***Hearts v Rangers***

G.E.C.

I think it'll be a close game with a goal in it either way.

Mentioned this yesterday as well, but I'm not sure why so many of us are so sure we're better man for man than Hearts. I don't really agree with that. They are strong in the midfield and have quick players out wide. They have strikers in better form all season than ours.

I fear with Ally in charge for the season and a loss at Tynecastle on Saturday our league challenge would not exactly be over but i don't think we have the ability or self belief to remain undefeated for the rest of the season.

Just my opinion,i hope i'm getting dogs abuse come May for being very very wrong.

Its a must win game on saturday. Like the ICT, St Johnstone game a couldnt care less how we win but we have to. I'm not confident at all but our defence have hardly conceded with Mcgregor at the back. Be 1 goal in it. We have to score first, no way we will win if we go behind.

Reckon we'll go 4-5-1, Boyd being dropped, Miller uptop with hopefully Macleod moving into the middle of the park along with Law and Black. Would like to see us going with two wingers in Aird and Templeton, we need to trouble Hearts and let them worry about us not the other way round.

We can't go in with the tactics of sitting back and letting Hearts come on to us, the crowd, will be right ontop of us the atmosphere will be fierce, the ball will be willed into the net if we're not careful. Personally don't see they tactics working at all, but it's how I see us going.

A loss of course is devastating for us, but then again IMO a draw really doesn't do us any favours either. A win, gives Hearts first defeat of the season (in the league at least) that asks questions of this Hearts team puts them under pressure will they start to crumble, a draw just continues their run, mantains confidence and is another game against their nearest rivals out of the way. A must win.

Due to living in Edinburgh I have been able to take more interest in Hearts than I normally would, I have to say that I am not looking forward to this game on Saturday lunchtime but still hold out hope for a draw.

We might even have a favourable ref and maybe sneak it with a late penalty or something. Hearts have been hot and cold this season, yes they have been poor in some games (2nd half v Falkirk) but what they seem to have is bottle and are up for the fight - where with that plum in the dugout I just dont think Rangers are in the same mindset. If your winning the ugly games and when you play poor, and havent we said this ourselves sometimes - thats what Champions are made of?

Man for man, I think I would prefer their team....their manager anyway. We could really struggle if they get an early goal which will get their tails up...it will also help the home fans (who I think will be up for this anyway) make even more noise. I love Tynecastle, its a great wee stadium for big games as the atmosphere can be electric....we need to silence them early on, but I can't see us doing that because in my mind and I think someone has said this already, because this is a (pretty much) must win game, Ally will treat it as must not lose.

Head says - 3-1 Hearts

Heart hoping for 1-1

Dream - 3-0 Rangers

they've posted a link to this thread on their forum :lol:

so if any of you gypo cunts are looking in perhaps you'd like to answer me this - every post on your forum concerning us says 'sevco' or 'The Rangers', so if we are a new club, why is there a mad scramble for tickets for this game?

they're confident about this game which could work in our favour. hope we can put these fannies in their place

This evening I have a funny feeling we'll win, no idea why as I'm completely convinced we're the worst run outfit in the country. It'll be a tight, shitty game and hearts will clearly have most of the play and we'll stifle, harry and annoy, with the likelihood of a miller or Macleod goal after a slip up from them.

We'll be as shapeless and one dimensional as we always are. Hearts have a great squad just now, all buying into neilson's plans and they can actually see the results of hard work. Must be great to be part of a set up like that (tu)

they've posted a link to this thread on their forum :lol:

so if any of you gypo cunts are looking in perhaps you'd like to answer me this - every post on your forum concerning us says 'sevco' or 'The Rangers', so if we are a new club, why is there a mad scramble for tickets for this game?

they're confident about this game which could work in our favour. hope we can put these fannies in their place

They will think our support is full of surrender monkeys.

Posted from another thread -

Let's look at the objectively. Heads up - the mrs is watching MIC and I'm on a rant stop now if you can't be arsed reading.

Mccoist will pick his regulars. Jig, law, black, Boyd and miller. Onto the ones who rightfully retain their place - Wallace and Macleod deserve to start, as does mcgregor.

That leaves us a team of

Simmo

Foster Mcgregor jig Wallace

??? Law black Macleod

Boyd miller.

The only place up for grabs is right mid. Could we see a return of Peralta after months on his arse? Smith on the left with Macleod on the right? Or temps playing on the right where he's massively ineffective, even more so without a rampaging fullback. Is Aird still out?

Other than Macleod, I'd swap everyone in that midfield for gomis and bauben. No questions asked. They'll have all the play in the middle, with Macleod trying to impact the game on his own, possibly with Law if he decided to turn up after a year and a half absence. But I doubt it.

He'll line up with smith left and Macleod right I reckon. And it'll be disgusting, imagine going to tynecastle, with any rangers team, and setting up like that? But we all know that's pretty close to the team.

Rather than go

Simmo

Anyone mcgregor jig( I suppose) Wallace

Hutton black

Macleod

Clark miller temps

He'll go with the first team. He'll ask smith "to do a job" or Peralta to "do a job" rather than asking Macleod, temps, Clark etc to dictate the game.

Bookmark this because I'm convinced he'll line up as I've stated. Classic McCoist shitebag tactics

Posted from another thread -

Let's look at the objectively. Heads up - the mrs is watching MIC and I'm on a rant stop now if you can't be arsed reading.

Mccoist will pick his regulars. Jig, law, black, Boyd and miller. Onto the ones who rightfully retain their place - Wallace and Macleod deserve to start, as does mcgregor.

That leaves us a team of

Simmo

Foster Mcgregor jig Wallace

??? Law black Macleod

Boyd miller.

The only place up for grabs is right mid. Could we see a return of Peralta after months on his arse? Smith on the left with Macleod on the right? Or temps playing on the right where he's massively ineffective, even more so without a rampaging fullback. Is Aird still out?

Other than Macleod, I'd swap everyone in that midfield for gomis and bauben. No questions asked. They'll have all the play in the middle, with Macleod trying to impact the game on his own, possibly with Law if he decided to turn up after a year and a half absence. But I doubt it.

He'll line up with smith left and Macleod right I reckon. And it'll be disgusting, imagine going to tynecastle, with any rangers team, and setting up like that? But we all know that's pretty close to the team.

Rather than go

Simmo

Anyone mcgregor jig( I suppose) Wallace

Hutton black

Macleod

Clark miller temps

He'll go with the first team. He'll ask smith "to do a job" or Peralta to "do a job" rather than asking Macleod, temps, Clark etc to dictate the game.

Bookmark this because I'm convinced he'll line up as I've stated. Classic McCoist shitebag tactics

It's not quite as simple as playing a team that is as attacking as possible, controlling play and winning the game.

This is a game that could be won or lost in the midfield. Hearts will come flying out of the traps the first 15-20 minutes, with the crowd roaring them on. We have to make sure that we keep it tight for that spell of the game and don't lose an early goal, because that could be a killer.

If the midfield sits off Hearts they will dominate possession and find a way to score goals.

They have struggled up front in the last couple of weeks but that’s due to Sow being out. I bet he’s back on Saturday.

Hearts have wily customers in the centre of midfield in Gomis and Buaben. Pacy wingers in King and Walker. They get their full backs forward too.

McCoist will have to send his team out to get in their faces from the first minute and stay there.

Do we have the players to do that? The fitness and energy to do that?

Bottom line is I see Macleod, Law and Black in the middle battling for possession and Miller on his own up front.

Maybe even McCulloch pushed forward in front of the back four with Mohsni coming in at centre-half.