Dave King Is Full Of Shite

GOAT

Mark Wotte was nothing but a youth coach during his time with the SFA spending his time visiting secondary schools and working with the U14 & 15 & 16 national sides. Can you name some of the other staff who worked with him during his time there?

I know his name because he has been in the papers a good bit since he came as well as on here having been linked to us. I would struggle to name all the SPL and championship managers though!

Strikes me as lazy that DK does not know him...surely he should have knowledge of the Scottish game and who has been linked with us.....after all he is appointing a manager!!!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easdale and co would have been absolutely slaughtered if they'd stayed and acted the same as King has so far

Spot on , its amazing that even now after all the times we have been mugged by shysters , there are still some who can't spot them.

What if that amount aint enough? Fuck it basically aye?

Dave king has said he and his investors will put in whatever it takes over the next 3years to get us back challenging the beasts..am sure that figure will work out at 20+million by the end of that period

Why don't they make sure it's enough and whatever they get from ST's is a bonus.

Both of whom are currenly owed loans back from their respective clubs. Ashley, has loaned every penny he's ever gave newcastle. (127m) Chelsea currently owe abramovich over £1bn

Money they knew they would never get back.

I don't believe King wants to lose money. He wants to make it.

He was the SFAs fucking performance director for the last three years ! If he genuinely didnt know who he was then that is just absolute madness . I suspect he was saying that with his tongue firmly in his cheek right enough

and the performance director role was that of a glorified youth coach going to the various 'performance schools' and working with school kids. He rarely worked with anything over u18's.

What we are looking at is him spending the season ticket money topped up with his own(maybe) money.

I would have hoped that he would have already put money towards improving Ibrox and setting up some sort of scouting system, but maybe he is waiting for a new managers input.

The OP is far too dramatic but it's understandable why people are pissed off with it. It's a lot of talking.

He is very well known around the world, especially in European football circles having managed in several different countries and the fact he worked with the SFA makes it even more galling that King didn't know him. I think it is quite shameful he doesn't know who he is. It's all starting to add up.

Bring Paul Murray on board. Asking Walter Smith for managerial appointment advice. Doesn't know Mark Wotte. Still no manager. And won't be for another week.

He doesn't know anything about the game of football or the running of a football club.

Remind me please, who is our CEO?

He's managed in Holland (up until 2000) before very brief stints in Romania, Qatar, Egypt and England. His CV is hardly a glittering one. His stint at the SFA has been the longest he's had anywhere in quarter of a century and even that wasn't even a full three years.

1983–1988 VV Rijswijk 1992 ADO Den Haag 1994–1996 FC Lisse 1996–1998 ADO Den Haag 1998–2000 FC Utrecht 2000-2000 FC Den Bosch 2000–2002 Netherlands U-21 2002–2004 Willem II Tilburg 2006 Ismaily 2006–2007 RKC Waalwijk 2007–2008 Al Ahli 2009 Southampton 2010 Universitatea Craiova 2010–2011 Ismaily 2011–2014 Scottish FA

What we are looking at is him spending the season ticket money topped up with his own(maybe) money.

I would have hoped that he would have already put money towards improving Ibrox and setting up some sort of scouting system, but maybe he is waiting for a new managers input.

The OP is far too dramatic but it's understandable why people are pissed off with it. It's a lot of talking.

The season ticket money will be nowhere near enough to do what he said will be done.

He stated quite clearly that for at least 3 years there will need to be substantial investment for that rebuilding over and above what comes in

Easdale and co would have been absolutely slaughtered if they'd stayed and acted the same as King has so far

Yup.

The megaphone man would have had his flat-bed lorry (loaned for free, it is claimed), banners and his tiny band of activists demonstrating at every McGill's bus route throughout the west coast and Glasgow......they would have demanded transparency, transparency and transparency and shouts of "boycott" wouldn't be far from their lips.

Mr Glib & Shameless is transparent though.

Rangers supporters throughout the land can see right through him. :angry:

It was also announced on the club website where he states

“We must do everything necessary to make sure Rangers wins the Championship title at the end of this coming season and I, along with other investors, will provide the finances to support the manager in this objective. Figures will be included in the season-ticket letters.”

If the fans buy the ST's and get the £12-13m he mentioned do you think he'll top it off with his £30m?

No. He's hoping the fans bail them out. Sell out season tickets, what planet is he on? As has been obvious from the start he wants to use everyone else's £.

DK thinks we'll get £13-14 million in ST sales. But he also wants the new manager to buy players who will still be with us a year or two into the Premiership. Players of that calibre won't come cheap. So it's reasonable to think that most of the ST money will go into buying players very soon. Great.

But how will the club sustain itself as we head into the new season ? The merchandise revenue is limited, we'll still be losing money, not a great deal in the scheme of things but a loss is a loss. DK & T3B will cover that, it's marginal to them at those levels.

DK thinks we might be able to sort out the shares listing within 3-4 months. So it'll be what, December/January for a new share offering ? Sure, RF & BuyRangers should have a tidy sum stacked up by then. They'll eagerly participate. But we won't need a huge amount of money then, not unless the team is performing miserably and we need new talent urgently. Any money we need at that point is just for general expenses until next Summer. DK will use that opportunity to convert his existing loans into shares, better consolidating his position & that of T3B.

The bigger share offering will come this time next year, as we get promoted.

DK doesn't actually need to put much money in with this plan. No-one does.

If we had got a permanent manager in when he arrived we would probably have gone up ... there was just to much uncertainty with so many players out of contract AND a caretaker boss