Mitchell gone

Inigo

Thoughts?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6024-mitchell-leaves-club

I'm a bit disappointed after last years showings. I thought he had shown up pretty well, but I suppose the cuts have to be made. I'm sure many would have preferred him to have stayed rather than Foster, but I suppose Mitchell's easier to get rid of. First of several more, perhaps?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for giving the youth a chance and combining experience with the youth in having a longer term goal e.g. avoid signings like Smith, Simonsen and Foster. However, I just don't think he was good enough so a waste of wages and better out the door. First of many I hope as it's ridiculous that we've a bigger squad than the Mhanks. Let's just hope these players aren't getting paid off then he's yet another one with no sell on fee.

Another pointless contract given out

True. So that is three of the youths that got new contracts that have been released why extended their contracts if they weren't good enough?

Having said that good luck to Mitchell as a fellow Ulsterman I hope he does well.

True. So that is three of the youths that got new contracts that have been released why extended their contracts if they weren't good enough?

Having said that good luck to Mitchell as a fellow Ulsterman I hope he does well.

But if we didn't give them contracts and they left and we replaced them with better players all of us would moan about not giving them a year contract. Double standards would come into place.

In other words, good luck to Mitchell. When he was called on to play games, he was a consistent player but not good enough to keep the position down.

I wonder if by letting him go we had to pay out the remainder of his contract (albeit it only six months) or whether we came to a deal with him to save us money.

If it's the latter then that's good news - money saved. As I've said before we need to not give out stupid contract extensions as we approach that summer.

That means waving bye to Hutton, Cribari and Simonsen who are surplus to requirements on the football side of things anyhow (tu)