*****The Official Rangers v Dundee Match Thread*****

18 minutes ago, Dietspam said:

Not sure how i feel about this one. Didn't deal with Killie how i thought we would and i think Dundee are a far better team than them. This will be a big test for us on Sat

Agree with you mate. Hopefully we win but I've a slight feeling that's no good. 

10 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

They've only won a single game more than Kilmarnock in the league. I don't think Dundee are 'far' better personally. The big difference is they have more fight and confidence to come back from losing positions(ten times in the league)  Four home matches this season against ICTx2, Motherwell and Partick, Hemmings has scored with 5 minutes or less to play and got a point. Came back from 2-0 down at DU to score two late on, one in the 94th minute. Would be right next to Kilmarnock if not for those late goals. 

One victory each between both teams this season. I don't think Dundee have much about them. Winning less than a third of your league games is pretty garbage and yet some of our fans think we couldn't finish above them!

Are you forgetting our late goals, especially recently?

2 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

I think Dundee will try bully us and due to this Law will get a start with Harry coming on off the bench. KM will also start.

Dundee aren't a physical side, so they wont bully us. Forrester will play on the wing and Law will play in the middle unless Ball plays there.

Tough tie, similar to the Saints one IMO. They have pace in Loy, Stewart and Hemmings, could be dangerous on the break if we don't defend as well as we have done these past few weeks, we could concede a goal or two, we just have to hope our forward line of McKay/Miller/Clark/Forrester can do the job quickly and put it to bed early IMO, We'll create chances, but without Waggy/MoH/King etc, the harder it will be.

I stated my team earlier, but I think Warburton will bring Ball into CDM.

Me personally, I'd like to see

Fod

Tav Kiernan Wilson Waldo

Holt Halliday Law

Mckay Miller Forrester

But think Warburton will go

Fod

Tav Kiernan Wilson Waldo

Holt Ball Halliday

Mckay Miller Forrester

Both teams more than capable of winning the tie, but we need to be switched on to the counter, the last few weeks we've dominated and defended exceptionally well IMO. If we keep it up, the games ours.

2 hours ago, brazz1972 said:

Buzzing for this now. Coming up to Glasgow after work today for the wknd. How are the ticket sales looking? Picked up any? 

Surprisingly poor at the moment looking at the stadium plan.  Hopefully, it picks up today and tomorrow.  Massive game. 

Buzzing for this match.

Would love to see Forrester continue in midfield but sadly that would mean Clark starting. For me the only decision the manager has to make is Ball/Law/Zelalem in midfield beside Holt and Halliday. For me......

Wes

Tav

Wilson

Keirnan

Wallace

Holt

Ball

Halliday

McKay

Miller

Forrester

3 minutes ago, rossDas said:

Dundee have scored 40 and conceded 42 in the league. They have two wins in the last five games in all competition and three draws; patchy form. 

It really sounds like they're blowing hot'n'cold and with any luck their draw against septic the other night was their hot blow, When they return on Saturday, hopefully they will freeze and produce nothing.

When it comes to other teams, especially premiership teams I keep thinking they're going to play open football and come the feck out of their own half for more than 10 mins of breakaways.

I'm always disappointed.:angsum:

Pretty buzzin' and canny wait for noon tomorrow. Both teams will have chances and I just hope we take more of ours than they do.  Getting through any old way will do me do but I hope we kill them. I think our starting XI picks itself and is more than capable.