Richard Wilson Knows F*** All.

Siam69

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MW is true to his word, and the paddypower pish is a load of nonsense - it's a timofee fing:

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/fulham-rangers-boss-mark-warbuton-6940638

Fulham on Rangers boss Mark Warbuton: We have NO interest in making him our next manager

FULHAM have today insisted they have "no interest" in making Mark Warburton their next manager.

The Rangers boss is the bookies favourite to take over from Kit Symons, who was axed by the English Championship side last month.

Speculation grew further earlier this afternoon when the second favourite to succeed Symons Gary Neville landed the Valencia job, seemingly clearing the way for Warburton to return south.

But the Craven Cottage outfit are adamant they do not want the former Brentford boss.

Radio Station RockSport approached Fulham for a member of their club to go on and speak about Warburton.

But the Cottagers flatly refused, telling the station: "We are reluctant to provide a spokesperson from the club for RockSports Talking Football Programme as we have no interest in Mark Warburton and do not wish to add to speculation."

I think they are missing a "we no longer have any interest in Mark warbuton " from the start of their statement

They might want him, but it's clear they have spoken to two other managers first, (Stevie Clark and another?) so a bit insulting to be third choice! I hope our manager makes it clear he is here for the long term and puts a stop to the BBC/other media trying to get him away!

not really. usually feelers are put out to quite a few options to see if there's an interest and its taken from there. I would expect they have approached about a dozen candidates already through agents etc.

Media outlets have no influence on a manager leaving, its niaive to think otherwise

MW is true to his word, and the paddypower pish is a load of nonsense - it's a timofee fing:

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/fulham-rangers-boss-mark-warbuton-6940638

Fulham on Rangers boss Mark Warbuton: We have NO interest in making him our next manager

FULHAM have today insisted they have "no interest" in making Mark Warburton their next manager.

The Rangers boss is the bookies’ favourite to take over from Kit Symons, who was axed by the English Championship side last month.

Speculation grew further earlier this afternoon when the second favourite to succeed Symons – Gary Neville – landed the Valencia job, seemingly clearing the way for Warburton to return south.

But the Craven Cottage outfit are adamant they do not want the former Brentford boss.

Radio Station RockSport approached Fulham for a member of their club to go on and speak about Warburton.

But the Cottagers flatly refused, telling the station: "We are reluctant to provide a spokesperson from the club for RockSport’s Talking Football Programme as we have no interest in Mark Warburton and do not wish to add to speculation."

wow, there's people who still believe what they read :)

not really. usually feelers are put out to quite a few options to see if there's an interest and its taken from there. I would expect they have approached about a dozen candidates already through agents etc.

Media outlets have no influence on a manager leaving, its niaive to think otherwise

Correct , I believe they spoke to the representatives of a couple of managers before they formally approached Clarke

Gerry McCulloch at his finest on Radio Catholic there (caught it in the staff room in work) ... to a Rangers fan "are you worried that Mark Warburton has so far refused to come out and play down the Fulham role" wtf ... he has ... and that clown of a so-called Rangers fan is every bit as bad with his reply "yes that worries me" Jesus Christ

BBC now saying we've offered Warburton a higher salary and a higher transfer budget to stay.

If we did that we are insane. I'm not against giving him a better contract and a bigger playing kitty (that would be great) but we can't do this every time someone shows an interest in him.