Nicky Law: I Feel Pity For Loyal Axed Players

They failed to get us promoted. Something which was the bare minimum expected of them last season.

For that alone our fans have every right to be resentful towards them.

(tu)

I'm sure Law was talking about needing a 'break' half way through the season at our club too.

Never mind the paying customer who pays his wages to see him and his teammates perform like pub league players.

Respect is a two way street and you need to EARN it, Law and co have not earned it so far.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They earn it by playing for the Rangers - the default position is not "He's a cunt"

Just pulling on the jersey does not automatically earn you the right of respect. Respect is gained after showing commitment to the team, the club and the support. Law has NOT shown SUFFICIENT commitment in any of these categories in his time at the club. I am willing to give him a chance under MW's new regimen and find out if he can indeed flourish. However, someone at the club should be laying out a set of ground rules regarding players interviews with journalists. We, the support, have endured 3/4 years of negative press in respect of our club, and players who have been retained from those years should be CONSTANTLY reminded of their roles in this failure as this only fuels the supporters fury at their distinct lack of effort/passion and commitment towards the club.

I disagree - as long as he remains a Rangers player he has earnt my respect - after all he is living my dream - doing something I never had the aptitude/skill to do.

But if you think he, along with all the others, have earned the right to be called 'cunts' then you go ahead and show your 'support' in that manner. It says little about them, and a lot about you.

Strange views.

I disagree - as long as he remains a Rangers player he has earnt my respect - after all he is living my dream - doing something I never had the aptitude/skill to do.

But if you think he, along with all the others, have earned the right to be called 'cunts' then you go ahead and show your 'support' in that manner. It says little about them, and a lot about you.

So you respect someone regardless as long as they are Rangers players?

What if their conduct is poor, and they don't respect the club, fans or the jersey? What about if the bet against the club? Still to be respected?

No for me.

It's a non-story that's for sure, but him having doing it says that he doesn't even fit what W&W are looking for as regards commitment from his players.

All will be revealed in the coming season at how many games he gets, but as we're not overloaded with players just now, he should get plenty of games.

Winter window may change that though!

Having read the article, it's a total non-story. Just some journalist stirring up shite.

He'll be a different player this season. He was shite last year and was still comfortably our top scorer.

This. Innocuous interview. Shit stirring headline. Desired effect in RM.

Some folk could do with being less easily annoyed.

This. Innocuous interview. Shit stirring headline. Desired effect in RM.

Some folk could do with being less easily annoyed.

Agreed, we are almost as easily offended as Tims and that is not a good place to be.

Naw, tell me he never really said "They're all good pros"

If there's anything at all that they weren't last season, or even the seasons before that is "all good pros"

FFS Nicky get back to training and geez aw peace.

Was just about to say this, can't believe it's took 4 pages before somebody picked up on it. Good pro's ???? Fuck off.

Don't think what he said is particularly bad, but hes a player a wouldn't want at the club.

Yes that's right ! Pull on the jersey,play shite , don't give a hundred percent and collect a kings ransom for doing so .

He deserves Respect , don't talk pish.

Just pulling on the jersey does not automatically earn you the right of respect. Respect is gained after showing commitment to the team, the club and the support. Law has NOT shown SUFFICIENT commitment in any of these categories in his time at the club. I am willing to give him a chance under MW's new regimen and find out if he can indeed flourish. However, someone at the club should be laying out a set of ground rules regarding players interviews with journalists. We, the support, have endured 3/4 years of negative press in respect of our club, and players who have been retained from those years should be CONSTANTLY reminded of their roles in this failure as this only fuels the supporters fury at their distinct lack of effort/passion and commitment towards the club.

.. And that justify calling him a cunt - a current player - who we will need to win the promotion - we support him and the team by finding it acceptable to call him a cunt !

So you respect someone regardless as long as they are Rangers players?

What if their conduct is poor, and they don't respect the club, fans or the jersey? What about if the bet against the club? Still to be respected?

No for me.

Law bet against the club? Blacks a wee nerd but calling law a cunt? Jig. Cunt ? Boyd a cunt foster a cunt ? That's acceptable? Laws a current player- that we need during the season but your way of supporting is to argue that calling him a cunt is acceptable ?

So calling our players cunts is not strange but supporting then and respecting those that play for the jersey is 'strange' - now that is strange!

The guys who should be getting the respect is the fans who are paying his inflated wages. If we feel that he/others haven't done enough to earn our respect then fair enough. Calling players Cunts etc? I can see why people feel like that.

The minute a player is signed by the club I will support them....respect them? By how he plays, the way he conducts himself and a few others personality traits will then earn my respect. Guys who are among the luckiest players, due to circumstance, to wear our shirt, don't get my respect just by being a part of the squad. I find it incredible you say ''as long as he remains a Rangers player he gets my respect''. If Ian Black was lucky enough to be sitting on a year longer contract I would find it verging on disgraceful that he would still be earning your respect.