The obligatory but belated Steve Simonsen thread.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OT but was reading about him before the game - divorced and lost his licence this year now that - in reading about his licence lost I liked this bit... 'He left the club with a girl he had met and they went back to the car for a ....

... Conversation'

Bad year !

Thought Simo was way short of match fit today. Should have been given a chance in some of the meaningless league games we've played over the last few months. Can't expect anyone to play 1 first team game in 8 months and be match ready IMHO.

Awful moment for him and us and ruined his big day, apart from that he did fairly well and I guess he made one mistake that's highlighted whilst guys like Mohsni made countless mistakes but none quite so punishing.

I agree the goalie has not had enough games, Bilel needs to practice passing i know a few u11's that would beat him

I pretty much went against the grain on here as everyone looked happy at the goalkeeper replacing bell. I did say it's the last thing you want in our biggest game of the season to change goalkeepers. There would be communication problems and the defense or the goalkeeper would not be mutually confident in each other as they're not used to playing together. I saw it coming, but I didn't see such a poor mistake on the horizon.

McCoist should have seen the same as what I did, and told the keeper to lump it whenever the ball comes to him, instead the keeper does that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it shows it was predictable, and there are steps which can be taken to prevent such a thing happen. The steps weren't taken by the manager which shows him up.

We had a free kick, How did the ball end up at him? I looked on here for a min or so expecting the ball to be put into their box. What the fuck happened?

Wasn't at the game today and watched it on tv. Happened that fast that we never even saw the free kick on tv, sky were showing a replay and by the time they got back to the game Black had already took a quick free kick and by all accounts made an arse of it and the ball was heading for Simonsen.

Wasn't at the game today and watched it on tv. Happened that fast that we never even saw the free kick on tv, sky were showing a replay and by the time they got back to the game Black had already took a quick free kick and by all accounts made an arse of it and the ball was heading for Simonsen.

Joke

We had a free kick, How did the ball end up at him? I looked on here for a min or so expecting the ball to be put into their box. What the fuck happened?

It showed what happened only on the post-match analysis in the studio.

Black tried a quick free-kick and passed it straight to their left-back. He then proceeded to hoof it straight up the pitch and, well you know the rest...

It showed what happened only on the post-match analysis in the studio.

Black tried a quick free-kick and passed it straight to their left-back. He then proceeded to hoof it straight up the pitch and, well you know the rest...

Should have been hoofed into the box, wi 10 mins to go ffs

It's little basic things like that that seem to fuck us