOUS" Board members.

Lets face facts. We NEED fresh investment. We NEED to cut costs. This is the start of it and Wallace should be applauded rather than set upon. (tu)

(tu) totally spot on.

I think a 15% pay cut from the players isn't such a bad thing to be honest

I would take it in my work if it meant savingr jobs but i'd also expect management and directors to take a cut, say above £60K per year and you would take a cut? Wouldn't ask normal staff at the club who prob earn £250 a week to take a cut

Shite putting it onto the players and I know they have costs like everyone else but it prob means a few of them would have to go

As usual the ones who DONT make these sort of decisions needing to suffer

Cushy I mentioned it earlier in the thread but only a few such as Gogzy paid attention and read it...

This was discussed as one of the many measures the CEO can take to cut costs and McCulloch was to put it to the players to see if they would be open to any kind of cuts to their wage (no figures mentioned).

One of MANY measures he can take.

Costs will be cut in other departments all over, he's doing his job and will cut costs where possible.

I dont have a problem with the cuts - they are a necessary evil. However, the player wages were mooted by Wallace as being close to 100% of turnover - yet they look untouchable. Is that sustainable?

targeting the players ...failure , next stop fire sale on players wont be enough to line the pockets , next stop the fans minimum 25% increase on ST ...what next ?

Hmm. First stop try to decrease ridiculously high wages, second get rid of some dead wood, third increase income by increasing season ticket revenue a bit nearer to what it was.

Sounds like a sound plan, sign me up!

we go into admin again then we're pretty much fucked big time.

stark reality is this

boardroom wages, ally's wages, his coaching staff wages, and the players wages will kill us with no income coming in because its being spent to pay for all those folks wages and running costs.

I just cannot believe how short sighted people at the club have been when we got put down to division 3. Had such a golden opportunity to do something special and it has been fucking ruined by pure panic and short sightedness and it actually makes me.sad more than anything else. Just absolutely gutting, I hate Ally for the way he runs this team

the fucking board run the club , but you carry on spouting pish as usual

we go into admin again then we're pretty much fucked big time.

stark reality is this

boardroom wages, ally's wages, his coaching staff wages, and the players wages will kill us with no income coming in because its being spent to pay for all those folks wages and running costs.

See to be honest, not that i want to see it happen but admin 2 would be a hell of a lot different to first time round and I dont believe we would be "fucked big time"

Pay cuts should be happening at all levels of the club

This makes the players the bad guys for the way it has came out but i dont feel thats the case, the boards wages should be slashed as well

We should have signed division 1 players to win us division 2 not spl players on silly wages

I remember our rise was supposed to be on low budget with youngsters being blooded but looks like things could go tits up again with over paid useless cunts like foster, smith and so on

Fucking fed up of this but i wont abondon ship ever!

We are a total laughing stock

I dont have a problem with the cuts - they are a necessary evil. However, the player wages were mooted by Wallace as being close to 100% of turnover - yet they look untouchable. Is that sustainable?

In our current league and revenue streams...no of course it isn't.

If we NEED to move players on I can see us subsidising wages for a period to get them off the wage bill to an extent. Players will exit but we may well still be paying X amount per week for Y amount of time, that would certainly help bring costs down.

People panicking over our CEO's actions are well over reacting to say the least, yes it's unfortunate it's went public (leaked from a player no doubt), but this man is vastly experienced, knows how to run a football club and will certainly get us back into shape, that I have no doubt.

As difficult as it is for people to be confident in that right now he's the man we need to trust to do what's best for the business as well as the football club.