the minority have spoken it seems

KingKirk

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RANGERS supporters’ chiefs last night urged disgruntled fans to unite behind under-fire gaffer Ally McCoist.

The Ibrox boss came in for fierce criticism on Saturday after a 2-0 defeat at leaders Hearts left his side nine points behind in the Championship title race.

And the Light Blue legions appear to be split on club legend McCoist’s future in the Ibrox dugout.

Andy Kerr, president of the Rangers Supporters Assembly, said: “There’s a section who are unhappy and another section saying ‘No, that’s not the right thing to do.’

“Getting pressurised into a change isn’t always the right solution. I’m still very hopeful of going up.

“It’s going to be difficult to win the Championship but there’s a long way to go. I would hope everyone unites behind the manager and gives him the support he needs.

“I don’t think the club can afford to make a change at this stage anyway. The likelihood is that things will carry on so if that’s the case then people need to just get on with it.

“But regardless of the financial situation I would, without doubt, give him time.”

Rangers Supporters Association general secretary Drew Roberton also backed McCoist and said: “It’s about getting behind the manager. He has got from now until May and he can come good in that time.

“You don’t win titles in November. There’s a long way to go yet. We’ve been nine points behind at a later stage in the season than this before.

“We don’t know what’s around the corner and I wouldn’t be pressing the panic button yet. It’s only the end of November.

“There’s still about two-thirds of the season to go. I think people were just a bit frustrated on Saturday at the way the game went.

“Rangers were in total control until Steven Smith was sent off.

“You don’t want to be disrespectful to the opposition in the previous two divisions but because of that maybe people thought this season would be an easy ride and Rangers would just coast it.”

:lol:

These cunts are beyond help.

McCoist can fuck off and take those deluded muppets with him.

I'm not defending Ally. I want him gone before the Killie game in fact. But why do people keep saying this? Are you all assuming that Hearts are going to go unbeaten? <cr> The chances of that are pretty slim, in my opinion.

No but we wont go unbeaten and to try get back 9 points and also need to score more goals as they have better goal diff is very much an up hill battle. The fact is we played an under strength herts team and couldnt beat them at ibrox or at their ground.

have you seen gorams article in the sun ? the heading is something else

I'm sick of hearing the weak arguments from the few that want him to stay, these people do not give 2 shits about our club...they care about their wee hero or pal.

Fuck them, arseholes.

Is it any surprise that the supports flooding in for him now in the tarrier infested media? They need him in charge for as long as possible so 10IAR can become a walk in the park for them. It's really time for full scale protests, banners, ANYTHING to get this clown away from our club as soon as possible or we may never catch them.

At the start of the season I was in the belief of giving McCoist until Christmas, Christ was I deluded naive fool.

I amazed anyone can still back him after the recent results, bizarre team choices, team tactics and the Ebola crisis.

I'm not defending Ally. I want him gone before the Killie game in fact. But why do people keep saying this? Are you all assuming that Hearts are going to go unbeaten? <cr> The chances of that are pretty slim, in my opinion.

Their record is better than us. What gives you confidence that they'll lose 3 more games than us? They played us with 3 first team players out and still won.

I just don't understand where this optimism comes from our why people think Hearts are going to collapse.

Have we improved since McCoist took over?

Do you enjoy the way Rangers play the game?

Has he nurtured young talent? (Not in a Torbett way)

Does he give youth a chance? (again, not in a Torbett way)

Has he allowed players who are better than we have to leave on loan?

Do you agree with his 73rd minute substitution regardless of how the game is panning out?

Do you like the long ball game?

Do you like his tactics, such as taking off Miller and bringing on Forster?

Have we beaten an Edinburgh side this season?

Do you think Rangers FC, with the 2nd highest wage bill should be in a 2nd place dogfight with QotS?

I could go on, but you've probably guessed by now, I think Ally is the worst manager in our history and will probably always be so.

I'm sick of hearing the weak arguments from the few that want him to stay, these people do not give 2 shits about our club...they care about their wee hero or pal.

Fuck them, arseholes.

He states he is not giving up yet because we blew a 15 point lead once and so this is far from over. completely ignoring the fact that it was McCoist who blew the 15 point lead in question.

He states he is not giving up yet because we blew a 15 point lead once and so this is far from over. completely ignoring the fact that it was McCoist who blew the 15 point lead in question.

Is that what one of these two geniuses said?? Absolutely priceless. There's nothing funnier than unintentional comedy!!

Obviously Andy isn't a RM member.

Or follow follow.

Or goes to games.

Or speaks to other fans.

Or hasn't had his head anywhere but in the sand for the past 3 years.

"leave oor pal ally aloneeeeee".

andy travels up for every game from Yorkshire so to claim he doesn't attend games is way off the mark. As for his assertion that e need to give ally more backing. No thanks he's had 3 years to prove to me he will never be a good enough coach for our team.

Even if they do drop 9 points, what makes you think we will go without dropping any? I dont see Hearts dropping any more points than we do, theres nothing to suggest we can catch hearts, and theres nothing to suggest that Hearts are reaching their peak. We can only take 6 points off them now and thats unlikely, who else is a major threat to them?

Clinging to the hope that hearts will drop more points than us is similar to those clinging to the hope Ally will turn it around, its a nice thought, but not looking at all likely.