Billy King - Welcome to The Rangers

eskbankloyal

I think this is a decent signing. Looking at what he's done at Hearts over the last 2.5 years has impressed me (particularly last season). His statistics show that he can create a goal as well as chip in with a few himself. Members saying he's a Hearts reject and other comments I don't think have done their research about the guy. I understand maybe a little bit of frustration is because it's a short term deal, but there's nothing to say he won't sign in the summer. His contract is over in 2017 which means we could get him cheaper in the summer if it's an option. Also if it turns out to be only 6 months well there's nothing to say he won't contribute to the team with assists and goals, especially if you look at his stats last season.

As for Neilson's comment regarding King's progression (almost stating we are a feeder club) I wouldn't take much from it. The guy is a known gob shite just like his pal in the stand.

Also love the name!!!

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

he isn't ruling out a permanent move himself, in his rangerstv interview he said

"hopefully I make an impression and we will see what happens in the summer"

He's trying to win over the fans so of course he's saying that.  Imagine the uproar if he said 'I have no intention of staying and wish to return to Hearts a better player'.  

Warburton stated that they are working on a couple of deals that have been drawn out. 

Judging from Billy King's comments his move was done and dusted pretty quickly which would make me assume that there are still a couple of deals to be tied up before the window closes.

15 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

He's trying to win over the fans so of course he's saying that.  Imagine the uproar if he said 'I have no intention of staying and wish to return to Hearts a better player'.  

well what is wrong with Neilson trying to win over his fans by saying he will return?

10 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

A report from the BhBC (apologies)states that he's recovering from injury and being at Ibrox will help that along???Are they stirring the s**t? Rabid bassas.

Of the past 5 games, he's

started 4 times the other time he didn't start he was subbed on

and 

he's been subbed off (of those 5 games) twice. 

This is going from 30th of December to Sunday just there (24th) 

So aye, their talking shit. 

47 minutes ago, ManchestGer said:

Hopefully he comes on tomorrow,"King Billy's on the ball, King Billy's on the ball"

Brilliant  ....King billys on the ball 

Rest of the words the same ...

Welcome Billy, as for all the paranoid, conspiracy seeking doubters either support your Club, Board and Management team or don't.   Id get it if MW had a poor signing record.  Waggy cost £200,000 do all you folk who think £500,000 for MOH is fair price, do you think he is 2 n a half times the player Waggy is? Never in your fuckin life, so Id leave it to the guys the Board employed to source the players, they have thousands of times the knowledge any of us on here have.

PS. For all you nutters who think the Board negotiate transfer fee's with other Clubs, that's why they employ a Managing Director, a very hands on shrewd Manager and a Head of Recruitment. The Board give these guys a budget and let them do their jobs, I'm glad we don't pander to panicking fans who really have no clue and pay fee's just to appease them.

THE DAYS OF RANGERS BEING EXPLOITED AND PAYING OVER THE ODDS ARE OVER, THANK FUCK BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT CAUSED  EVERY BIT OF SHIT WE HAVE WENT THROUGH IN THE LAST4 YEARS.  

3 minutes ago, Loyal not just in name said:

Welcome Billy, as for all the paranoid, conspiracy seeking doubters either support your Club, Board and Management team or don't.   Id get it if MW had a poor signing record.  Waggy cost £200,000 do all you folk who think £500,000 for MOH is fair price, do you think he is 2 n a half times the player Waggy is? Never in your fuckin life, so Id leave it to the guys the Board employed to source the players, they have thousands of times the knowledge any of us on here have.

MOH is listed at being 350k, which I'd say is about right. Waghorn we actually got for 500k less than what he was worth at Wigan. So we got a great deal on him. 

Waggy right now is worth an additional 175k than what MOH is worth right now. 

4 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

MOH is listed at being 350k, which I'd say is about right. Waghorn we actually got for 500k less than what he was worth at Wigan. So we got a great deal on him. 

Waggy right now is worth an additional 175k than what MOH is worth right now. 

Ha ha ha we would get £2m for waggy right now, MOH wont be worth that in total career moves mate. Waggy only worth £525,000, are you a tim?

10 minutes ago, Loyal not just in name said:

PS. For all you nutters who think the Board negotiate transfer fee's with other Clubs, that's why they employ a Managing Director, a very hands on shrewd Manager and a Head of Recruitment. The Board give these guys a budget and let them do their jobs, I'm glad we don't pander to panicking fans who really have no clue and pay fee's just to appease them.

THE DAYS OF RANGERS BEING EXPLOITED AND PAYING OVER THE ODDS ARE OVER, THANK FUCK BECAUSE THATS EXACTLY WHAT CAUSED  EVERY BIT OF SHIT WE HAVE WENT THROUGH IN THE LAST4 YEARS.  

Things have changed all right, we're now a development club for the likes Arsenal, Spurs and HEARTS.

2 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

So you're saying we can only afford loan players or we go bust? right?

I don't think you're seeing how beneficial having loan players is for us.

Gedion and Oduwa were here for development, that much is true but we've sent about 6 or 7 boys out for the same reason.

Ball might be the same reason as the above two

Billy King however, I think we've got him on loan to see what he's like before we commit ourselfs to buying him. That way, we don't have baggage to deal with and we remain with a tight, lean squad. Where no one is being left out. 

1 minute ago, theclothmonster said:

So you're saying we can only afford loan players or we go bust? right?

I'm saying I don't know what we can afford (same as you) but Id much rather whatever it may be that we only spend what we can afford because its simple if we don't we go into debt and end up back in the shite, all the pish about King spending millions on players he NEVER said that the Club needs 10's of millions to prop it up until its in the SPL and hopefully Europe where if we live within our means we can have a wage bill less than half of the papes and break even in the SPL meaning any European income is a bonus. Each to their own but if you fancy another boom n bust sugar daddy that's your bag.