One More Season In The Championship?

I agree, panic buying is not the way forward for Rangers. A long term strategic vision to take back the crown of top flight football in Scotland should be the be all, end all.

Maybe Rangers could adopt a similar "Black Box" approach to running the club like Southampton do making sure anyone who comes into the club is identified well in advance. It seems the correct way to move forward and it avoids panic scenarios.

I understand now the immediate reasons for needing to be back in the top flight and hopefully everyone's in the midst of a new successful era.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, panic buying is not the way forward for Rangers. A long term strategic vision to take back the crown of top flight football in Scotland should be the be all, end all.

Maybe Rangers could adopt a similar "Black Box" approach to running the club like Southampton do making sure anyone who comes into the club is identified well in advance. It seems the correct way to move forward and it avoids panic scenarios.

I understand now the immediate reasons for needing to be back in the top flight and hopefully everyone's in the midst of a new successful era.

youth please

Its sadly looking more and more likely we will stay in this league for at least another year. We are a dreadful team, in a dreadful league and are simply not good enough to go up.

Its only been one game and I realise he said he had to give guys a chance, but McCalls team selection and the way we approach the game was all too predictable. Unfortunately I dont think we have the time to implement the radical change thats needed. I am not going to blame McCall though - at least he came in a gave it a go.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that we have what is needed to get through these playoffs.

I see little point in going up if we are going to get gubbed on a regular basis and simply to return to the lower division.

I believe the gates will not fall if the support can see progress being made and a future that we can all identify with through

the younger players,we can no long buy our way out of trouble. In an ideal world we should go up and hit the league

running with a change to compete

What you want and what you get are two different things.I think most Rangers fans dont want us to spend another season in the championship but given the squad we have and some of the past managerial fuck ups it is up in the air now.Do these men have the guts and fight to get us back up,well time will tell.

No.

Why the fuck do people think this could possibly be a good thing? We'd be very, very lucky to survive.

Fear of going up and getting battered can be the only reason some feel this is better.

Id rather go up and get turned over than stagnate in this division feeding on scraps to survive month to month.

We will need to rebuild no matter what so why not in the top league? We might not get there but to actually want to remain where we are is mental.

We cannot go another year in the championship for many reasons.

King and mini may soft soap it to lower fans expectation and the subsequent backlash, but it is simply unthinkable.

who will absorb the losses for another year ? Even if kingco do, that will knock a big hole in their finances for next year.

We will be a year further away from any euro cash.

The tims have another year of league, cup and euro cash open to them and will only strengthen them.

Fan numbers will dwindle esp if we dont improve dramatically.

Signing players will become harder.

There is still no guarantee of going up.

I can't see any way another year is economically viable. The only reason kingco is mentioning it is because it is a very real possibility so they have to.

I don't think we will go up, but as Rangers, we need to go up at the earliest opportunity. If McCall can somehow manage to drag this lot out of their lethargy and get us up, we will need an entire new squad for next season. The thing is this mob know they are getting dumped at the end of the season, and couldn't give a toss whether we go up or not.

It's looking less and less likely that we will go up, there's even a chance that we won't make a play-off place, QoS and falkirk are right behind us and on form it looks like hibs will beat us to 2nd place.

With all that's gone on this season both on and off the pitch, do you think one more season in the Championship and a proper go at rebuilding with youth could be a blessing in disguise, or is it promotion at all costs?

Obviously the other mob add to their tainted trophy cabinet each year and catch up on the 54 but maybe there's a bigger picture at play. If there's an opportunity to build on youth rather than what McCoist did with the old men and scumbags like Black that after the betting affair should never have pulled on the shirt again.

Thoughts chaps?

It'd be a silver lining on a very dark cloud. I'd rather we gain promotion though.

Whether we go up or not we will need a rebuild. I would like to keep SMcC and let him rebuild us; he done well with Motherwell when he had a half decent budget. Out of contract players will free up money, if we get 10Mill on top, then we could build a good team. The question to me is, has King included the out of contract players wages in his 10 Mill calculation or is it on top of that?

I would say to SMcC to start identifying players to come in, in each position and put down an attractive way of playing. I think that he will have to do that in the Championship as these duds are not good enough to get us out via the playoffs.

I think we can rebuild in the Premiership or the Championship but would prefer to do it in the Premiership.

Fear of going up and getting battered can be the only reason some feel this is better.

Id rather go up and get turned over than stagnate in this division feeding on scraps to survive month to month.

We will need to rebuild no matter what so why not in the top league? We might not get there but to actually want to remain where we are is mental.

I agree with what your saying, but what if we go up and end up getting relegated? Then in 2 years we're back where we started. I know its totally unlikely that that will happen but nothing would surprise me with our squad.

We'll get absolutely battered by Aberdeen, the tims, Dundee Hibs etc, im not worried about that its inevitable.

We should just be focusing on repairing the damage done by McCoist and McDowell, getting a squad that can perform. Regardless of what league we're in next year.

I agree with what your saying, but what if we go up and end up getting relegated? Then in 2 years we're back where we started. I know its totally unlikely that that will happen but nothing would surprise me with our squad.

We'll get absolutely battered by Aberdeen, the tims, Dundee Hibs etc, im not worried about that its inevitable.

We should just be focusing on repairing the damage done by McCoist and McDowell, getting a squad that can perform. Regardless of what league we're in next year.

What happens if we keep on with McCall and he does what he done with Motherwell come 2nd, it will be European football in 2 years time.

I would rather go up and finish mid table than languish here again.

It is all down to how far McCall can improve them in the next two months, but I am dismayed at how unresponsive some of these players are. New directors, no reaction. New management, no reaction.

They're like dead men walking.