Unlikely fans favourites

now then forever

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rod Wallace count?

Mind he sneaked in the back door as a freebie when we were signing Kanchelskis, what a fucking signing.

Will never forget his goal to seal the treble or his winner at the piggery in injury time after they had pounded us and Albertz missed a penalty.

Absolutely this. Expected nothing from Wallace considering the type of players we bought and were linked with. In the end got pretty much everything from him and some. Fantastic signing.

David Weir too. When he signed I thought he was passed it especially to partake in old firm games and Europe. Boy did he prove many of us wrong. NSDW!

Notice Kenny Miller deliberately standing off him and giving him room to make the spin.

Speaking of which I think you could add Miller as an unlikely fans favourite. A lot of fans never wanted him back the second time and still stand by that, which is fine. However considering all the animosity and negativity surrounding his return I thought he was great for us and actually proved to be a more intelligent footballer than I thought, playing a pivotal role in our success.

alex Willoughby. Intelligent inside forward, never got much credence when he was with us which was not long enough. If not for Berwick then he and his cousin Jim Forrest would have gone on to form a formidable partnership.

alex Willoughby. Intelligent inside forward, never got much credence when he was with us which was not long enough. If not for Berwick then he and his cousin Jim Forrest would have gone on to form a formidable partnership.

They may even have won us a ECWC !