HMRC granted leave to appeal upper tier tribunal decision

North Rd

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok the oldco, which i've said countless times is a pointless exercise and a waste of money, so why are they still after it when it no longer exists ?

Because it sets a precedent that allows them to chase MUCH bigger fish who used similar schemes with a much higher return the HM coffers

Ok the oldco, which i've said countless times is a pointless exercise and a waste of money, so why are they still after it when it no longer exists ?

If they win the case that opens doors for them to chase bigger reputable clubs.

Doing it for no other reason

Because it sets a precedent that allows them to chase MUCH bigger fish who used similar schemes with a much higher return the HM coffers

.......and the downside???

Have they left themselves open to court action for sinking our 'oldco'???

.......and the downside???

Have they left themselves open to court action for sinking our 'oldco'???

No, running out of money sunk the OldCo. the HMRC didnt break any rules.

A combination of a risky strategy from Murray, the financial markets crashing and Whyte were the reasons the OldCo sunk.

So in other wards they're useless bastards ? they can't go after companies like Starbucks etc who owe millions which whom they'll get money from, yet they can't even win a case against a company that is no more ? people must be pissing themselves laughing.

It's a pretty ridiculous rule which allows you to be successful until the upper tribunal of the Appeal Courts and potentially lose with no route of appeal. Even if they get turfed out again, they crave precident so much that they'll look take it to the House of Lords if they can. 100% certain

What is their basis for another appeal though? I mean have they anything new to bring to the table? Surely all avenues must have been exhausted in the first two tribunals, I understand that they based their last appeal on a point of law, but wasn't that thrown out? I just cannot for the life of me understand what they can still appeal against, if anyone more knowledgeable can come up with some answers then I'd be much obliged.

Why can't they go after others without a hollow victory over our oldco ? that baffles me.

because if they spend money on going after a hollow company, they hope if they win it will put the fear of long drawn out cases into the minds of bigger companies that used schemes like this, and maybe other companies will pay up without chasing them

No, running out of money sunk the OldCo. the HMRC didnt break any rules.

A combination of a risky strategy from Murray, the financial markets crashing and Whyte were the reasons the OldCo sunk.

HMRC Fucked Rangers Oldco as a business entity, ending in admin/liquidation with claims so far unsubstanciated by the courts.

The Court of Appeal has found that HM Revenue and Customs do owe a duty of care to a taxpayer if it makes mistakes.

As a consequence of the decisions in

Neil Martin v Commissioners for HMRC [2007] EWCA Civ 1041

What is their basis for another appeal though? I mean have they anything new to bring to the table? Surely all avenues must have been exhausted in the first two tribunals, I understand that they based their last appeal on a point of law, but wasn't that thrown out? I just cannot for the life of me understand what they can still appeal against, if anyone more knowledgeable can come up with some answers then I'd be much obliged.

They must feel they have something new to present - wouldn't be allowed otherwise. They can't just appeal for the sake of it. Saying that the previous judge left the door ajar with one of his comments? Can't recall

because if they spend money on going after a hollow company, they hope if they win it will put the fear of long drawn out cases into the minds of bigger companies that used schemes like this, and maybe other companies will pay up without chasing them

They've spent millions JBJ on 2 cases and lost and now a 3rd and the probability is they'll lose again, so where do they go from losing a 3rd trial ? push for a 4th and lose again wasting more taxpaying money ?.

She told us.

What I would really love to know is who is feeding the Mhedia filth with Confidential Information on this case.

Anyone feel free to tell us.

She never told anyone as it was a hate filled guess and nothing more. I can't believe you actually think this as all your doing is giving the slut credibility when she has none.

They've spent millions JBJ on 2 cases and lost and now a 3rd and the probability is they'll lose again, so where do they go from losing a 3rd trial ? push for a 4th and lose again wasting more taxpaying money ?.

yes

they would rather spend millions upon millions just to show a hard stance, so that others wont try and take the piss

if HMRC back down then they run the risk that others will just say "fuck use, take us to court then"