Ramsdens Cup Final

ShanksRFC

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is : People can be serious Rangers Fans without going to every game home and away. We should not consider them as some inferior species because they don't dedicate all their time to following the team.

No one is saying they should be considered inferior or that theyre not fans. But the fans who have been and payed their money to see opening rounds and midweek games and winter time games should be first in line for tickets.

If someone doesnt go to many games that doesnt make them less of a fan, but the fan who has been to all the games has clearly put more effort into supporting the team and for the sake of fairness should be in line for a ticket before someone who hasnt.

Many will say "I can make it to every game" etc and im sure there are many who cant, but this is the line that always seems to get shouted every time its a cup final, you never see folk mentioning it at smaller games, it always the OF game or the cup final that folk say things like "this is one of the only games I could attend this season". Im not saying these folk dont deserve a ticket at all but they deserve it less than the guy who was at the QF and SF's.

Some people do dedicate a lot of their time and money to supporting the team and its not fair that they miss out over someone who doesnt put a lot of time and effort in. This especially annoyed me at the last OF game, I think id missed one game that season and still struggled to get a ticket when there was boycotters who hadnt attended a single game getting tickets. Thats the definition of gloryhunting if you ask me.

This argument end up popping up 3 or 4 times a season and the Club should look into the way it allocated tickets. IMO if youre offered a ticket to the opening rounds and knock them back then your name should go to the bottom of the list. Ive missed the chance at plenty of tickets from my RSC but when I dont get one I know the reason im not getting one is because the guy who is ahead of me in the list has been to more games and therefore contributed more to the Club so I have no issue with it. But its when you get on the bus for a big game and theres a bunch of folk you dont see all season there when others have ended up missing out that annoys me. Ive usually managed to get a ticket in the end so its not a huge issue for me but I know there are folk who get fed up with missing out on big games because of the allocation/ballot or however they do it.

Frankly I think the ticket office is a bit of a shambles, at least 4 times this season theyve allocated an away ticket to my 5 year old daughter without allocating one to me or my dad or my brother, it doesnt take a genius to figure out that if your giving a 5 year old a ticket then their parent should get one too. Weve given away a childs ticket quite a few times already.

No one is saying they should be considered inferior or that theyre not fans. But the fans who have been and payed their money to see opening rounds and midweek games and winter time games should be first in line for tickets.

If someone doesnt go to many games that doesnt make them less of a fan, but the fan who has been to all the games has clearly put more effort into supporting the team and for the sake of fairness should be in line for a ticket before someone who hasnt.

Many will say "I can make it to every game" etc and im sure there are many who cant, but this is the line that always seems to get shouted every time its a cup final, you never see folk mentioning it at smaller games, it always the OF game or the cup final that folk say things like "this is one of the only games I could attend this season". Im not saying these folk dont deserve a ticket at all but they deserve it less than the guy who was at the QF and SF's.

Some people do dedicate a lot of their time and money to supporting the team and its not fair that they miss out over someone who doesnt put a lot of time and effort in. This especially annoyed me at the last OF game, I think id missed one game that season and still struggled to get a ticket when there was boycotters who hadnt attended a single game getting tickets. Thats the definition of gloryhunting if you ask me.

This argument end up popping up 3 or 4 times a season and the Club should look into the way it allocated tickets. IMO if youre offered a ticket to the opening rounds and knock them back then your name should go to the bottom of the list. Ive missed the chance at plenty of tickets from my RSC but when I dont get one I know the reason im not getting one is because the guy who is ahead of me in the list has been to more games and therefore contributed more to the Club so I have no issue with it. But its when you get on the bus for a big game and theres a bunch of folk you dont see all season there when others have ended up missing out that annoys me. Ive usually managed to get a ticket in the end so its not a huge issue for me but I know there are folk who get fed up with missing out on big games because of the allocation/ballot or however they do it.

Frankly I think the ticket office is a bit of a shambles, at least 4 times this season theyve allocated an away ticket to my 5 year old daughter without allocating one to me or my dad or my brother, it doesnt take a genius to figure out that if your giving a 5 year old a ticket then their parent should get one too. Weve given away a childs ticket quite a few times already.

Well said. As a great man once said:

"Support your team and all its glory, fuck the pope and Jim Mcgrory"

If you don't go to games don't expect to be a glory hunting fuck wanting a ticket when we're in a cup final.

Peterhead have already stated they want it played at Pittodrie, somewhere like that or Dundee / Edinburgh is only fair.

Ok, let's have (at a rough guess) 30,000 Rangers fans travel way up north, rather than 500 peterhead fans travel south. Makes sense eh?

Ok, let's have (at a rough guess) 30,000 Rangers fans travel way up north, rather than 500 peterhead fans travel south. Makes sense eh?

That shit hole is nowhere near 30,000.

My point isn't to do with fans, the SFA shouldn't break from tradition due to circumstances.

Totally agree. We've been to every home game this season and signed up to CCCS for semi finals and finals so I would be absolutely raging if we didn't get a ticket for the final.

As others have said the 22000 people who froze their backsides off during the semi final should be first priority to get tickets.

I'm hoping for Pittodrie or Tannadice. The longer journey would make for a better atmosphere.

I'm guaranteed a ticket anyway because I'm signed up thankfully.

Have to disagree, I think 50,000 bears at hampden on a nice spring day would be a better atmosphere than going to any dump up North because you had to travel for a few hours.

While it is a nice thought to have 20,000 plus Bears invade Aberdeen for a final at Pitawdrie, I have changed my mind in favouring this place for the final.

Rangers and Bluetoon want to play at Hampden, as many Bears who want to can get to the game and Peterhead get the financial windfall they deserve for getting to the final.

Well we want it there, Peterhead want it there and I'm pretty sure the sponsors will want it there aswell, so what possible reason could the SPFL or SFA have for not making Hampden the venue ?

Do we want it there? When was this statement made by the club and when was the fans poll taken?

For what it's worth I think it will be at Hampden

Well we want it there, Peterhead want it there and I'm pretty sure the sponsors will want it there aswell, so what possible reason could the SPFL or SFA have for not making Hampden the venue ?

Thar means the SFA will play it in some god forsaken hole, after all we dont want football clubs influencing the game