Strangest Game You Have Been To......

Laudrup1984

not actually a Rangers game,ended up at ayr v killie new year game at Somerset,it was Brian Mcginlays first game after coming out the closet,to hear two sets of fans usually hellbent on killing each other joining in with each others songs about him was just surreal

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good shout. We were playing St Mirren and you almost felt all we had to do was turn up, which of course isn't the right attitude, but I think that's how most felt nonetheless. However, when we went down to 9 there was a realisation, that shit, we might fucking lose to St Mirren in a cup final, and not only that they were heavy favourites to win at that stage, especially if it went into extra time.

Quite a remarkable win in the context of what went on..........

Is that the game where the seagull gave an assist for Miller?

Brechin after admin. Walked in, id heard about the hedge, then there it was :lol: the realisation that these are the kind of grounds wed be going to.

Queens Park away to, the amount of Bears at an away game made it a kind of strange atmosphere

semi final against kilmarnock mid 60,s we were 3or4 up and cruiusing they came at us and i think it went to 4..3 then wee scored a 5th they came back again missed a header from a corner and nearly equalised it finished 5..4 tommy mclean did us some damage that night real cup tie ..

For all the wrong reasons......v's Hamilton in 87 in the cup.

We totally and utterly outplayed them all day long. Chris Woods set the world record for time without conceding a goal, so there was a real air of celebration. We had chance after chance but the ball just wouldn't go in. Then THAT goal went in! :anguish:

^^^^^

Ivan fucking Sproule.

Ye couldnae make it up. :anguish:

We totally and utterly outplayed them all day long. Chris Woods set the world record for time without conceding a goal, so there was a real air of celebration. We had chance after chance but the ball just wouldn't go in. Then THAT goal went in! :anguish:

^^^^^

Ivan fucking Sproule.

Adrian Sprott... even.

Winning at Rugby Park to win the League, I was really nervous before the game then within 5 minutes, the nervs disappeared. The game didn't seem 90 minutes, flew past.

Absolute bedlam when the first 3 goals went in. They are up there with Edu's goal in the last minute at Ibrox against Them.

Strangest in a good way 1-0 vs the taigs at Parkhead late 90's.

Boy I used to go to school with that bumped into had a Celtic season ticket and couldn't make the game. I got let down for one so just took his. Was surreal sat in the Main Stand at the Brendanbowl with thousands of them ... wee Rod Wallace pops up a few minutes before the end with the winner, looked across at the Rangers end and it was total bedlam. Made my way out pretending I was pig-sick but just wanted out of there before people clocked me grinning like a Cheshire Cat :uk:

The day Partick Thistle beat the filth in the League Cup final, we were playing Motherwell at Ibrox.

In those days, the commentary for matches came on the radio at 3.55 as only the second half was commentated on. So, at half time in our game, word started to filter through that Thistle were up 4-0, and the cheers went ringing round Ibrox.

The strangest thing of all was that the radio station played replays of commentary they had done of the 4 goals. Confusion then reigned as the crowd went bananas for each of the replayed goals, thinking that Thistle were scoring even more. We were thinking it was 7-0 when it dawned on someone with a tranny nearby what was actually happening.

It was funny seeing Rangers players coming over to take a shy in front of the Derry and asking how the score was going. :O)

Away to Dundee Utd early eighties midweek game,unbelievable fog during the game,we scored at far end couldn't see it! Was told it

Was David Mitchell (Aussie) journey on way back was horrendous took 3 hours to get back to Glasgow,couldn't see 10 feet in front

Of you,shitting myself bizarre night

remember it well now was that not a league cup game

^^^^^

Ivan fucking Sproule.

Adrian Sprott... even.

We have the headless chicken that is Ivan sproule at linfield

New Years game at the paedodome 1994.They were flying, we were struggling and had injuries to contend with. In the Pub before the game, atmosphere was subdued, the whole bus feared the worst.

Was still making my way in when we scored the first, and a couple of mins later it was 0-2. By the time we scored the 3rd around the half hour mark it just felt surreal. Absolute euphoria in our end, they didn't appear quite so happy though and started fighting among themselves and trying to get on the pitch.

Now rates as one of my favourite games but the whole day was a bit weird.

You got that wrong, everything we touched went in our own fucking net :lol:

It was almost all down to the treacherous little weasel of a man named Steven Whittaker his performance that night was the worst I have ever seen, infact nearly every single European game that season Whittaker was horrendous and cost us quite a few goals.