Angela Haggerty sacked from Herald

Lidl

3 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Oliver Holt an alice band wearing fannies fanny

ollieholt-aliceband.png

you have to wonder at what point he thought that was a good idea haha

he mustve looked in a mirror at some point and thought "looking good Ollie boy, looking good"

surely somebody backstage on the programme wouldve given him the heads up "Holt, you look like a fudd, i would lose the fanny band"

1 minute ago, Trooblue said:

Spiers now saying on Twitter that what he wrote was '100% true'.  I do hope that he receives a letter from our Director's solicitor in the next few days.  

Would'nt know the truth if it bit him on the arse, 100% lard.

7 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

NUJ being urged to take action  on treatment of Haggerty and Spiers.

A bunch of lying,cheating phone hackers taking the moral high ground for those two losers :mutley:

And what action would that be? A journalists strike? Like we'll miss them? Even the chippies have been banned from wrapping their food in newspapers because of the amount of shit contained in them!

8 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Rangers will no doubt we blamed for this but fundamentally it is her own fault.

After Spiers wrote his article about the Rangers board, Rangers got involved, understandably. The Herald took legal advice and were told in no uncertain terms they could not prove Spiers' claims and should issue an apology and did. For Spiers & Haggerty to both 'rebel' against said apology under legal advice is at best very stupid and they can have no complaints.

If I was the Rangers board I would be taking exception to this part of the article by Robbie Dinwoodie.

"Next in line is Angela Haggerty, editor of Common Space and Sunday Herald columnist, unceremoniously ditched by the Herald editor Magnus Llewellin after pressure from the Rangers board. The reason? She was told that "representatives of the Rangers board" threatened legal action after she expressed solidarity with Graham Spiers on Twitter, who himself was under attack for writing a column about Rangers. See Graham's statement about the affair here.
The Rangers board had nothing to do with her being sacked, nor as far as I know did " representatives of the Rangers board" threaten legal action about Haggerty expressing solidarity with Spiers.

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

If I was the Rangers board I would be taking exception to this part of the article by Robbie Dinwoodie.

"Next in line is Angela Haggerty, editor of Common Space and Sunday Herald columnist, unceremoniously ditched by the Herald editor Magnus Llewellin after pressure from the Rangers board. The reason? She was told that "representatives of the Rangers board" threatened legal action after she expressed solidarity with Graham Spiers on Twitter, who himself was under attack for writing a column about Rangers. See Graham's statement about the affair here.
The Rangers board had nothing to do with her being sacked, nor as far as I know did " representatives of the Rangers board" threaten legal action about Haggerty expressing solidarity with Spiers.

The club's lawyers should be looking at taking action on this spurious nonsense.

8 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

How many times does Spiers have to be caught out in lying,including TV, before employers realise he's a serious liability???Hope he's banned sine die from Ibrox now.

It's ok, though - you're allowed to tell lies as long as they are about Rangers. This is Scotland, remember.