ranges fans for independence Facebook page - no longer a fan

j1mgg

Nor is it the fault of No voters/Unionists.

It's a group of folk pickled with drink goading each other on.

No major incidents took place and was it not only 6 arrests for minor incidents? Which is pretty standard for a group of that size egging each other on.

(tu) this is not the fault of either "side" people got pished and emotions got high, same as every bloody weekend in any major town or city.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nor is it the fault of No voters/Unionists.

It's a group of folk pickled with drink goading each other on.

No major incidents took place and was it not only 6 arrests for minor incidents? Which is pretty standard for a group of that size egging each other on.

I wouldn't blanket blame either side as many seem favourable of doing on here.

A bunch of pissed up arseholes appeared looking for trouble, people cannot be surprised when they point the finger at the no side considering these crowds spent the night singing GSTQ and many were draped in Union Jacks.

They done themselves no favours and let many people down on Friday.

Rangers fans :lol:

Never one in the first place if you asked me, we've all been through the mill over the past few years, we've been battered, bruised and unfairly treated...but not once did I contemplate for even one second, supporting anyone other than The Rangers.

Get to fuck, if we play on the streets I will watch from the pavements.

All Rangers fans were together in being unfairly treated over last few years - now there are Rangers fans getting it from other Rangers Fans.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for several years and done everything I could to show my support through difficult times for our club.

The way I have been treated by other supporters has appalled me and I see were this guy is coming from - he is not less of a fan than anyone else but why should he turn up to support his club every other week when so many of his fellow supporters have made it very clear the do no want him there?

Big difference between walking away and being abused by everyone around you until you leave.

Listen if he is anti-union, hates the Monarchy and is offended by the Union Flag he is in the wrong place, but all this guy has done is say 'I'm a Rangers fan and a Nationalist' and he has been driven out of the club he loves.

All Rangers fans were together in being unfairly treated over last few years - now there are Rangers fans getting it from other Rangers Fans.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for several years and done everything I could to show my support through difficult times for our club.

The way I have been treated by other supporters has appalled me and I see were this guy is coming from - he is not less of a fan than anyone else but why should he turn up to support his club every other week when so many of his fellow supporters have made it very clear the do no want him there?

Big difference between walking away and being abused by everyone around you until you leave.

Listen if he is anti-union, hates the Monarchy and is offended by the Union Flag he is in the wrong place, but all this guy has done is say 'I'm a Rangers fan and a Nationalist' and he has been driven out of the club he loves.

His credentials as a Rangers 'fan' appear a little less than real. There are some on here who voted Yes and received a range of abuse. BP9 has had plenty of it but his support is unwavering.

I'd be interested to find out if this really is a 'former' Rangers fan or just a sham. As an aside he doesnt seem to be 'walking away' because of abuse it seemss more a throwing his toys out of the pram.

Are we to assume you're a Yes voter or, even worse, a supporter of SOS/UoF?

Yes you can assume I'm a Yes voter. I am NOT a member of the other two.

I'm probably on the same page as the majority of this forums members on just about everything, apart from Independence.

I have taken abuse from other Rangers fans and actually have people I considered good friends no longer speaking to me.

I was voting No until I changed my mind the week before as when I put my own personal allegiances aside and tried to look at it unbiased it seemed the best for the future.

The only reason I could see to remain in the Union is to keep Scotland a protestant County as it has been for 147 years BEFORE the union. However as Glasgow City Council, the Scottish press and even Police Scotland have been

Pfft, even after the vote, instead of saying what would be good about independence they tell us things about Britain. If theres ever a revote please use the same tactics as before, and everyone in Scotland with a brain could see through their pish. Why are you telling us reasons to stay in Britain instead of reasons to leave?

And im sick of the amount of folk on both sides talking about "abuse" and "harassment", if one of your pals says "get it up ye" or someone on FB says "youre not Scottish/British" its hardly abuse, Yes voters have a right to be upset, No voters have a right to be happy, many will gloat and many will be pissed off, I dont doubt some on both sides have actually been abused but some in this day and age are just pussies that greet about everything.

I give it out to yes voters and I take it back, no need to spit the dummy out.

Out with the Georges Square handbags shenanigans. how many other drunken fights, shouting matches and general boorish behaviour. Where Ambulance attendance was necessary in Glasgow on Friday night? i would confidently say there was probably more.

Storm in a tea cup comes to mind.

It's simply not possible for a real Rangers fan to just say, "stuff it, I'm supporting Motherwell" or similar. If they have been through everything that's happened in the previous 3 years then what on earth would make them walk away now. Not liking Ally's tactics is not a reason. Not fancying how the board operates is not a reason. The club has had many difficult times, not just the most recent madness, and the fans have always been there thick and thin. Yes the crowds will dwindle when our results don't meet expectations but we really need a big push this year to get back to the Premier where we need to be to survive …. So what on earth is in the mind of someone who decides to stop following the team now ! ?

For me its good riddance, most of these "fans" who would be so quick to jump ship to another club are probably just no marks who one day thought "maybe it will be nice to take wee Seamus to a football match, well Ibrox is the closest so Ill take him there" then goes to a few games, but doesnt appreciate or respect the history of the club, and gets offended at swearing and naughty songs. And takes no consideration at the fact that people have been going to games for years and want things to stay the way they are.

Ive met folk like that many times, "aye I took the wee man to the game but didnt really like the swearing or the songs they sang" well wtf did you expect? If you want a nice wee day out to hold hands and eat cupcakes then go to the fucking tennis or something. Dont barge in then expect things to change. Id hate being a ST holder for a EPL club and have to put up with this family friendly atmosphere pish, its the reason whey sports in America are boring, its all "lets all hold hands and sing Go Team" and sing about fucking peanuts and cracker fucking jacks.

Football is traditionally watched by working class men who go to watch the game and have a swally with their pals and have a sing song. Now we get these specky designer scarf wearing tee-total nancy boy hipster gimps like "aw thats really offensive man!" in their student accent, fucking cannae stand these pricks. You start singing a soft song with no naughty bits like "Blue Sea of Ibrox" or "The Bluebells Are Blue" and they still turn round and look at you like yer a nutter!

Ive criticized groups like UBs etc but fuck me Id have them tenfold to get rid of these knobs. They totally ruin the football some days, when your there and you sing a song and 3 or 4 look at you like your mad and you feel like you shouldnt sing, well I say fuck them and sing anyway but I know theres plenty folk who would keep quiet because of them, theyre part of the reason theres no atmosphere at the games.

My childhood saturday mornings were spent outside the Bells bar on Govan Rd playing with the broken bottles with my wee brother while my Dad went in for a few pints, sometimes if we were lucky we'd be able to get in and sit in the corner, we'd hear swearing and songs, but we understood that was a thing to do on a saturday at the football and not at school. We'd see people pished arguing, fighting, seen polis battering fans, seen hatred in peoples eyes, felt the hatred in the air at OF games, naughty songs and swearing were the least of it. And I, along with plenty of Bears who did the same things when they were young turned out fine, some act like hearing someone shouting "the referees a wanker" is a gateway to becoming an ICF member. Fucking PC brigade fannies. The type that applaud a goal from the opponent and think we should all shake hands with tarriers and probably sit and watch OF games with their tim pals like "aw lad yous had us well beat there eh, well done"

No Rangers fan would turn their back on the club let alone publicly slate the club and its fans, ive seen "Rangers fans" writing "where can I get a celtic top lol" is if 'ra hoopz are not the scummiest club in British, sorry World history. This anti Rangers agenda in the media has the public and neutrals thinking the scum are the Bastion of equality and acceptance and that Rangers are a front for the BNP because we've sat back and allowed the tarriers, the media, and the no marks of the offended mob attack and attack without reply. I read the message posted on that "Rangers fans" for independence page, and I was going to hope the replies would say things like "good riddance" "no real fan would do that" or "fuck off you mhanky tarrier slapper" but no, most of the comments were "i agree" "feel the same" "sick of our support humiliating us" etc, these are the kind of people who either never go to games, or go to the game with their prawn sarnie and then goes home and doesnt read or listen or even think about the Rangers till the next game and is out of touch with most fans.

The same type of fannies that grass on other Bears and phone clyde 1 criticizing other Bears. Im not trying to say that all "new age" fans are like this, just 99.99% of them... That one guy is alright I guess.