***Hearts v Rangers***

G.E.C.

It's not quite as simple as playing a team that is as attacking as possible, controlling play and winning the game.

This is a game that could be won or lost in the midfield. Hearts will come flying out of the traps the first 15-20 minutes, with the crowd roaring them on. We have to make sure that we keep it tight for that spell of the game and don't lose an early goal, because that could be a killer.

this is what stops us from getting the early goal. Perhaps if thr dud picked players on merit then we wouldn't need to keep it tight against a bunch of kids that have haf 1 season together.

It's not quite as simple as playing a team that is as attacking as possible, controlling play and winning the game.

This is a game that could be won or lost in the midfield. Hearts will come flying out of the traps the first 15-20 minutes, with the crowd roaring them on. We have to make sure that we keep it tight for that spell of the game and don't lose an early goal, because that could be a killer.

I don't think that team is particularly attacking, it asks a lot of the two holding mids, but I'd say it's the most dynamic system we have with the current crop of players. Our midfield 3 need to stop gomis and bauben from starting attacks. Our front 3 need to put in a shift accross they're back 4, they always look to their fullbacks from goalkicks, with Macleod, the furthest forward midfielder, moving into the opposite flank to cut out the switch to the other fullback. They've got the long ball to sow in their locker too, it's a 50-50 ball, so our holding mids need to pick up the second ball and track runners.

What we'll see is a 4-5-1, probably with law black Macleod centrally, smith and another on the right. With miller upfront chasing lost causes. Keeping it tight and hearts will struggle to break us down, but we'll not trouble them in the slightest. Boring 1-nil win to hearts or a draw (tu)

I don't think that team is particularly attacking, it asks a lot of the two holding mids, but I'd say it's the most dynamic system we have with the current crop of players. Our midfield 3 need to stop gomis and bauben from starting attacks. Our front 3 need to put in a shift accross they're back 4, they always look to their fullbacks from goalkicks, with Macleod, the furthest forward midfielder, moving into the opposite flank to cut out the switch to the other fullback. They've got the long ball to sow in their locker too, it's a 50-50 ball, so our holding mids need to pick up the second ball and track runners.

What we'll see is a 4-5-1, probably with law black Macleod centrally, smith and another on the right. With miller upfront chasing lost causes. Keeping it tight and hearts will struggle to break us down, but we'll not trouble them in the slightest. Boring 1-nil win to hearts or a draw (tu)

You are correct if we play one up we will not win no chance if we have a go we may cause them bother, for me this he is a must win but Ally won't go foe it he will play for a draw and get beat.

Hearts will walk through our midfield, Ally might stick Jig in there.

I'd be all for that. Although not a natural midfielder he played well there last few times he was asked and popped a few goals in too. Our defence with potentially no regular left back due to injuries will need protected. If we let hearts run the midfield it will be a massacre.

Never easy against Hearts at Tynecastle. My heart says we'll beat them 3-2 with an outstanding performance. We are capable of it. My head says draw at best. The problem with us is that we're entirely unpredictable. If we wn and put in a good shift, then it could make our season. If not.... RM will be in meltdown I suspect. I honestly don't know how this match will end up.

As I said before he'll view it as must not lose rather than must win.

Tend to agree with you there mate. That sets us up for failure. If we get a goal behind early on... we'll chase the match opening us up. Why not just go out there.. dictate the pace, press them. We are The Rangers.. time we started to act like it.

3 days since a post on the official match thread?

Anyway, I see nothing other than a Gers victory tomorrow. Strangely I think this game will suit us despite the previous results at Ibrox against both the Edinburgh sides. Hearts are at home and will be expected to take the game to us. This should hopefully give space to our better players to exploit.

0-2 Rangers. Boyd and Miller.

Simonsen

Faure McGregor McCulloch Wallace

Aird Macleod Law Templeton

Clark Miller

I wont be picking boyd until he gets his shooting boots on, which will hopefully be soon. I would start temps just for the fact of his pace and he will be playing against hearts, so hopefully it will get him fired up a bit. I would put Zaliukas in there instead of McCulloch but he will never get dropped so I have to keep it kind of realistic. I know this team wont be picked because of the fact the team rarely ever changes unless there is a injury or something.