What was your reaction?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything was wrong with last night's performance: positioning, tactics, individual skill, teamwork, application, effort, drive....it was really a perfect storm of how to play a match.

We were sarcastically told in Div 2 and DIv 3 that performances didn't matter becasue we were winning by a big points margin but real football supporters could easily see the faults appearing early on.

Nothing really improved at all since and now we arent winning games and neither are the performances any better.

Walter should stop giving Ally bad advice about ignoring the criticism, sometimes its necessary and positive.

Even before they scored, those players were demonstrating the core problem, the one I knew all along and only secretly admitted to myself, hoping the time in the earlier leagues had taught our management and players enough to make it at this level.

All the criticisms of team selection, organisation and preparation were right. I just hoped the penny would drop with the management and players. It surely must have.

But that woeful, half-hearted first half was followed by the usual wee rush after the interval.

This time we got a goal and took some confidence, play well for a bit and went on to make it 2-0.

At that point you knew it was all a matter of attitude.

Would they keep it going or would they let it slip? Previous evidence told us enough, especially against these organised and diligent part timers.

So when the first Alloa goal went in, I simply thought "Oh, here we go again!" My anger was minimal and dwarfed by my sense of resignation.

He had stumbled upon a pretty solid back four, largely due to the reliability of McGregor at centre back. Yet, for a must win game and the biggest of season, he brought back Mohsni, who managed to evade criticism that day due to Smith's foolishly rash unprofessionalism. A 3-0 victory over a top tier team hid his half dozen errors and he stayed in the team.

Last night he was at the centre of all the big mistakes, although others are not by any means blameless.

So overall it was mainly resignation, but with a hope that it might bring some good in the form or change.

I felt a glimmer of hope that it may mean that we would get rid of our manager.

Same here but then reality kicked in and I knew he'd just dig his heels in and nobody would have the b***s to sack him.

Also, I'm ashamed to say as a Bear of 60 years, a sense of relief that Alloa had finished it in normal time and I wouldn't have to suffer another 30 minutes of watching that bunch of chancers. I truly never believed in a million years that I would think like that about my team. It just shows you what McCoist and his underperforming players have done. They're slowly ripping the love I have of watching Rangers out of me and it makes me feel truly awful.

Same here but then reality kicked in and I knew he'd just dig his heels in and nobody would have the b***s to sack him.

Also, I'm ashamed to say as a Bear of 60 years, a sense of relief that Alloa had finished it in normal time and I wouldn't have to suffer another 30 minutes of watching that bunch of chancers. I truly never believed in a million years that I would think like that about my team. It just shows you what McCoist and his underperforming players have done. They're slowly ripping the love I have of watching Rangers out of me and it makes me feel truly awful.

Folk will deny it as it doesn't seem the Rangers thing to do but speaking for myself, I can't wait until this is over.

If that means taking another couple of defeats in the league then good, we can finally move forward as a club and prosper.

Every day he remains in charge and every 4-0 victory that papers over the cracks is destroying the football club.

anger and disgust at a man who will be sadly remembered as an absolute shambles of a manager rather than one of the greatest players ever to wear the Royal Blue jersey, who is unable to do anything about the disgraceful peformances and the shameful attitude that is running through our team at the moment. like many i can accept defeat if effort and energy is put in but unfortunately like so many of our recent horror shows both have sadly been lacking