***** The Official Post Match Thread Brechin (H) *****

Columbo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Moshni hadn't got sent off I could easily have seen us winning 4 or 5 one and everyone been content at the scoreline.

The performances have been rubbish lately and the second half (especially the last 20 minutes) was no different but the sending off played a large part for the poor second half in my opinion (tu)

Even if that's the case there's no reason we couldn't keep attacking a part time team, Walter Smith managed to win a national cup final with 9 men, Lennon had 10 men at Ibrox and got a draw should probably have won even.

McCoist chose to be negative, take off Templeton etc.

Even if that's the case there's no reason we couldn't keep attacking a part time team, Walter Smith managed to win a national cup final with 9 men, Lennon had 10 men at Ibrox and got a draw should probably have won even.

McCoist chose to be negative, take off Templeton etc.

Yeah I don't disagree to be fair until we took Templeton off I thought we looked more likely to score - McCoist's subs after the red card weren't great (tu)

If Moshni hadn't got sent off I could easily have seen us winning 4 or 5 one and everyone been content at the scoreline.

The performances have been rubbish lately and the second half (especially the last 20 minutes) was no different but the sending off played a large part for the poor second half in my opinion (tu)

We were playing poorly from the start of the second half, the sending of made no difference to the standard of play. Once again the officials seemed loathe to caution the opposition I'm sure kicking the ball away is an automatic yellow but not against Rangers apparently. As for the female assistant she seems incapable of seeing whats in front of her. There was a clear foul and what looked like an elbow 2 yards from her and the ref had to give the decision.

Its no excuse for the second half but it can't help when you have to guess what the decision might be. The 2 was lucky bto stay on and had the brass neck to complain about being booked for a body check on Temps!

The second half today was abysmal especially the latter part of the half.

Players looking uninterested and tired booting the ball up the park into space with not a rangers player in sight, not chasing it up etc I thought some of the players today were an embarrassment.

We shouldn't be scraping by at home to brechin with the squad we have, they are not performing to their ability and its fucking infuriating to see especially when it looks like they don't give a shit

Not in the least bit surprised at Mohsni's sending off...

His attitude for the past month has been shocking..

As for Ian Black, how he's still starting is beyond me. His performances recently have to be seen to be believed.

Black was brilliant today, I lost count of the times he broke up the play and passed the ball well except for the couple of times in the second half where he played some poor passes.

Black was brilliant today, I lost count of the times he broke up the play and passed the ball well except for the couple of times in the second half where he played some poor passes.

We must've been at different games..

A tad better than he's been the past month but that's not saying much..

Should've been sacked when we had the chance.

We must've been at different games..

A tad better than he's been the past month but that's not saying much..

Should've been sacked when we had the chance.

Must have. Some people can't find anything good to say about Black though regardless of what he does. One of our best players this season.

If Temps gets subbed because he's knackered, what the fuck is the story with Daly remaining on the pitch? He simply doesn't do enough to get tired, I know, but why does he even start. Professional footballers getting tired after 55 minutes or so, whatever next?

55 minutes and their knackered, what fecking training are they doing, 55 minutes thats like 1 set to Andy Murry ffs, we should look fitter than these part time teams and we DONT !!!!!!!

If ally has any sense (no laughing at the back) he'd play gasparato and faure and try to build a young CB pairing.....the league is won so no harm in giving younger player the opportunity!

that has been said about most of our players in the last month or so, get the likes of Murdoch, Crawford and other youngters in the team yet still we have the same faces in week in week out regardless of how poor they play

17 points to win league but Dunfermline's points grab in the last 9 games has been only 55%, so I reckon we can wrap this up away to East Fife on 1st March or next game home to Airdire.

I think it took to the 30th March to clinch last year's title.

Mohsni being sent off was the game changer

up until then Rangers had been looking good: i was impressed with the snappy one touch passing that was going on and lets face it, it was only the Brechin goalie that was keeping them in the game and Rangers were very unlucky not to be 4 goals up,

Law and Black both had good games and was refreshing to see Law pressing forward at every opportunity

Brechins goal was a good one for sure, but it came totally against the run of play and apart from that shot, Brechin never threatened Rangers goal much.

The Mohsni gets sent off and it all became very very hard going for Rangers: they looked tired and worn out.

The last the minutes were hard going but we got there in the end with ten men.

Mohsni's recklessness almost jepordised Rangers today and he needs to put his hand up and take responsibility

Positives: Rangers passing the ball around with great movement

negatives: fitness towards the end; everyone back at corners (why?!!)

haven't seen Santa in his usual seat for a few games. hope he's ok. maybe he's still at his grotto?