Newcastle Lads To Play Every Game

PrsosPonytail

KENNY MCDOWALL cast his eye over new loan signings Gael Bigirimana and Haris Vuckic for the first time in training at Murray Park today and was impressed with what he saw.

The two midfielders took part in their first training session this morning while Remie Streete worked with the Club physio Steve Walker separately as he has just came back from a slight injury.

McDowall lead the session this morning as the squad continued to prepare for the Scottish Cup match against Raith Rovers on Sunday at Ibrox and he was impressed with the way the new players are integrating already.

He said, "The boys came in and took part in their first session this morning. They've met the rest of the lads and have settled in well."

"Gael is very bright and was lively in the training session. He is a good football player as I would expect them all to be. They all just need to get to know their new teammates and get settled in to the place."

"Vuckic scored an excellent goal in training today and seeing that was more than welcome. The lads are all good players and we've welcomed them all into the squad."

McDowall will continue to work the players in the next few days ahead of the game at the weekend and said that it's too early to say whether they will feature against Raith this Sunday.

He explained, "All of the new boys are in the squad for Sunday and at the moment it's too early to say if any would be involved in the game. As ever, we'll have a look at the end of the week and see who is fully fit and who is not."

"It sets a challenge to other players as their standards will have to be a bit higher now that the squad is a bit bigger - so it's good competition to have. It's the nature of a club like Rangers that you have to compete for places and it's up to you once you're in there to keep that place in the team."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headli...ling-in-nicely

As much as I would like to see them play, I'm very uncomfortable that a CEO and Ned are picking our team.

If they don't think Kenny is up to the job then fine, but replace him with a qualified manager or someone who knows the game. Even promote one of the senior players.

Send one of the backroom staff from Newcastle on secondment even.

Businessmen playing football manager is not on though.

What's next? Raffle at the match to pick someone out the crowd to manage?

Our club is a shambles.

exactly what I said.

love the spin you've already put on this!! Do you think its acceptable that the manager of rangers is told who to play by a 9% shareholder? Even by your standards this us mad

Do you think it's acceptable for this leech to continue to pick the same under performing muppets week in week out.

If he's not happy about it he can do us all a favour and fuck off.

love the spin you've already put on this!! Do you think its acceptable that the manager of rangers is told who to play by a 9% shareholder? Even by your standards this us mad

Normally you'd be right. The fact is, McDowell has resigned, he shouldn't be there, and our current crop have been truly disgraceful in their performances. These guys cannot make us worse but damn sure, if McDowell wasn't told to play them, they'd sit on the bench while McDowell continued playing these fraudsters he calls first team footballers

I would hope that McDowall would pick them if good enough but seeing the same team week in and week out regardless of performance means he and mccoist need their eyes testing. A big call from the board this, I've heard that vuckic and Steele are good enough but let's hope all 5 improve our shambolic 1st 11

On the face of it any manager shouldn't be told who to play and when to play them and frankly although I am all for playing these guys immediately, I am uncomfortable that this is the way its being done. However, our existing players are failures and should be replaced wholesale if possible - Kenny should have had no qualms about making the decision himself to play all 5 anyway in that respect as the present team are woeful - but he has effectively removed himself from the decision making process by working his notice.

This! Exactly how it is

Yes, no manager should be told who to pick.....but he seems to need all the help he can get.

You watched us play? For too long we've watched ally and McDowell pick players, formations, subs and tactics that have led to the most turgid football ever witness at ibrox.

I'll happily see an international who has played regularly in the championship for two seasons, another who is an international and played 30 times for a prem team, an England under 20 international and two young hungry defenders...can't be any worse that black, Hutton, foster et al can it?

I agree, I won't be able to judge them until I see them play. But you wouldn't imagine the likes of hutton Black Law and Foster getting rave reviews down at Newcastle, so there must be something special about them.

The only thing I would say though is that McDowall would have to be told who to play in order to play them, as he wouldn't want to offend his pal ally to much. As for the newcastle boys I hope they do well?

Kenny isn't a manager, if anything he's a head coach.

Not many managers these days have their say on who comes in as that's usually done by the people above.

Kenny said he didn't want to be here, he chucked it so he can hardly be suprised the people at the club don't trust his motives since he has jacked it in already.

However it's not right that someone is told who to pick although it happens at other clubs.

The saving grace here is the players in the first 11 are fucking pish so if anything these 5 players will give more to the team than the bottlers who are 16 points behind a shite Hearts team.

Tbh in any other circumstance I would feel that was not right but I am sick of the same old duds getting picked. At least we will see 5 changes come the weekend. Can't be any worse than those we have. Also if the current players aren't happy it's there own fault. We are in the position that we need help to even get promotion. Our current players are a bunch of slackers and losers.

Sadly this one has just made Kenny look like a twat and even moreso in that the leak is attributed to him! I'd play fatty Easdale and Llambias ahead of Jig and Black at the moment yet Kenny admits to the press that he has to be told to play some younger, fitter and probably more skilled signings!

Agree with Godfather, players coming without the manager knowing while isn't ideal, it's not uncommon.

Yes it's slightly worrying that McDowell isn't picking the team and it may cause some friction between the Newcastle players and the other squad members but they don't really have a leg to stand on after they're own performances this season.

Surely all five of these players are better than we already have or at least on par and have the right to play ahead of the ones that have failed anyway.