kenny miller for manager.

dummiesoot

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF, it's time for experience and a proven track record.

Like PLG? Tbh I am not sure who within the experienced brigade would do a job, McInnes perhaps, McCall not sure about him, seems to be going , billy Davies seems to do very well short term then falls out with boards but would do a job.

The guy at Hamilton seems to know his way about,night and day in comparison to our dugout dumbo, that can't be luck, desire and coaching ability certainly get you heading the right way.

A rookie manager (well accies is his first job) that is given a chance to develop youngsters, doing very well, not a bad shout but compensation would need to be paid.

Think we need someone that's more experienced than KM.

I've said before , but I'd try and get Gordon Strachan . The way he's turned Scotland around in over a year has been impressive. Even more so is that he has done it with relatively average standard players , making them into a cohesive unit playing attractive , attacking football . These ' average ' players have gone away to Germany , England and Croatia , amongst others and competed well.

With our financial predicament , we're going to have to go with ' average ' players for the foreseeable future and rely on a manager that can get the best out them , the way Strachan has with Scotland.

Think we need someone that's more experienced than KM.

I've said before , but I'd try and get Gordon Strachan . The way he's turned Scotland around in over a year has been impressive. Even more so is that he has done it with relatively average standard players , making them into a cohesive unit playing attractive , attacking football . These ' average ' players have gone away to Germany , England and Croatia , amongst others and competed well.

With our financial predicament , we're going to have to go with ' average ' players for the foreseeable future and rely on a manager that can get the best out them , the way Strachan has with Scotland.

Strachan would not come near Rangers after managing them for a few years.

The guy would have to be mad to manage two auld firm clubs and the grief that would come with that. Also with some of his family caught waving IRA flags at septic games the mHedia would have a field day.

Even if he wanted to come to Rangers the money needed to buy him out of the big SFA contract he has would be way beyond what Rangers can pay.

Like PLG? Tbh I am not sure who within the experienced brigade would do a job, McInnes perhaps, McCall not sure about him, seems to be going , billy Davies seems to do very well short term then falls out with boards but would do a job.

Think we need to get away from the usual names, but like yourself I've no idea.

Strachan would not come near Rangers after managing them for a few years.

The guy would have to be mad to manage two auld firm clubs and the grief that would come with that. Also with some of his family caught waving IRA flags at septic games the mHedia would have a field day.

Even if he wanted to come to Rangers the money needed to buy him out of the big SFA contract he has would be way beyond what Rangers can pay.

I was meaning more along his ability of finding ordinary players that punch above their weight , which I think , is what we're in need of right now.

Money wise I don't think there would be much difference in what McCoist will be getting next season should we go up. Yes , we'd need to buy his contract up but I would hope that would pay for itself in that I do believe he would get us into Europe first time , something I don't believe would happen with the current manager. Added to that , if he can play attractive , attacking football , as he has with Scotland , I'm sure our ST sales would be a lot more healthier.

I accept you're point about the flag waving , my only comeback would be , I've never heard Strachan as a manager abuse us the way TLB did.

If I'm honest , I agree with you , in that the sticking point could be does he need the hassle ? Particularly as he's got a Euro group he must be confident in doing well in . I'm just trying to think outside the box , because I worry about the inexperience of guys like McCall , McInnes , Davies or Kenny Miller . Alright being a manager in a small club , but whole different case coming here , and we can't afford to get it wrong again.

We cant afford an untested manager.....again.

We need somebody to hit the ground running, build a solid team as cheap as poss and get the most out of every player.

I concur, but should we fail to achieve this then the general consensus seems to be: take Ally as a starting point and moving away from that point - in any direction - will likely result in some sort of improvement.

I was meaning more along his ability of finding ordinary players that punch above their weight , which I think , is what we're in need of right now.

Money wise I don't think there would be much difference in what McCoist will be getting next season should we go up. Yes , we'd need to buy his contract up but I would hope that would pay for itself in that I do believe he would get us into Europe first time , something I don't believe would happen with the current manager. Added to that , if he can play attractive , attacking football , as he has with Scotland , I'm sure our ST sales would be a lot more healthier.

I accept you're point about the flag waving , my only comeback would be , I've never heard Strachan as a manager abuse us the way TLB did.

If I'm honest , I agree with you , in that the sticking point could be does he need the hassle ? Particularly as he's got a Euro group he must be confident in doing well in . I'm just trying to think outside the box , because I worry about the inexperience of guys like McCall , McInnes , Davies or Kenny Miller . Alright being a manager in a small club , but whole different case coming here , and we can't afford to get it wrong again.

Strachan was getting death threats on kiddy fiddle st while he was septic manager can you imagine what would happen if he jumped ship to Rangers?

I don't think he needs or wants the Rangers job and all that comes with it he has an easy time of it right now on big wages why put yourself through that kind of hassle?

Other Candidates are few and far between right now really can't think of anyone who can 100% guarantee success with this group of players.

I don't think we could attract a top class manager at the moment but if we throw 800k a year at them then who knows, I don't fancy Miller I would prefer a foreign coach to come in who has at last a bit of a reputation with a good contacts network, I would also like to see a coach with the PLG attitude where players need to realize that playing football is a lifestyle and isn't just about a few hours training a couple of days a week and play a game at the weekend, any players with an attitude like that fud Ferguson should be told to get on board or get to fuck.