STV(): SFA want showdown talks with Mike Ashley

OlegKuznetsov

There is no "rule".

Apparently, there was an bi-lateral (2-way) "agreement" (or a "committment") between Ashley and the SFA that he would not go over 10% ownership or exert too much "influence" on the club.

Personally, I think this agreement should be torn-up (either ignored, broken, or "re-negotiated") and that he should press-ahead and consolidate his position at Rangers with greater ownership and control.

I've stopped waiting around for "Rangers men". I've been waiting around for them for 3+ years.

Ashley is the man I'm looking to see take the lead in driving the club back to the top and I'd be delighted if he takes a greater interest in Rangers.

That's my opinion.

I like your opinion. (tu)

Maybe they just want to explain to him in a businesslike way how they have manged to create a freefall in attendances, gate receipts, advertising revenue and customer satisfaction in their main product over the last four years and justify why they would choose to continue in this fashion.

It's well known that Scottish football as a whole needs Rangers back at the top, aye even the tims need us, yet Regan want's to know Ashley's intentions, so if Ashley says, Aye I want to take over Rangers, Regan then says but you can't do that, we have a rule.

Ashley should say....Change your fuckin rule then, you've done it before.

There is no "rule".

Apparently, there was a bi-lateral (2-way) "agreement" (or a "committment") between Ashley and the SFA that he would not go over 10% ownership or exert too much "influence" on the club.

Personally, I think this agreement should be torn-up (either ignored, broken, or "re-negotiated") and that he should press-ahead and consolidate his position at Rangers with greater ownership and control.

I've stopped waiting around for "Rangers men". I've been waiting around for them for 3+ years.

Ashley is the man I'm looking to see take the lead in driving the club back to the top and I'd be delighted if he takes a greater interest in Rangers.

Lastly, Regan (and the SFA, and the SPL for that matter) are not to be trusted. These are people who seized on the opportunity to send Rangers to the bottom tier of Scottish football when the club was at its weakest.

That's my opinion.

So which one are you? Imran? Jack? :BELM:

There is no "rule".

Apparently, there was a bi-lateral (2-way) "agreement" (or a "committment") between Ashley and the SFA that he would not go over 10% ownership or exert too much "influence" on the club.

Lastly, Regan (and the SFA, and the SPL for that matter) are not to be trusted. These are people who seized on the opportunity to send Rangers to the bottom tier of Scottish football when the club was at its weakest.

That's my opinion.

Renegotiate fuck all. In UEFA rules he can buy as many clubs as he likes, but they cannot play in the same competition. Tell them to get to fuck. In fact no. Tell them fuck all, ignore the bastards and just buy us. What the fuck can they do?

Renegotiate fuck all. In UEFA rules he can buy as many clubs as he likes, but they cannot play in the same competition. Tell them to get to fuck. In fact no. Tell them fuck all, ignore the bastards and just buy us. What the fuck can they do?

I think it was Roger Hannah on Clyde 1 who said exactly that tonight...the SFA have no power to do anything as all Ashley needs to do is play dumb that he only has a shareholding of approx 9% and no power.

In addition also mentioned that really this is some fantasy rule from the SFA that doesn't exist in any other jurisdiction and basically there was no way they would prevent Ashley keeping the club going.

Fair point.

The kind of "re-negotiation" I was thinking of was Ashley saying "I'm going for more ownership now" and them saying "ok".

Or perhaps them saying, "Aye, you can go ahead" and him saying "ok".

There is no "rule".

That's my opinion.

Mate you're being unfair to the Rangers men, they have not had enough time to find someone else to buy the club and give them full control.

Just another half a decade and someone will come along, just have faith.....

The only converstion that MA should have with the utterly discredited and untrustworthy Regan is to do what Rangers should have done years ago after the wretched debaucle over our being dumped to Div 3 and license to play and all the 'commercial' deals that we found ourselves having to accept. And that is simply to demand Regan's immediate resignation and replacement by a suitable person that Rangers believes they could trust and do business with. Should be a short meeting.

They just want their ego stroked, it's a non-story. Although to the fans that slated the SFA for not performing their fit and proper person checks on Whyte, shouldn't you be happy that the scrutiny is in place on people wanting control of the club now?

The problem is, that the MA deal is not about him being a fit and proper person, it's more about how to fuck us again and leak privileged info to that reptile lieswell. Uner what rule did they have in the first place in limiting/agreeing a max. 10% investment It should never even have been mentioned. Why is Ashley so special to them? He isn't even a Director. Mad Vlad of hertz was never put under any scrutiny as he wasn't a Director. Sure he was the outright owner as he was the majority investor, his son was the MD and obviously fully influenced by his father, but still they had no jurisdiction over him, nor even tried to, as they have no powers to do in such a scenario. So why are we so special? I will say by their/rhegan's hatred of us and he will do everything in his power just to keep the reigns tight enough on us to ensure that we never be top dogs during his reign, just to make sure his beloved paedo fc and bum chum lieswell are always on top.

They are a shower of reptile bigot bastards and that spineless excuse of a President, needs hung for allowing that cunt Rhegan to illegally rape us unhindered. He is worse than a taig.

The SFA / Reagan / Lawwell are running scared at the moment. Due to the upcoming trial of the four that have been charged recently and the trial of CW when he's arrested.

As to the their various levels of involvement in the fraudulent demise of our club.

Reagan and the SFA's garnering of our prize money and then the number of financial imposts forced on us before they allowed us a licence to play in Scotland.

They and the majority of the then SPL clubs used the situation to put the boot in, all in the name of sporting integrity, while crying we don't need Rangers our fans will come out and back us with bums on seats.

DIDN'T FUCKIN HAPPEN DID IT YOU PRICKS.

Now you and Scottish football need a strong Rangers or you're all going down the chute.

I hope MA bends you over collectively and fucks you up the arse with the rough end of a pineapple.

Ashley is very sensibly playing softly softly catchy monkey with the SFA.

Behind the scenes, out of the public eye (God, how good it feels to be able to talk about anything Rangers that way), I am sure his people will be pointing out the advantages of letting Ashley take over.

Not to mention the disadvantages of getting in the way.

The SFA will get a face saving request which they will grant, no doubt with some face saving meaningless conditions, and quite possibly a wee side deal with Ashley to sponsor something or other.

With an organisation as corrupt as the SFA, their biggest problem is they only look out for themselves, and as they aren't too bright, they leave skeletons in the cupboard.

For example, imagine they decided to block Ashleys takeover. This pleases their masters and shows the media they aren't weak like they were portrayed. (portrayed that way for that very reason)

Ashleys team say "Okey dokey Stewart, we understand you need to be seen to uphold the rules. Now about these land deals, we 've been looking into......."

"Hold on guys, Did I say Ashley couldn't take over ?.......Silly me, what was I thinking, I meant to say of course he can."

If that doesn't work there is the treatment during admin, the 5 way agreement, the money wrongfully withheld. I'm sure Ashleys people would bury the SFA with all the ammo they'd find in there.

A sloppy, corrupt institution only gets away with blatant wrongdoing as long as nobody can afford to take them to task. Ashley has bottomless pockets and a team of sharks that could dig to china in a week. They'd bust the SFA on their lunch hour.

Regan is well aware of all this, which is why it will never happen. Dave Whelan of JJB sports tried to block Ashley once. They went bust and Ashley now owns JJB sports.

You would do very well to learn from that Mr Regan.

Having watched it I would hold fire here.

They are clearly talking, as I expected they would, and Regan clearly sees scottish football is screwed if they get in the road, so I'd wait and see what comes of the talks. The SFA are in no position to do much, but will want their honour satisfied. Some kind of deal will be thrashed out.

If not, they are starting a fight to the death they can't win. We have the moral highground and all the ammo. The SFA have brought a knife to a gun fight. :lol:

Here endeth the lesson